doglover update

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

doglover update

Postby doglover » July 2nd, 2005, 7:00 am

Welcome to all the new people that I have not said welcome to before. I am thrilled to see you all here and see so much success with the program. I have not been on or posting much for the following reasons. For anyone interested and for my own purging of the soul here is what is happening w/ me these days! Get your chai drink now, this could be a long one.

Well, if you'll recall my hubby left 3 weeks ago to travel for work. At the same time my kids left me to travel w/ grandparents. I spent one lonely week partying w/ friends ;) It was not that lonely! Then my kids came home and we spent a week running from sports camps and preparing my daughter to be gone for her 3rd year to a college summer experience for 3 weeks. This means buying supplies, packing, etc. That was a wild week! We got her off to her college last Sun. Then it's just my son and I. We spent last week running like mad dogs to sports camps and friends houses for play dates. We also had major car shopping to do (more on that in a min) so we were in and out of dealers.

Also during this time my washer died which I resolved and fixed MYSELF! My computer crashed. My dehumidifer died (again fixed it myself!). Let me tell you, living without a computer is no longer an option! I am so lucky to work at home so had my work computer to use, but yikes! It was tough.

I have also had 3 additional dogs in and out for summer camp at the Carpenter's while their families vacation. We have a wonderful network of friends that we all do this for. Their turn will be in Aug to watch my 3 beasts! But that is an additional stressor to learn their schedules and get them used to our home. A couple have not slept well at night so we've been up giving them extra love. This also puts my dogs in a non-relaxed state 24/7! But it's a fun experience, don't get me wrong. Just one more thing in the mix!

Ok, so now hubby is home :) . Computer is fixed but we lost EVERYTHING! My son is leaving Thrs to go to another set of grandparents and my daughter is still at college. Things are slowing down somewhat. I am now going to tell you how my job has truly added a huge amt of stress. They have been asking me for 4 yrs to enter into management and I always say no bec. it would require me to go into the office and I am always going to work at home. My kids need me here. Well....now we have a new position open and they approached me again and this time they want me bad enough they are willing to let me manage from my home :shock: I would get a huge payraise and get a buyout for my car, but would need my own car. I am excited, nervous, honored, you name it. We've been in constant meetings about it and now I have to officially interview on Wed at 1 pm. I think it is 90% that I'll get it but we have to go thru the official channels. Yikes! The new responsibility scares me to pieces. Can I do it? Absolutely. I am a born leader. Do I want to do it? Man I don't know. Am I going to do it if offered? Yes, but YOWZA! So that has added a huge mental stress to my days. And Bill (my DH) has not been here to talk me thru this. But he's here now and we talk LOTS! But this is also why I need to figure out a new veh. I have always wanted a Honda Element from the moment I first saw them. But now that I have to buy something I want to be sure. It is narrowed down between the Element and Toyota RAV4. I want a mini truck.

Anyway...this is what's up with me. I have been floating between 139-141 for weeks now. I can't seem to break this platuea but I am committed today to stop the nips of PB and get through this. I will get to 135 by end of July. Christi gave me that time frame and I love it. I WILL BE THERE by my birthday in Aug. I will celebrate the new and improved me!!!

Thanks for listening. This has been good to let it all out thru the fingertips. You all inspire me every time I read to just keep going. Thakn you for that.
Your Medi-friend forever -
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Emma » July 2nd, 2005, 7:14 am

Donna:

If I had your schedule I'd be in the loony bin :nana:

You have such a good attitude and you'll be at your goal in a few short weeks. :D

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 2nd, 2005, 7:29 am

nips of pb....a girl after my own heart....

I think you are doing great with all that is going on. Especially with the BIG job change. It will all settle out, Im sure. You've come so far and are so close, just buckle down these last few weeks and you will get there. Boy! I cannot wait to get where you are!!! :) :) :)
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby 24KaratGold » July 2nd, 2005, 7:35 am

Yikes, Donna!

I noticed that I hadn't seen as much of you around here as usual, and wondered what was up. It sounds like life is very busy indeed, but very full.

I'm curious about the three-week program your daughter is doing. My 16 and a half year old son is going to Yale in a couple of weeks for the Exploration summer program there, which is also a three week program. Wonder if it is the same sort of thing, or the same company?

