Hi Everyone

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hi Everyone

Postby Marci » January 29th, 2004, 9:19 pm

I'm still around but haven't posted in quite awhile. My second week really sucked! I was only on plan for maybe three days! :( I had some major food issued come back that I thought were under control but . . . out of nowhere they attacked me.

I've emailed with Terry and Nancy several times in the last few days and I must say that they are the GREATEST people ever! I have to say that I truely love them both and will hold them dear to my heart forever!

Terry suggested that I read the "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" book and I hope to receive it tomorrow. Looks like I got some weekend reading to do. :D

I'm ready to get back on track and have been taking it easy the last few days and not totally been on plan but not blowing it either. Suprisingly after my week from H*LL I didn't gain or lose, that is definately a blessing.

I'm starting a 2nd job at Starbucks on Saturday. Does anyone know how all that coffee will work with the plan? I'm not much of a coffee drinker but have been told that it grows on you. I just know that I will be drinking non fat, no whip :lol: What about nicotine? Does it affect ketosis? Trying to stop, no WANT to stop, NEED to stop but I'm scared of what giving up 2 of my favorite things (food & cigs) would do to me.

Take care everyone! It's almost Friday!! :yeah: :yippee:
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 30th, 2004, 7:01 am

Marci,

I am in my second week, although I have not cheated yet, I am discouraged over no weight loss for 4 days and haven given up so many opportunities to 'join in' at a meal.

I feel your pain :x , don't be so hard on yourself, it is a very hard thing to only drink a shake for a meal. We by nature desire to chew food and swallow.

Just think of today as a new day, and only think of today. That is what I have to do, if I even start to think of how long this will take I will give up.

ONE DAY or HOUR at a Time. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 30th, 2004, 7:15 am

Hi Marci!

I highly recommend the book Terry suggested. It has helped me so much. So has Success in a Shaker Jar. That book helps you understand the program much better than the info you read here. It covers just about every situation you can encounter. I am re-reading that one, and I am 80 days and 47 pounds less into the program.

I don't have much wisdom regarding the coffee thing either. Perhaps, as you start working there, you will find a nutritional guide for the coffees and such and make good decisions that way.

I know you keep seeing yourself as a failure, but take heart! Stay as faithful as you can to the program and IT WILL WORK!! I am proof!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Thanks Steffanie

Postby Sheri » January 30th, 2004, 9:08 am

I really needed to read what you wrote about your 2nd week. I have not lost anything in over a week.(week 3 for me) Finally saw the Dr and he said the calorie count was too low for me. So instead of 5/1 and he wants me to try 4/2. I have no desire to stop the weight loss and start over eating again. And no desire to eat something I should not. That old expression " a watched pot never boils" comes to mind. I may just stop focusing so much attention on the weight loss right now, and re-focus it back on my life. As they say, stay tuned for further details.

Let's not quit before our miracle!
Sheri
Sheri

Postby Indigo » January 30th, 2004, 9:29 am

Hi, Marci!

Being a coffee-lover myself, you need to be very aware of adding anything. 'Non-fat' does not mean 'No-carb'. I've switched to one really good cup of coffee a day with Splenda- sure, it was a major adjustment, but adding any form of creamer (non-fat or otherwise) adds carbs.
Small amounts of sugar-free syrup are a nice addition, but again, be aware that they have a 'few' carbs.

The other part of this is the caffeine you're taking in, which is why I went from three big cups of coffee down to one. The caffeine rush can hit you harder without the milk-based carbs, and when you're on low calories. So if you're feeling shakey @ 15 minutes after drinking the coffee, you need to cut back . . . .

from a fellow coffee-lover . . .
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 30th, 2004, 9:49 am

I gave up caffeine about a month before starting the program. After a week on, I started allowing myself some caffeine again (mostly in diet colas).

I figured I'm already giving up food and alcohol, so there's no way I'm giving up caffeine or cigarettes at this point!

"Smoking won't send you to hell, it will only make you smell like you've been there." Youth pastor from my old church.

Kimbob the Chimney
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Indigo » January 30th, 2004, 9:52 am

Hey, you and me both, lady!!! One thing at a time . . . .
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Puny Losses

Postby Nancy » January 31st, 2004, 1:06 am

Hoo Boy! I have a lot that I need to say and write to all of you about plateaus.

I am toying with writing about plateaus for the Feb Newsletter IF you can hold out until then!

I am not ignoring you. Honest. Leopard Woman IS fabulous but she is but one woman (half the woman she used to be according to Terry) and you kids all type much faster than I! :puter:

Yeah, I know all about those days when the poundage seems to slip around and not slip off. :x Don’tcha just hate it when that happens? :x

Why is it that when we were NOT on a “D,” maintaining our weight was a good thing?

Gosh, I recall scarfing a bag of popcorn, a Snickers bar, a half-pounder bag of m&ms, washing it down with a jug of Root Beer and being grateful that the scales only went up two pounds! Then when I had been faithfully Medifasting for several days and saw the scale barely move, fluctuate or go up a snort I was ready to leap off a tall building and cash it all in!

What’s the deal what that scale? I thought perhaps the batteries were going gunny sack! I weighed with the scale on the carpet; I weighed with it on the hard wood floor, etc. I came to the conclusion there were “good” scale days and there were “bad” scale days – sortta like good and bad hair days.

Hah! That made me laugh as I thought about a cool old codger Terry and I once knew that always had a funny quip. :goofy:

When I once asked him how he was doing, he replied, “Well, I’ve got bad breath, Nancy but I have decided that having bad breath is better than having no breath!” :sadblue:

Re: puny weight loss days – I have come to the conclusion that weight maintenance is better than a weight gain! :yes: Slight weight gains are normal when on a weight loss program.

When the scale goes up or stays the same, it does not give me license to gorge, to binge or to be honked off. Staying true to the plan is the best way to combat those times when the needle won’t budge.

Measure yourself – the inches ARE coming off. Read a book, visit a friend, clean out a closet or straighten out the junk drawer – DO something CONstructive do NOthing DESTRUCTive!
:thumbsup:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Nancy » January 31st, 2004, 1:08 am

P.S. A teaspoon or two of the Fat Free Half and Half is great in coffee. no carbs, no fat.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room