ewwwwwwww

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

ewwwwwwww

Postby Jims Chick » January 8th, 2004, 4:50 pm

Ok, this morning I brought my digital camera to work and my boss and I took our before pictures. She has just started Jenny Craig and hopefully my Medifast will arrive tomorrow and I can get started this weekend. I have to say taking our pictures was a horrifying experience. I swear I never thought I looked that bad and I see myself in the mirror every day. I keep going back to those pictures......I think maybe I'll post one of them on my fridge......they are definite appetite killers. We've decided to take update photos the first of every month. I never considered taking measurements until Nancy mentioned it on another post. Maybe that would be a good motivator if loss gets slow.

I am kind of bummed today. I don't think the my guy is going to be all that supportive of this diet. He is fit and doesn't need to lose weight at all but is always doing atkins ....ok he used to be pudgy before Atkins. He thinks I should just keep doing Atkins I did Atkins I lost 15 pounds...then nothing for weeks, then I'd lose a pound.. so I quit and gained the 15 back plus 7 more. It just doesn't work for me...I don't work well with it. I know he wants me to lose weight...I've mentioned before he's got twice the woman he married....but I'm thinking maybe he's worried I'm not going to cook all his Atkins food for him.....I did tell him that he was going to have to help more with the cooking as I have 2 kids and him to cook for and it might be a little hard to be cooking dinner everynight while I'm drinking a shake. I'm thankful I have some support at work..... and I don't think I'd have even gotten to the point of ordering without this message board. I think this is one of the most valuable tools available when you need a little support. Thanks Everybody!!!
- Question, how does everyone else deal with cooking for the other half and the kidlets?
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Donna501 » January 8th, 2004, 5:10 pm

Dear I have a husband that is a gym freak, 7 days a week like clock work. Rain or shine. I have twin girls that are 3. EVERYDAY I cook for them several times, or we go out. Talk about having to have will power. I make sure we go places that has a salad bar. When I cook, I make sure I make them things that I just dont want to eat, or it is Fish or Chicken, so if I do take a bite, its not as bad. My husband loves sweets. So when I buy him candy or ice cream I get the new low carb stuff. I dont want to eat it and he thinks I am trying to keep him slim and healthy. (he dont know that I hope it taste gross, ha ha) At first it was really hard for me. But now I guess I am just use to it. I pop open the geore forman grill and do the chicken or the fish, 10mins later I am done and dont think about it. My husband did a 12 week workout plan and lost 50lbs, but he can do that. I have asthma very bad and swear I am gonna kill over walking to the mail box. :lol: But I will get through this, and so will you

Donna
started Oct 11
235/190/160 or less
Donna501
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2004, 11:33 pm

Hi, Cutie ~

Yeah, I TOTALLY understand about the 'Before' pictures. I can hardly believe I was as fat as I was and the pictures really prove it. So do the old clothes. I got rid of all but three items of clothing. Scary, eh? :twisted:

Well, your by-line tells it all. WITH Christ, you CAN do ALL things. He has promised a way of escape when we are faced with temptation. Look for the exit signs He places in your path and then be sure to take 'em, Girlfriend!

I like to think of this as something that you are doing for your HEALTH. People are not very tolerant when we say we are on a DIEt. You are doing this for your health. For your physical health. For your mental health. For the health of your marriage and for the health of your relationship with your kids and others.

When we take care of our self, we are better able to care for others. Jesus :heart: loves :heart: us just the way we, flabby, warts and all but sometimes we don‘t love our self and therefore, cannot love others very well when we are feelin’ lousy about who we are.

Try to engage the help of your kids and husband. Atkins is not for everyone. Either is Medifast. Read through previous postings about Atkins. Men like it better than do women. In the scheme of things, Atkins is not the healthiest way to go. Medifast is medically safe, effectively helps people to lose weight, etc. Let this be a family affair.

If you had a broken arm or a broken leg, wouldn’t your husband/kids help you by pushing you in a wheelchair, preparing the meals, vacuuming (well, maybe not vacuuming…) or doing the laundry? Well, solicit his/their help on a temporary basis – try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible. Let him prepare the majority of the main meal for the time being. Let him know how much you need him to do this for you.

My husband is invaluable. He is the force behind my success. He is the main reason WHY I wanted to lose the flab. :hug:

You’ll make it. This is the LAST weight loss plan you ever have to go on. You will be able to maintain a healthy weight and feel great for the rest of your days together. This is a relatively short period of time that you will be avoiding the kitchen. Gosh, you have probably spent YEARS of your life in grocery stores and in that kitchen preparing meals for him and for the kidlets.

Read to the kids and help them with their homework while he fixes supper.

Do a trade out – do something he doesn’t want to do while he prepares the meal: write out the checks for the monthly bills, clean the garage, do the yard work, etc.

Let not heart be troubled. You CAN do it!

:yes: With our help, you WILL do it. Go for your goal and enjoy reaching it! :yes:

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.