Doomed???

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Doomed???

Postby Landylue » June 9th, 2004, 10:35 am

I’m still puzzled, guys. That week I spent in California a couple of weeks ago was an absolute whirlwind of activity--to include a 6-mile hike, four solid days of massive landscaping literally from dawn to dusk, walking, digging, bending, lifting, climbing—on nothing but five shakes a day. You wouldn’t believe the food I passed up because I just knew I would hit that 40 lb marker by the time I got back! When I came home I weighed on Sunday and was absolutely devastated to see only 1.5 lbs gone. 1.5 lbs!!! I still don’t understand why.

The advice I got was less exercise and add a shake or chicken breast. So, several days later when the scale still hadn’t budged I added a chicken breast to the 5 shakes, then a week later made it a lean and green by adding a ½ C of green veggie. I’m almost afraid to weigh next Sunday.

Has anyone else experienced this type of thing? Are people like me just ‘doomed’ to this type of behavior? Somebody give me some hope, here!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Carrie » June 9th, 2004, 11:39 am

Heya Landy,

Well........... I don't know if my experience will help comfort you at all, but I have a seemingly goofy history as well. I seem to have a great week or 2, where I lose a bunch (3-5 pounds a week), then my body rebels or something and I GAIN at least a couple back - even when I'm totally fatihful to the plan. And it doesn't just fall off over the next day or two, it usually takes a week for me to get that weight BACK OFF! It's frustrating, but it seems to be a pattern, and I've decided I'm going to have ride it out and look at long term success. Even with all that tortuous roller coaster ride scale wise I am still, in the long run, losing. It may take me forever to get there, but so be it. Maybe you have something similar going on. In any event TRY and focus down the road, not on this minute ..... I know, I know, that feels impossible, but that's what I'm trying to get myself to do to.

Keep working it sister, we'll get there.
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MomJackieLee » June 9th, 2004, 1:40 pm

I have to say I have also had weeks like that, especially when my dear Auntie Flo is here. In the past I'd do really well for 2 weeks, slower week 3, NOTHING week 4, then back to two good weeks, This is without cheating, just a normal pattern for me. It is SO frustrating to be sticking to plan and then nothing happens on the scale. It could be that you have built up some muscle and your body may be taking a breather to find a state of balance. Try to look for other motivators like clothing size, energy level, inches lost, whatever works to get you over the hump.

We will all be here rooting you on regardless!!! :buddies:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Echo » June 9th, 2004, 3:40 pm

Hi, I have had that same experience, which I can understand when I have cheated but is really frustrating when I'm good. That is why we can't measure our success only by the scale but by how we feel, how we look and in making healthy choices consistently.

Landy, you not only stuck with your plan, you were active and you lost 1.5 lbs, that sounds like success to me! :yippee: The 40 club is around the corner, don't get discouraged!

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby kimay » June 9th, 2004, 6:19 pm

Landy Sweetheart,
I feel so bad for you right now. But, all I can say is that I bet, really, truly bet, that you are in for a big drop any day now. Just hang in there, don't cheat and that drop will be coming your way very, very soon!!! I mean, think about it: Theoretically, calorie for calorie, calories going in and calories going out, when one pound of fat is equivalent to 3,500 calories (if I remember correctly), it is just not possible for you to have only lost 1.5 pounds over these last few weeks with all of the output (exercise) calorie burning work you were doing!
That's just my 5 cents worth.
You are so, so close to that 40 pound marker. Stay faithful and pray.
God Bless!
Kimay,
3/19/04
189/154/130-125?
5'6"
kimay

Postby Ria » June 9th, 2004, 10:35 pm

Hi Landy!

Kill the scales...:hammer: :hammer:

I have to agree with Kimay, you definitely have a deficit of calories. I believe a drop is soon coming! Hang tough you are doing awesome!

184/176/130
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Lois » June 10th, 2004, 10:02 am

Hi everyone....

I decided I'd only weigh myself once a month, so I don't get focused on the scales. Maybe that would help???

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » June 10th, 2004, 7:01 pm

How can I say thank you, ladies? Your words were just the blessed encouragement I needed. You were all a God send. :rose:

I am going to follow Lois' lead and only weigh once a month. I can't believe that the numbers on that stupid scale have this kind of effect on me still. I going to store that scale under a pile of flannel sheets in the cabinet!

I've also gone back to the full fast, as of today, because I now feel like I 'gave up' too quickly on my program. I let the scale defeat me--if going on transition before you hit goal can be called a defeat--and that's just not like me. I think coming home sick from California, and stepping on that scale and only having it fall 1.5 lbs, was just too much to handle at one time.

I also amazingly caught myself doing something I used to do alot. After my chicken breast and 1/2 C of brussel sprouts last night I was just fine--a real happy camper. When I was cleaning up the kitchen, there were around 6 sprouts left in the pot on the stove, and without even a thought, I stood there and finished them off before I took the pot to the sink. Praise God it was only brussel sprouts, but the 'loss of control' bothered me no end afterwards!

When I was a kid, clearing the table was 'my job'. Every night I would eat any extra food the family left on the plates before I ever made it into the kitchen with them. And here I was DOING THE SAME THING AFTER 55 YEARS!!! Am I still trying to take care of those "starving children in China"?

So, I'm putting the brakes on RIGHT NOW! Watch out world, Landylue is BACK!!!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Echo » June 10th, 2004, 9:26 pm

I am part of the clean plate club too, and would always eat the last of whatever so I didn't have to 'waste it', well I 'waisted it' instead :lol:

Now, when something is left I will throw it out, I know nobody else in my family will eat leftovers and I don't want them in the house to tempt me.
Is it a waste? Yeah. It's a waste if I'm eating it when I don't need it too.
If I throw it out it doesn't return on my waist though, and that's what counts.
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room