Fears

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Fears

Postby krojoy24 » April 1st, 2004, 12:52 pm

Hi everyone! I am about to start Medifast. I have been dieting and have lost some weight, but would like to try this.
my question is, are any of you afraid of dangeruse side effects? How much lean muscle do you lose doing this program? I just don't want to be afraid that will just make it harder for me. I only plan on doing this for one month the going on a 1000 cal diet.
Thank you so much for any advice. :oops:
krojoy24

Postby elle4nelly » April 1st, 2004, 1:34 pm

Hi krojoy24! Welcome!

The first thing is to assess your health. Get a physical. If nothing is wrong then go right ahead. Any diet and I do not care which one ..can have side effects. Medifast I believe is a safe diet. Any side effects you might come accross can easily be remedied. So don't fear Medifast. As for lean body mass loss....well yeah...just exercise 2-3 weeks after you start. As in any diet, you will lose lean muscle mass if you don't exercise even though a diet might be higher in protein. you just lose less than a on a diet low in protein. Anyway....you always have this forum to voice any concerns. Enjoy!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Jeanette » April 2nd, 2004, 7:32 am

Nelly's right--see your doctor first, to make sure your body can withstand a very low calorie diet. Once you get cleared for takeoff, the sky's the limit!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

thanks

Postby krojoy24 » April 5th, 2004, 6:35 am

Thanks you both so much for your support. :)
krojoy24

Return to The Weight Room