DeDe4wd

1 Thread per registered User.

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 6th, 2006, 6:03 am

Now here I was today shooting off my big mouth (again) on IM and threatening to race Amy (Tankie) to goal...I've got a head start, but she's losing faster than me. So...

"Sometimes you have to roll the hard six".
Commander Bill Adama

And challenge Amy to a race to goal! I'm like a greyhound, I need a bunny to chase! We both re-started recently, we have about the same left to lose and we're both incorporating exercise more into the program.

Up for a race, Tankie?

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Karli » December 6th, 2006, 6:05 am

I am also very glad you didn't wait, DeDe. Congratulations on your fabulous "come back." Living in sweats and yoga pants... LOL. That sounds like how I was living for a couple of years before I started MF. Not so fun (my #1 present to myself when I hit goal is to finally purchase a pair of blue jeans (I can't even remember the last time I have... it has been YEARS and years... maybe 10 ? I don't know)). You are doing it and continue to be a great inspiration !

Cheers,
Karli
Karli

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 6th, 2006, 6:39 am

Awww, thanks Karli! You'll be in those jeans in NO TIME!
DeDe
dede4wd

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 6th, 2006, 7:03 am

Okay,
My Medi-grub arrived today, just got it all put away in the Medi-pantry. WHEN IN THE HECK DID I order 4 boxes of soy crisps? Daing! Not to worry, they're being marched over to my Dad's house so at least I have to walk to get them...along with the bars! Yikes! I make a challenge to goal with Tankie and shoot myself in the foot like this? DUH!

DeDe

P.S. At least I got some more Beef stew! YAY!
Last edited by dede4wd on December 6th, 2006, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd

Postby Karli » December 6th, 2006, 7:11 am

Okay, sorry to barge in again, but I just have to say "I hear ya'" with the soy crisps... LOL. I have just decided to never buy them again to eliminate the temptation because only before I ever fell off the wagon did I stick to one bag a day (or one serving when I didn't get MF soycrisps) !

Anyway, cheers,

*awaiting my most recent MF order, scheduled to arrive today*

Karli
Karli

Postby LadyT » December 6th, 2006, 7:38 am

Great job with your loss DeDe!!! It sounds like you are very much back on track!

I have to say I LOVE my soy crisps...I have a package that I am going to eat later tonight on my way home from my second job! (my little treat to myself!) :D

Keep up the great work!
Tracey
Start Date: 4/20/06
Back on MF: 11/13/06
236.2/205/135
5"4" - age: 35

Going for a "Winter Onederland"

LadyT
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 6th, 2006, 7:53 am

That's just my problem...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the soy crisps! No one can eat just one...BAG! BOX! CASE!

I've recognized the problem and have been sticking to celery and SF Jello as my snacks, but I think I've nipped it in the budd as I'd rather grab a jello than walk to my Dad's and get the soy crips!

Because, not only am I racing Tankie, I ALSO am going to LA in 2 1/2 weeks for my company Christmas party, figured I'd make a couple of days out of it, so I decided to go see a couple of bands and NOW I'm going to run into the "one that got away". This guy I've been in love with since I was 23! AND I'm still fat! Daing. I'm going to do my best to be 10lbs lighter by then...try hard!

Okay,
After doing the 20 minute fluidity bar workout today...I have decided to name it to the "Fluidity torture rack hensefore preventing DeDe from EVER standing upright again bar."

OWWW!

DeDe
dede4wd

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 6th, 2006, 2:39 pm

Day 3 on the pilates machine is complete! It's turning into a habit! Look out! I'm getting rid of these cankles!

I did great food-wise today. I've decided not to eat a bar and soy crisps on the same day...too much for me carb-wise!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Lauren » December 7th, 2006, 1:36 am

You're rocking it out, Dede! First of all, you are not still fat, and with the recent 12 pounds lost plus the great number you will lose between now and LA trip, you're going to look fantastic - I promise! Besides, you probably have the MF "glow!" C'mon, you know what I'm talking about, that inner glow that shines through when you're eating healthy, exercising, and drinking sh*t-loads of water, and you look like you're keeping a secret from the world that you're thin inside, regardless of what they see? I know it sounds weird, but I literally felt like I was glowing some weird aura of superiority or something the whole time, like my insides were healthier then everyone else's! :-) I know, it's strange, but think about it!

