Eskwyre

1 Thread per registered User.

Eskwyre

Postby eskwyre » January 3rd, 2007, 5:09 pm

It is time for me to start journaling. I can't help but notice that quite a few of the people posting in the maintenance forum have been really good along their journey about posting here and/or journaling. So, in an effort to follow in their footsteps and for the acountability - here I go.

Aside from struggling to get all of my water in today, I was completely compliant. Hey, you take these daily victories as you find them. I am really glad that the holidays are over and find it easier to stay on program when my daily routine is uninterrupted. Still, I am working to make sure that those little interruptions are not excuses to stray.

I was travelling and did not weigh on Sunday. I'm trying to avoid the scale for the next couple of days to keep from obsessive weighing. Still, the skirt I am wearing today is pretty loose. I had to keep checking to make sure that the seams were where they belong because the waist is loose enough that the skirt spins around on me a bit so if I'm not careful the zipper has migrated to the front. All in all, a good problem to have...
eskwyre
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 3rd, 2007, 5:23 pm

Hey there...I looked earlier to see if you had a journal.Glad you made one. You can do this.Welcome to the journaling board!!!

So you said you started on Dec.20th, I started on the 26th.How are things progressing for you.?

Congrats on being compliant and the loose skirt!!! Woo hoo! This is only the begining...the best is yet to come.

Again welcome. :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby eskwyre » January 3rd, 2007, 6:21 pm

Thanks!

I'm down 8 lbs so far (208). I started MF at my all-time high and as a 5'0 person, it just wasn't cute. I stopped buying pants long ago because they just don't make petite sizes that large.

I am so excited that this will happen this time and I am trying to come up with some treats for myself when I reach goal (or at least a mini-goal). Maybe LASIK? :shock:

In other news, I put the house that I had been renting out on the market in December and there was an open house on the 31st. Who ever heard of holdingan open house on new years eve?? Still, there was apparently plenty of activity so I am crossing my fingers and praying for an offer. :pace:
eskwyre

Postby Taangrl21 » January 4th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Congrats on the 8lbs.!!!
Yeah I know what you mean about petite sizes. I tried a few pairs at Pennys and they were a no go.But I cant wait to wear them, they were really cute.
I looked into LASIK myself.It is really cool but I decided against after my consultation and appt was set up.It would have cost me $4400 for both eyes and thats not including touch ups, if they are needed. Costs vary. I went to get my eyes checked back in Oct. and my doctor told me for my type of vision I really didnt need it.I use my glasses to drive in the dark and to watch tv.I am nearsighted.Buts you should def check into it.Just shop around, when the time comes.
So when you move outta this house where you going? Hope you get some offers.Good way to start off 2007...
Taangrl21

Postby KeleeGrl » January 4th, 2007, 2:08 pm

Believe me, I can relate to being short... :idontknow: <---- the length of Kelli's legs!! I have friends that are heavier, but don't look as heavy as me because they have some heighth and legs, not stumps!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 5th, 2007, 10:05 am

How are things going for you?
Taangrl21

Postby eskwyre » January 5th, 2007, 10:11 am

Kelli - you totally crack me up. Midgets of the world UNITE! I do take comfort in the fact that we will all soon be shopping in the juniors department....

Taangrl21 - I am definitely going to stay in Atlanta - until that prince on the white horse shows up. I am convinced that he got lost on his way to find me....

I think I'm doing pretty good (except for one day when I got all creative and added a few chopped black olives to my salad, only to come back to my desk and confirm that they are not allowed...) :hammerhead: . My rough times are when things are busy at work. I can't be the only one who struggles to get all the supplements in during the day. I think I'll have to get up earlier in the morning and having a RTG or something just so I can space them out better and increase my chances of getting them all in.
eskwyre

Postby KeleeGrl » January 5th, 2007, 11:29 am

Don't beat yourself up over a few black olives....it wasn't chocolate!!

I have a hard time at work at times also. I'm sitting there with my MF Beef Stew and they all come in with a smorgasborg!!! Its easier when I have a cold and can't smell the aromas!! But I just have to think to myself that all that grub is going directly to their thighs while mine are slimming up so it looks like I have two legs and not one big one!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby eskwyre » January 5th, 2007, 11:48 am

so true - I went shopping on New Years Eve and let my sister talk me into going into the Godiva store.

Confession: I bought 4 champagne truffles. :nutz:

Victory: I gave the entire bag away. :coolnana:

Whoo hoo - I can't wait for shapely thighs. Who knows, one day I might *gasp* wear shorts!
eskwyre

Postby Karli » January 6th, 2007, 1:03 am

eskwyre wrote:Confession: I bought 4 champagne truffles. :nutz:

Victory: I gave the entire bag away. :coolnana:

Wooo Hoooo !! Congrats :).

Cheers,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 6th, 2007, 3:51 am

Defintely a victory! I was just posting in another thread that at Godiva, the truffles are the BEST thing they offer!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 7th, 2007, 6:35 am

Just checkin to see how the weekend has gone for you...hope all is well. :)
Taangrl21

Postby eskwyre » January 8th, 2007, 2:29 pm

Had a rough couple of days. Still compliant but just feeling :cry: I'm thinking it is just TOM but unfortunately TOM is lasting a reallllly long time this month (over my objections).

Somehow, even though I'm feeling emotionally weak, I have been MF strong. Office birthday duty fell to me this month so I had to go to a bakery to pick up birthday cake yesterday. I took my son along with me (he's 6 and goes everywhere I go). Ofcourse he smells the wonderful smells in the bakery and begs for a donut. I let him have it and calmly drank my shake while he ate it. (I put the cake in the trunk). At the birthday celebration today, I dutifully attended, sang and drank a bottle of water instead of cake.

I'm believing for a really great scale victory at the end of the week to lift my spirits and to reward my compliance...
eskwyre

Postby Taangrl21 » January 8th, 2007, 2:41 pm

I keep trying to think of it this way...I already know what all the foods, that I like, taste like.So i remind myself I am not missing out on anything. However, I dont know what it feels like to really love myself and take extra pride in my body and how good it will look when I get there...so i just keep going and drilling postive things in my head.I know it sounds simple but i am thinking...one day my mind with think positive, as fast as it has thought negative.

Congrats on staying compliant!!! Hey if putting the cake outta site outta mind works...go for it. :)
Taangrl21

Postby Karli » January 8th, 2007, 2:41 pm

Hi, eskwyre :).

eskwyre wrote:I'm believing for a really great scale victory at the end of the week to lift my spirits and to reward my compliance...

You are doing great :). Your post inspired me to quote something Nancy wrote to another forumer a few days ago :

Nancy wrote:You are doing your best to improve your health, to reach a healthy weight and to make informed decisions about eating and exercise. (...) You are getting closer to your goal every three hours.

I just love that and I find it to have many layers. You know, I constantly wrestle with the desire to see my good behavior reflected in the information I am being given from my outside world. Sometimes it is, and that can be really encouraging, and sometimes it's not immediately appearing (for whatever the reason). All of that kind of outward affirmation seems to come in funny waves and with funny timing anyway, as you may have already noticed about life in general :mrgreen:.

But, what you are doing with each decision like the ones you described up above is exactly what Nancy is talking about, I think, as quoted. I think it's very important to see that you are currently living exactly what you have been needing and wanting to live (the strength you have shown in the decisions you made are proof of that), and I think when we recognize that, it is it's own reward and brings about a great momentum. That's most of what it's about, I think. It's important to value that because valuing our own successes keeps us going and feeling confident in 'the way'.

Rest-assured, the outward informations will eventually reflect all of that, as well. Just don't let it rob you nor be the final word that you are experiencing victories. You know what you are accomplishing :). Those are the things that will carry you through and keep you going.

Stay with it :). Stand in it :).

Karli
Last edited by Karli on January 8th, 2007, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to My Journal