Hi, I'm DeDe

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi, I'm DeDe

Postby dede4wd » March 14th, 2006, 11:34 pm

Hi,
I'm DeDe
I am currently into week 3, but just found this site tonight.

Let's see, I'm 34, 5'10" tall and started at 234 (this time).

I did MF a year ago and lost 34# in 6 weeks. I had one cheat and realized I'd blown the day and I might as well go to Taco Bell, that day blew the week...you've heard the story. A year later I'm doing this a second (and final time!) I originally started at 260#

I am single. No kids. 3 dogs (joint custody, tee hee!)

I travel 260+ days a year. I am a video technician/engineer.

I just wanted to say hi and that these boards are unbelievable! I feel comfortable and supported already!
Last edited by dede4wd on March 15th, 2006, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

hi DeDe

Postby sheila » March 14th, 2006, 11:55 pm

Hello and welcome, DeDe. I am still pretty new to all of this too. But I started MF on Feb. 2nd, and have lost 25 lbs to date.I started at 206, and am almost back into the 180's.I moved here to Hawaii 2 years ago, cuz hubby is a Marine, I moved here weighing 135 lbs,then was in a car accident, then had ovarian surgery, then had my gall bladder removed, and lastly, this past January had a total hysterectomy. I am only 33 years old, but now am feeling great.After having all those issues that helped me gain weight, I am so excited now that I am feeling better and it is coming off, FINALLY! I love this program, and have just learned today that one of the local hospitals near me offers a mf support group that meets 1 time a month, I am so excited about that!I love these message boards too, you can be having the worst day, especially if the scale hadnt budged for a few days, and this board will always pick your spirits up. There are some really nice people on here, and we are all going through the same thing. Some of us have more to lose than others, and some of us dont have quite as much to lose. But regardless, we are all in this together. Welcome aboard!
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 15th, 2006, 12:07 am

Nice to meet you, Shiela! Your pups are adorable!!!! One of my email MF buddies is also from Hawaii. What island are you on? Maybe I'll tell her about the group!
dede4wd

Postby sheila » March 15th, 2006, 1:05 am

Hey DeDe, I am on Oahu. Its pretty, but like I tell everyone, its a nice place to visit, but after a while, you kinda feel like you are trapped on a rock. lol. I miss being back in the mainland, taking roadtrips, and all that good stuff. Thanks for the compliment about my puppies, they are my babies now since the youngest of my 3 kids is now 13, theyre growing up.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Marseilles » March 15th, 2006, 9:35 am

Welcome back, DeDe! Good to see your return. Cheers to your continued success!

By the way, I have extreme height envy!! 5'10"!! That is the height I have always wished wished wished I were.

Looking forward to getting to know you!!!
-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby lauradr » March 15th, 2006, 2:31 pm

Dede, Welcom Back, i to travel about 260 days year I think MF is great when your on the road it saves you money . I am on the 5&1 but when I am tierd I do a extra MF. Good Luck
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Thanks

Postby dede4wd » March 15th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Thanks to everyone for saying hi!

Shiela, you're funny! I travel a ton of days per year and all I want to do is be at my HOUSE!

Marseilles, I LOVE being tall! I can't imagine how tubby I'd be without the height! I have a really short friend who always tells me she's not overweight, she's just undertall! :lol: Now that I'm overweight too, I can't say I'm undertall, so I better just lose some darned weight, tee hee!

lauradr, great to see another Road warrior suceeding! I'm getting pretty used to mixing things in my hotel room and having fits and crying until they give me a room with a micro and a fridge! A couple of times I've had to do a sixth MF supplement instead of the L & G, but it's just because of no car (or my co-workers are going someplace I DEFINTIELY can't go!) I'm Definitely saving money, and with the per diem I earn, it's kind of like my company's paying for me to lose weight! Yay!
Last edited by dede4wd on March 15th, 2006, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd

Postby Nicki » March 15th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Hi DeDe - Welcome back to the plan ... you've found a great source of support here on the forum!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby LovenElvis » March 15th, 2006, 7:10 pm

DeDe, you have found the best support site EVER! These people are the best support forum and group of people that I have ever seen!

Can't wait to hear how you are doing and results.

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Welcome

Postby Jan » March 15th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Hi DeDe,
I'm just adding my welcome to the group. :D Keep posting and the forum members will do their very very best to help you along the way. The pesky pounds will be parting. Just be very compliant with the program and drink alllll your water. :D Keep posting -- it's an encouragement to everyone plus gives you great accountability.
I'll be looking for you. :roll:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » March 15th, 2006, 8:43 pm

DE DE,

How I admire you gals and guys that travel so much and can stay on MF. Your job takes you to some fascinating places and you meet lots of interesting people!

Give me some 9-inch heels and I would be your height and would already be about the right weight. Tall people look so elegant, as I'm sure you do. :shades:

Well, we are what we are---some have IT and some don't! :oops:

And you know what MF is and what to do, so we can learn a lot from you. And we will be looking up to you for some great support.

We're so glad you are 'on board' DeDe. It's the best!

Lizabette

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Well

Postby dede4wd » March 15th, 2006, 9:28 pm

Thanks Lizabette! Yup, the only unfortunate thing is that I can't say, "I'm not fat, I'm just too short for my weight!!" Also, people don't BELIEVE what I weigh and they argue with me until I get on a scale. They tell me I carry it well. No, I carry an extra 79 (now 64) pounds!!!

Yes, I travel to a lot of places, but I don't really get to see anything.

Mostly my job got me into this trouble, working 16-18 hours and then getting dinner at a convenience store because it was the only thing open, eating out with "the boys," trying to not be drank under the table by "the boys" and the loneliness eating from being away from friends and family.

I almost thing I'm doing better on MF while traveling. I mean if I decided that I needed a peanut butter cup right now, I'd have to put clothes on, bother a co-worker, get the car keys, figure out what town I'm in and where the convenience store is, 2 at least 3 u-turns, get to the store, realize I forgot my wallet (and my shoes), go back to the hotel, find the convenience store again (after I got the front desk to make me a key because it's next to my darned shoes) and get the PB cups. Hopefully by then, the craving would be gone!

What I'm saying is the regimen is good on the road! I have my little micro fridge, I have my little igloo cooler, I have my shakes and (soon) bars. I have the soups when I'm back from the day and I have a l & G (usually pretty boring, since I don't have anything but a fridge and a micro). I think being out here is keeping me out of trouble (although I have been known to have an extra pickle!

Thanks for the kind welcomes and the gracious advice from EVERYONE!
dede4wd

Postby Joelie » March 16th, 2006, 5:37 am

Image DeDe!
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Lizabette » March 16th, 2006, 10:44 am

Hey, DE DE,

We'll have to say, You tell it like you see it, with no punches pulled!

You will look and feel so great when you take those pounds off that you talk about. When you get to be with your family and friends again, that loneliness will melt away, just like the old fat!

Glad that you have it worked out to stay on program when away from your more convenient home. I see you like the peanut butter cups. Me, too. But those wonderful bars will make you think you have died and gone to heaven! But I like the pickles, too.

We will look forward to your posts about your 'adventures' of staying on program away from home. Meantime, so glad you are here!

Lizabette

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Hi

Postby Pashta » March 16th, 2006, 11:22 am

Hello DeDe! Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your weight loss already! :hi5:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.