Did I blow it?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Did I blow it?

Postby Lulie » May 15th, 2006, 2:48 pm

Oh boy, did I get myself into a pickle here. I had some shrimp a week or two ago and had cooked it on the stove and it wasn't that great so I figured it was just how I made it and I would try it again. Today I got some shrimp cocktail since I used to love it when I was younger. Well anyway, I made my own shrimp sauce and dug in. I just couldn't eat the shrimp. It was gagging me. So after a few pieces I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat it. So I tried to think of what I could eat to finish my L&G. So I looked it up and it says that vegetarians can have 1c lowfat cheese. Well, I had some reduced fat cheese and thought that must be the same. I ate one cube of it that was about 1in wide by 2in long, with my 5 snack crackers, and had my salad. Now I got to wondering if I overdid it here or not?

Here is the info on the cheese:

1oz = 90 cal
6g fat
<1g carb
0g sugar
7g protein

I am not sure how much one ounce would look like, and simple me didn't weigh it either. ugh I was just in a hurry, as always and took the easy way. Do you think this will blow me out of ketosis? I so hope not. I would hate to think I blew it on something so trivial. If I am going to blow it, I want it to be something big! LOL

I would really appreciate some of your opinions as you have been doing this longer than me, and know lots more than I do about this! I am thinking about skipping one of my "MF meals" to try and balance things out. Would that work?

TIA
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby BoPeep1 » May 15th, 2006, 3:19 pm

You didn't mess up your ketosis. Cheese doesn't have the carbs to kick it out. My sister is on Atkins - which is ketosis as well (as we all know) and she can have cheese, so I know it's okay.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby falisamarie » May 15th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Should not kick you out of ketosis but I would be careful cause the fat is kinda high if you had much more than an ounce.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby just_julie » May 16th, 2006, 8:54 am

Also remember that your L & G should be 300 calories. I always figure my cheese by calories since fat won't hurt ketosis. I can have almost 3 oz. of my light Cabot white cheddar cheese with my 1 1/2 cups of veggies.
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MISSANNE » May 16th, 2006, 6:37 pm

I didn't know cheese was allowed....are you talking about instead of meat? Am I reading wrong?
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Lulie » May 16th, 2006, 9:32 pm

Thanks everyone. Am I understanding this right, will sugar be the only thing that will kick us out of ketosis? Or is it calories, or carbs?

Missanne, it is cheese for those not eating meat. You can replace the meat portion of your L&G with reduced fat cheese as a sub for the meat. It is in the quick start guide.

Also, can we have the lowfat cheddar in place of meat if we keep it at 300 calories worth?

Sorry to keep asking so many questions. :oops:

TIA
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » May 17th, 2006, 4:32 am

You can have cheese but remember the calories for the entire L&G should be 300 so you would have to subtract the calories from the green portion of your meal. Also you need to be really careful about the amount of fat in the cheese some reduced fat cheese still has a lot of fat in it. I think Nancy has said she uses a brand of cheese called Cabot.

Yes Michelle the cheese would be on place of the meat but I know some who have a little meat and a little cheese like 3oz lean beef and 2oz low fat cheese.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Return to Come on in.