A few questions

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

A few questions

Postby Guest » July 15th, 2007, 1:53 pm

Could someone please tell me the rule on beef or chicken boullion cubes/packets. I saw some recipes in the lean cuisine section that had incorporated them, but I'm not sure on the rule. How much a day are we allowed and is it best to stick with the regular ones or the lower sodium ones.

Also, another question about tuna. How much for the lean portion of the lean and green meal are we allowed? I saw in my book a lot of other fish types listed, but not tuna specifically. Tuna in a can or packet is really the only fish I like. Also does anyone know if those starkist tuna creations packets are ok? I love the hickory smoked one and also the lemon pepper one. they are 5oz packages, so would eating the entire packet be ok?

Thanks!
Beth

Postby llrickman » July 15th, 2007, 4:39 pm

On tuna you need 7oz. i use 2 6oz cans drained and have a salad with it or will have one can and 3/4 cup of cottage cheese 1%

I'm not sure on bullion as to how much sometimes i will make one to drink between meals not everyday but some. i usually add some to some of my soups also but not a full serving maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 a tsp. I would definitely look for some lower sodium ones as some that i have is 1200 mg a serving and has MSG i wont buy anymore that has MSG at all

Better than Bullion is one i like its actually a paste and there are several flavors chicken,beef,lobster etc..

As for the flavored tuna i don't know if it has carbs in it due to flavorings or things id say no, But you could always use your own seasonings to flavor one like the lemon pepper

hope this helps as for the amount i hope someone else can chime in i have on occasion had 2 servings in a day but i made sure i drank a TON of H2O when i did

Larry
Started Medifast June 11,2007

Thank goodness for Bullion
llrickman
Regular Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » July 15th, 2007, 4:58 pm

I looked at the Starkist and didn't see nutrition info for all the flavors, but they did list the info for the Hickory Smoked. No carbs or sugar listed (although that's in a 2-ounce serviing, so there can be about 3 grams in a 7-ounce serving; that's still not much, though). It should be fine.

And Larry, if you're supposed to have 7 ounces, why would you have two 6-ounce cans?? Is there really that much water in each can (2.5 ounces)?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby llrickman » July 15th, 2007, 5:42 pm

yes there is, I drained 1 can the other day to make tuna patties and when i weighed it it was 2 7/8 oz of tuna the other can when i drained it was just over 3 oz so if your having tuna for your lean you will need 2 drained 6 oz cans
Started Medifast June 11,2007

Thank goodness for Bullion
llrickman

Postby DogMa » July 16th, 2007, 12:29 pm

Wow! That's a lot of water. I usually use the no-drain packets, so I had no idea.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.