dinners

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

dinners

Postby stacie4 » May 9th, 2007, 2:50 pm

What kind of stuff do you guys make for dinner. I feel like I live on chicken and grilled burgers and some salad.
I have to say the veggie's are the hardest part to eat. I have never been big on them. Anyone in the same boat??
stacie4
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » May 9th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Check the lean cuisine threads on the board for LOTS of ideas... I've posted a few myself.....

Here is a link so its quicker.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/medifast-16.html
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 9th, 2007, 4:18 pm

I'm not a good one to ask as I don't enjoy cooking (I am working on that though---mentally working on it ;) as I'm not in any hurry to actually 'begin' cooking more :lol:) . My L & G is almost always either baked fish or a chicken salad.

Yep, just those two things......over and over and over and over and over and ....... yep......over again. Day after day after .......

Oh......you get what I'm saying and I can quit with the ........'s?

Okay :oops:

;)

I don't like cooking and I like chicken salads.

;)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bdg » May 9th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Lots of options out there, we often have Tilapia and Broccoli, or cauliflower, but we vary up the spices, and throw in other options at times too. don't limit your possibilities, but the lean cuisine forum offers lots of options to check into.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby Slimmin' » May 10th, 2007, 8:42 am

Stacie - What has worked for me so far is to decide what it is I want (no matter what that might be) and then figure out a way to make something that has a similar taste but is on plan. You may not get exactly what you want, but I have found that using the spices in something similar generally satisfies my taste for it. Cheeseburger is a great example. I have everything except the bun (low fat/fat free cheese please), including the mustard, pickles, etc. That and some Ranch Soy Chips and a really big Diet something to drink and I'm good to go.

When I want Mexican, I use the Chili and spice it like I would taco meat. Sounds crazy maybe, but it works for me.

In order to do this succesfully long term I can't feel that I am deprived...I choose to feel that I am creative instead!
Slimmin'
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » May 10th, 2007, 9:12 am

Slimmin' wrote:When I want Mexican, I use the Chili and spice it like I would taco meat. Sounds crazy maybe, but it works for me.

In order to do this succesfully long term I can't feel that I am deprived...I choose to feel that I am creative instead!

Not crazy... that perfect. Alot of us do that. What you said was great.

Creativity is what keeps alot of people going on this plan.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bdg » May 10th, 2007, 6:35 pm

I agree, and for the lean and green, I make taco meat with ground turkey and have that on a good salad bed, and make a good "taco salad". Lots of good ways to be creatively compliant!
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg

Postby Mickeyz » May 10th, 2007, 8:21 pm

With the warmer weather I find myself craving salads. There are lots of ways to add your lean to your green. Make a salad with shrimp, cajun chicken or tuna. Sometimes I cut back on the meat portion and add a hard boiled egg to get the correct amount of lean. Add your favorite dressing and your good to go.

I also like turkey patties. I get the leanest ground turkey I can find and add some powdered beef bullion, cumin, garlic and onion powder, cayenne pepper and a small amount of diced red bell pepper. I make them ahead of time and freeze them for easy meals. I had them tonight for dinner. Yum! :tongue:

Check out the lean cuisine. There are some great recipes. Beware of some other websites that have "Medifast Approved Recipes". They sound good, but often are not compliant.

Get creative, stay compliant and enjoy!
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.