My stomache would sometimes let me know about 20 minutes before my next "feeding," and I would have an inner chuckle that my body could be so in tuned with its needs. When has that ever happened? And that pain you're in from the pilates machine? C'mon, tell me it doesn't make you so freakin' proud, that if anyone were to see you wince, you'd be eager to tell them why. It's not pain from being fat, from bingeing, from carrying too much weight, it's pain from exercise, dammit! You get to have all these proud moments from the time you wake up to when you put your head back on the pillow.

I have said this a million times, I shall say it again. When else have you been able to go to sleep each night proud of yourself and your accomplishments for the day, every day? All you have to do is do it, and you get that feeling! What's cooler than that?

You rock, Dede, just own it.

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 7th, 2006, 3:06 am

Lauren, thank you! I SO needed that!

DeDe
dede4wd

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 7th, 2006, 4:47 pm

So today went well. I went to Ikea and bought a bunch of crap and then took 137 trips upstairs to put things away and put things together...

I have now officially completed day 4 on the Pilates Performer, not even that sore anymore!

Not sure if I'm in the 170's yet, I figured I'd wait at least until Friday to see...Aunt Flo is coming, so not sure how the ole' bod's going to react to that + the pilates...getting in plenty of water and am back to having to set my cell phone alarm to remind myself to eat every 3 hours.

I'm going to try the fluidity bar torture rack from Hades again tomorrow...and paint...!

DeDe
dede4wd

Re: Hi

Postby bikipatra » December 7th, 2006, 8:48 pm

dede4wd wrote:Day 3 on the pilates machine is complete! It's turning into a habit! Look out! I'm getting rid of these cankles!

DeDe

One of the lies I have told myself for years is that my trunk is fat but I have deliciously slim and elegant legs and ankles. Until I had to return a pair of boots and then order the special WIDE CALF boots they sell at Eddie Bauer but only online. Wouldn't want no big-legged women coming into the store! Then I bought a pair of lovely Cole Haan G Series Mary Janes with a velcro ankle strap. When I tried to walk in them the strap popped open! If I really really smush the velcro down they will stay on, but they feel awfully tight. When they fit properly it will definitely be a NSV!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 8th, 2006, 3:45 am

2 days, no loss...AT ALL! I'm thinking of incorporating an extra shake today to see if the 20 minutes of exercise I'm doing is pushing me into starvation/concentration mode or not and if an extra shake will start the losses again. Worth a try...that just means I have to remember to eat every 2 hours & 15 minutes today.

It's worth it, I think because I already FEEL like my body is changing...like I am getting a shape back...maybe it's in my head, but I feel that way! I FEEL my body changing.
DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Karli » December 8th, 2006, 3:50 am

Hi DeDe, you are very cute :). It may be the exercise since you have been sore (meaning slightly torn muscles and possibly the body's reaction will be to retain water).

But also, don't forget that you have just come from a wopping 12 pound loss in two weeks !! So, maybe your body is just catching up with it all. And remember that you said Aunt Flo will be coming soon (I usually never lose much weight the week(s) in advance) and that might be the thing right there.

Anyway, you are doing great, keep it up !!

Karli
Karli

Postby Tankie » December 8th, 2006, 5:06 am

A race hmmmm........
I think I feel a leg cramp coming on....lol....

So the fluidity bar sounds like loads of fun...heh heh.....I bet once your muscles get stretched out it will be one of your fave exercises.....

I think you are slowly motivating me (breaking me down with your acomplishments) to get back on the exercise train. "Who is that honey? Denise Austin calling me from the DVD player? Tell her I'll give her a call back tomorrow."

I have also stalled for the last 2 days....I think my body went into shock for a sec. (In the voice of Golem) "My fat my precious!!!!" I think my thighs are the ringleader.......

Anyway....once your "Ultra Workout Room" is finished I expect to see pics and demonstrations of how all your new-fangled equipment works....

Amy
It's been swell but the swelling's gone down...

Tankie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal