my epiphany

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

my epiphany

Postby Guest » August 5th, 2004, 11:52 am

Greetings fellow shakers :-P

Just wanted to share a sort of epiphany or paradigm shift happening, if you will...

I began my complete program on July 21, 2004 and left a post here regarding my cheating...it seemed that I couldn't get enough a little snack here or part of a serving from what I was serving my family - ugh! :(

then, just yesterday a thought occurred to me...we've had oil shortages in america, but there hasn't been a food shortage since the depression! What am I saying? All of the food that my mind, will, and emotions feel like I have to have right now because I am attempting an eating lifestyle change will be here once I am done and reach my goal. And not just here in the sense that I'll be able to have whatever I want...but "here" in the sense that it will be available for me to implement my new found ability to choose how much of something enters my mouth...do you guys understand me? Well, even if you don't it has made a major difference in my choices and allowed me the strength to choose to finish correctly...

any thoughts are appreciated...

Postby Unca_Tim » August 6th, 2004, 11:22 am

Hi Guest and welcome if we don't already know you?

Yes....we don't need to gobble up every crumb there is around today. I'm guessing there'll be plenty around after we reach our goals.

Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

re:my epiphany

Postby Tomeka » August 7th, 2004, 5:30 pm

Yes, Unca Tim...this is me, Tomeka! because of the browser issue I'm listed as a "guest"! So, you already know me!

Tomeka
07/21/2004
200/193/130
Tomeka
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby DutchChoc » August 8th, 2004, 6:15 am

Hey, Tomeka!

Great thought. I want to say that I understand your thinking, as well as your break-through. I can go so far to say that, carrying this surplus/"reserve", I've even related it to being better prepared for a food shortage if ever there is/was one! For some absolutely far-out reason, it worries me a bit to have no reserves... what will those thin people DO? :D However, it seems to be an irrational fear, so I will proceed to unburden myself of these pounds of insulation/non-consolation. Have not really needed them YET!!

Good luck implementing the discipline that will lead you to greater success and less frustration. I also tried doing Medifast "my way" the first time around, and was shown the error of my ways when I found myself eating most anything I wanted, little by little. Hence, I've spent some time redoing the accomplishment I forfeited last time. But, I'm on a roll now and am inspired by everyone here. I want to keep going until I get what I want. Results are really possible -- or PROBABLE!@!

Valerie
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room