IN A FISHBOWL

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

IN A FISHBOWL

Postby REFORMER » July 16th, 2006, 7:10 pm

hi, It's the reformer again. I am on day 9 and down 6lbs. Being so excited
about MF, I blabbed to everybody at work (I am a hospital nurse) right from the start. Now, before they say "hi" they ask "How's the diet?" LOL. I don"t mind being the guinea pig (no pun intended). I am having zero hunger pains. A tip from me: I find making the soups,chili and oatmeal in the microwave too complicated and unpredictable. I've had them boil over etc... so I simmer them on top of the stove. It works great for me. THanks for all your feedback.!!!
REFORMER

Postby BamaBabe » July 16th, 2006, 7:54 pm

WTG!! :cheers: Big congrats on your success! I'm new here, so glad to meet ya :D

I blabbed to all my family & counseling buddies & have the same thing! lol They all saw me slowly lose, then gain it all back on Nutri-System, so they probably have a betting pool spread going on behind my back or something... wouldn't surprise me a bit from this bunch... :roll: It's kinda nice, tho, if you think about it... built-in motivator to keep from droppin' the ol' ball, ay!? :mrgreen:

I hear ya on the microwave issue... we are lucky to have one of those water coolers that spouts hot or chilled H2O... I am mucho lazy & just measure out the oz of the hot into a coffee mug w/ my packet & throw an empty folder or something over the top for a couple of minutes on my desk... bam, lunch! :-P (Haven't had any boil-overs or anything w/ the m-wave... I'm just lazy/preoccupied/multi-tasking... how sad is that? lol)

Hang tough! Sounds like you are doing awesome - so glad to meet you! :mrgreen:
Nikki :woohoo:
*~Giving myself my figure back for Christmas!~*
5'10" - ReStart:8/11/06
10#=8/14/06 20#-?
BamaBabe
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Elke » July 17th, 2006, 6:10 am

I know there are a few here who cook their meals over the stove top, I like quick and easy so its a microwave for me.
Good to see that you are doing so well. I also have many people watching me and are starting to get interested in my diet. Gonna have to open a shop pretty soon :D
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Diana » July 17th, 2006, 8:02 am

Keep up the good work!! Before you know it, you'll have a whole TEAM of coworkers with you on this program!

In the microwave, I use a bowl that's at LEAST twice as big as I think I need. (Haven't had trouble with the chili, but, absolutely with all the rest.) We also have a hot water tap on the coffee machine at work -- that works well, too.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby sherry2232 » July 17th, 2006, 9:59 am

Hi Reformer!

WELCOME and congratulations on your progress!

Just wanted to share with you that at first, I had the oatmeal flowing over the bowl in the microwave, too. I had to fix that cause I love the oatmeal and want it fast! I can use a regular sized cereal bowl now. I use pretty hot tap water and only mix the oatmeal till it's wet, but semi lumpy. Nuke for a minute, but then check it at 40 seconds. Stir slightly and nuke for the remaining 20 seconds. Then I stir it again and eat it! That's it and I haven't had a spill over since. I've read that a few people here make the soups the night before or in the morning and then they just reheat them at work. Good luck.

Forgot to add that I don't cover the bowl in the microwave - I used to and I think not covering helps it not boil over.
06/08/06
252/231/190??
Sherry
sherry2232
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 17th, 2006, 1:21 pm

Hi Reformer and welcome to the forum,

Click the "Register" button and join the forum so I can add you to the 10# club soon. There's also some other features you'll be able to see if you register.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 17th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Hi Reformer,

I'm a chronic nuker and I've finally gotten a hold of the boil overs...It took me a WHILE! I use a big bowl with a lid that only had a little flap. I WISH I was near a stovetop because I'd be doing the same thing!

As for the fishbowl...it's almost ALL anybody asks me about (now that I'm getting close to goal), it's a good thing though, keeps me motivated. More people to prove I can do it to! Accountability is big in my world!

Go ahead and register & join us so you can join clubs and see our cool tickers and stuff! It's free!

Glad you're shakin' with us!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » July 17th, 2006, 9:28 pm

hi! welcome to the forum... your name reminds me of the punisher (the movie hehe) i dont know why... lol
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.