It's finallly here!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

It's finallly here!

Postby Jane » January 27th, 2004, 2:14 pm

:D
"The Box" finally came...my long lost first order....yeaaaa!

Now I have to decide when to start. I have a quest who just arrived...so any sugggestions on whether I should wait untill she leaves or dive right in. The booklet said to 'plan' your starting carefully. What does that mean?

Any other suggestions for the first three days? First week?

Also, any recommendations as to which of the books are the best? Do you keep a journal?

I am trying to get up the courage to have a ?

Janey
Jane

Postby female1978 » January 27th, 2004, 2:32 pm

My 2 cents..... :idea:

It might be best to start once your guest leaves IF you think you might feel obligated to go out for meals etc. with the guest. I personally would. The first few days may prove most difficult because your body is used to eating and not fasting. Drinking 5 shakes per day requires a lot of discipline (at least for me) and if one is easily distracted in the begining, then one may give up and loss faith. That's why during the first few days, one should select a period of time where one can dedicate time and energy into getting off on the right track. The begining is so crucial.

Good luck and return often!
Female1978

Los Angeles, CA

01/10/03
291/?/170
female1978

Postby Unca_Tim » January 27th, 2004, 3:08 pm

Congrats Jane!!
I'll second that emotion....:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby finalstraw » January 27th, 2004, 3:54 pm

I also had out of town guest when my first box arrived. I waited until they left and had heard stories of diareha upon starting the program, so I waited until the weekend when I knew I would be more in control of my schedule. I was glad also, I had a major headache from coming off carbs and colas.

It is a really different world, but one you get used to. Just pick a few days when you can stay home if you want. You don't have to, but if you want to, then you have that option.

GOOD LUCK, and the most important thing, come here and ask questions or complain or share your victories. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

starting out

Postby Jane » January 27th, 2004, 4:00 pm

Thanks guys. What you said makes a lot of sense. Any books I should have? Do you keep journals? Any other suggestions?
Jane

Postby Ellen » January 27th, 2004, 4:26 pm

I would also wait. I got my box right before leaving on a weekend Boy Scout camping trip. I took that time to get myself prepared and started the following Monday.

I think journal would be a neat idea. Personally, I didn't do one, but basically used this forum as an interactive journal.

I have heard good reviews on several of the books that are out there including "Success in a Shaker Jar", but again, I just used online sources like this forum and a few others. I find that I spent lots of extra time online in the first few days. It gave me something to do outside the kitchen while my family was eating. Since I have two teenage sons, my family eats all the darn time!!

I found that the two things that worked best for me were to commit to a once-a-week weigh in. This avoids all those little disappointments when you work hard all day and the mean old scale decides not to budge. The second thing that I did was to commit to an absolute no-cheat rule. This was a bargain that I made with myself and no one else. I promised myself no bites, licks, or tastes, absolutely no non-Medifast food. A few times I had an extra shake or even an extra bar (don't tell Nancy) once or twice I had an extra cup of bouillon or two, but stayed with the "plan foods". For me that made all the difference.

I can't wait to read your reports of dwindling weights and new smaller clothing!!
Ellen
248/216/125
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 27th, 2004, 4:35 pm

Jane - congrats on your exciting new adventure!

Waiting or not waiting is up to you. It might be wiser to wait - the temptations are almost IMPOSSIBLY HARD the first few days. After that, you should feel pretty strong and able to handle those tempting situations better.

I bought Success in a Shaker Jar, but to tell you the truth, I already has most of the information in the book from these boards! The one benefit to the book is that it can be a nice pick-me-up/motivator when you need one.

Again, congrats and we look forward to hearing your great successes.

Kimbob the Pleased
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby susan » January 27th, 2004, 6:01 pm

Jane, so glad you are getting ready to start you will not be sorry for starting on this journey I love it .
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room