First Day

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

First Day

Postby Huskies4me » October 23rd, 2004, 1:30 pm

I have tried medifast before but was not able to stick on it. I did not drink the water and ate too many bars. This time I am only on the shakes and cocoa. I am hoping that by limiting my choices that I will be able to have more success. I just need to get past the three days!!!! How does everyone get through the first days?

j
Huskies4me

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 23rd, 2004, 4:48 pm

Welcome j! :wave:

My first month I didn't even order the bars otherwise I'm afraid I might have resulted in a failed attempt at Medifast too. I think your strategy is good - just the liquid stuff for now. My first three days were helped by diet soda, and drinking the water religiously even when I felt like I couldn't have another drop. Filled me up. Also the broth from boullion cubes or the MF fast soups helped a great deal too.

Hang in there - if I can do it, anyone can! :cleader:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2004, 1:05 am

J,

I understand about the bars...don't order any for a while.

Avoid the cupboards unless they are like Old Mother Hubbard's...

Drink ALL your :toast: shakes and ALL the water. :water:

Read previous postings from other people's first days and read my newsletters.

Gnaw on the back of your hand and lick your desk.

Monday is M day for me...I'll be right with ya, Kid - actually, you will be ahead of me and YOU will have to serve as MY coach!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Welcome!

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » October 24th, 2004, 9:36 am

Hi and Welcome!
I am on day 6 and by day 3 I felt little if any cravings.
I emptied out my upstairs cupboards of all the temptations and sent them downstairs to where our family room/ storage rooms are.
I even cleaned out the freezer in the kitchen and sent everything bad to the other freezer, so that I don't see it everyday!!

Drink lots of water,and focus yourself on something when you want to cheat as in a game, a craft, a book anything that will keep your hands busy. If you are like me I ate whenever, most of it rarely had reasons to do with hunger, so figure out what triggers your snack moments and avoid that if you can.

Hang in there it gets easier after the first 3 days .
These ladies above me have been at it much longer than I,and really can help you with their insights.
God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DivinePro » October 24th, 2004, 4:15 pm

You know guys, I gotta say, the bars keep me from cheating. I have to chew something.

I like the bars because I can take small bites and make it last ten minutes while watching tv or reading a book. Plus, they're really yummy. =)

I'd have to say though, my major motivation is the money I spent on this diet. I am a full-time college student working part-time and really trying to make things meet. I saved up and paid for mine and my roommate's first month supply (two months total). Plus, my roommate is going to Fire Fighter school in January, so she won't cheat. If she doesn't cheat, I don't cheat.

But good luck. You just gotta find your motivation. I also hang a pair of pants 3 sizes smaller on a hanger in my room with a post-it that says "New Year's Eve Party".

Sarah
Started 10/19/04
281/252/145
Total Lost: 29

Roommate:
206/185/165
Total Lost: 21
DivinePro
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2004, 10:15 am

I can take small bites and make it last ten minutes

We cut our bars into 24 pieces and savor them. We keep them in a small plastic sealable cup or a zippy bag.

It is really good to learn to slow down when we eat - sip your shakes, enjoy the flavor and texture of the soups ad puddin', make each meal last 15 minutes. It takes that long for your stomach and brain to realize food is in there, for satisfaction to be realized.

It is REALLY important to determine WHY you are doing this.

If you have a goal, it makes it easier on the long-term basis to stick with the program.

When the reason WHY is bigger than your fears, you'll make it.

NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels.

Having something tangible truly is beneficial. Put pictures on your refer to remind you of your goal.

my major motivation is the money

Sometimes $ is the motivator - I know that in the early days of my weight loss program, when I wanted to eat something and our cupboards were bare except for Medifast, I looked at those boxes and saw dollar signs. It reminded me that there was no need to go to the store, that all the food I needed was right there in the cupboard.

I learned to be grateful for my Medifood.

For the first time in my life, I felt hunger. It was a foreign sensation to me, as I had been so used to stuffing my trap that my stomach had never really experienced hunger. (After the first couple of weeks, my hunger wet away.)

Goals are important to your long-term success.
:coach: Go for it!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby fedup » October 25th, 2004, 10:34 am

Heck ya, the money can be a powerful part of the motivator. I thought long and hard about the expense of MF before doing it... and I decided I was WORTH it. Why would I want to pay all this money out for a program then cheat and have it be wasted? So for me, money was also a motivator to stay 100% committed. (Not my only motivator, but it's included!)

Another motivator for me to never cheat is to remind myself that unlike on "diets" where "1 little bite" isn't gonna hurt... in this case, IT WILL :!:
That bite or treat will throw me right out of ketosis, and I'll be hungry again, cranky, and it'll take me 3 days to make up for it! So for me it was "now or never..." "all or nothing"...

One other big motivator is that I tell myself over and over that food isn't going anywhere... it's not like they're gonna quit making all my fav's in the next months... I CAN and WILL enjoy certain foods again, just not now... and when I do, I will do it sensibly and make smart choices that I didn't in the past.
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.