You sound like you are very well networked into a group of friends and family that provides you with a lot of love and support. Cherish it! Not everyone is so blessed.

And you WILL have those last pounds off by your birthday! (When in August is it? My hubby's is the 10th.)

Have a great Independence Day!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » July 2nd, 2005, 7:43 am

Thanks as always ladies.

My birthday is Aug 13.

My daughter is with the Summer Institute for the Gifted. She takes 5 college level classes over 3 weeks, lives in the dorm, has the whole college experience. They have evening programs and Sat. get-aways. She is at the Cleveland Zoo today. She loves it. She cannot get college credit until she is in high school (she is 12 now). But she is exploring many areas and (you'll love this) her favorite so far is law! This is her 3rd summer. It's an awesome experience. I talk to her every night before bed (10 pm) and she's is having a blast. Many of the same kids come back year after year so they are all great friends. There are like 7 college campuses that host and Oberlin is closest to us. Most are on the East Coast (Vassar, Brown, Berkely) but there are 2 in CA. Megan really wants to go East when she is 15. Try a new campus. For now being 2 1/2 hrs away is far enough for all of us!

Anyway, it's a great experience for her and one I would have given my right arm to do as a kid.

Thanks for asking and thanks for the words of encouragement. So far so good today. Feeling strong and powerful!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby martha » July 3rd, 2005, 6:33 pm

Hi Donna--And i thought my life was crazy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: you will be at your goal by your birthday!!! I have faith!!-- glad things are getting better for you--have a great week!!--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mytime » July 3rd, 2005, 7:53 pm

Donna - what a wonderful job you do with your kids and all of the opportunities you have made available to them - you must be so very proud !

I think it is just great that your job has let you know how much they value you and have blended their needs with yours.

You said yourself you are a natural leader and I have no doubt you will continue to lead yourself to your goal. You can do it !!!! And thanks for the welcome - Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby doglover » July 4th, 2005, 4:54 am

thanks again everyone.

I rededicated myself and last night we went out to dinner. My hubby got nachos (my fav) and I was so tempted to nibble but did not. I kept telling myself that it is only 5 lbs and if I am compliant I will get thru. So I did not have any. This morning I am back down to 139 and really excited to be moving again! I am going to do this.

So now it is only 4 lbs and the 140's WILL NOT show up on my scale again. I hope the medigods are listening!

Have a great holiday. Be safe and healthy!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby kassilou » July 4th, 2005, 5:02 am

Good for you, Donna! You are so close you can almost taste it, so you do not need to taste those nachos now! They will still be there when you reach your goal.

Happy 4th of July! :yay:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Just Completed Week 5

Postby Jill » July 4th, 2005, 5:57 am

I am so thrilled to report I have lost 30 lbs. in 5 weeks. This is even with a minor deviation last week while on a business trip. I am so pleased with this program. Also, thanks to all who post. It is so motivating to read all the words of encouragement and success stories.
Started May 30, 2005
Beginning Weight 265lbs.
Current Weight 205lbs.
Goal Weight 155lbs.
Jill
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby martha » July 4th, 2005, 7:59 am

JILL---
CONGRATULATIONS on your 30# loss :mrgreen: That's GREAT!!!!! Business trips can be difficult but you did okay.. have a good week-

Donna--
Isn't it great when you control the food urges and not let them control you?? :mrgreen: that's a HUGH accomplishment to achieve :D congratulations -you are doing great!--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Mommy2girls » July 4th, 2005, 2:31 pm

Wow, Donna you are one busy lady! Everything breaking at once would definitely call for some PB, but you are STRONG, I bet those 4lbs could be gone by the end of July for SURE, just buckle down and stay strong!!!

You are doing great! Thanks for the update!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » July 9th, 2005, 8:17 am

Just a quick update the I GOT THE JOB! It is a really big promotion and they are allowing me to still work from home. I am excited and relief is flooding thur me that the process is over. I now have to buy a vehicle! Off to car shop today!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby kassilou » July 9th, 2005, 8:24 am

Congratulations! How exciting for you!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby martha » July 9th, 2005, 8:30 am

DONNA--

CONGRATULATIONS on teh new job and on being able to work from home still.. that's GREAT!! good luck with the new car shopping..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Next

Return to The Weight Room