Day Two Down

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Day Two Down

Postby goodgirl » January 29th, 2004, 5:33 am

Day two and 4# down. I had to weight myself!!!. This morning was the first in a long time that I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I woke-up not thinking about what I was going to have at the cafeteria for breakfast, (I work at a hospital) but that I can finally do this. I feels GREAT to have control over my life. Thanks for listening to me-------

On another note, what does everybody do? or what hobbies does everybody have? -----Me, I'm 33, have been married for 12 years and have a 10 year old son. I work as a coordinator for prenatal care in the health care field. I'm from upstate New York and my hobby is demolition derby driving. I have been battling my weight my whole life!!!!! So to all, thanks again for the encouragement and blessings to all.

Dawnie-girl
goodgirl

Postby star85 » January 29th, 2004, 6:09 am

Congradulations! Keep up the great work. It sounds like you're on the right track. We are all rooting for you!

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 29th, 2004, 6:23 am

Sounds like you are on the right track Dawn!

I am 38, married for almost 16 years, and work as an Administrative Assistant for a charitable foundation. I also work part time in a professional theatre. The great benefit of that job is seeing lots of free live shows, anything from Broadway to concerts to the ballet!

My hobby is acting/directing/producing in community theatre. I will be directing a musical beginning in March, which means lots of long days! I truly enjoy theatre though--it is a great creative outlet for me. My goal is to one day audition for a part that my size would have prevented me from getting. I have always done character roles, and I am ready to be an ingenue!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Kimbob » January 29th, 2004, 7:17 am

Congratulations on your success!

What a great idea this is. So far we talk about our weight and have shared our pictures, but other than our common fight with the scale we don't know much about each other.

I am 39, I have a daughter and I live with a wonderful man. I work as a manager in a high tech company in so cal. I enjoy sailing, spending time at the beach (I live walking distance which is wonderful), and am an avid film buff and I love to read. I used to sing in small ensembles, but I haven't done it for several years, although I would love to return to it one day. My job keeps me very busy, however, and I don't have as much time for hobbies as I would like. Lately my biggest hobby has been going to curves :).

Kimbob the Exhausted
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Indigo » January 29th, 2004, 9:00 am

I"m 47, a single mom with an 18 year old son, who has a hard time eating enough! (my son, not me ;) I'm the director of a nonprofit organization for people with disabilities, and also run a nonprofit arts program that provides accessiblity to the arts for people with disabilities. One of the programs is doing Neil Simon's 'Fools' in three weeks :) and no, I'm not the kind of person who likes getting up on stage- I manage the props, etc. A 'roadie' so to speak . . .

My hobby is medieval history and traveling- so far I've been to Moscow and the Republic of Georgia (yeah, the one that's in the news a lot lately :)
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 29th, 2004, 9:56 am

Day 12 for me, a little dissapointed in the scales :cry: , but I know that it will eventually catch up.

I am 36, have been married for almost 19 years and have one daughter (ME from the this forum) who is 17 and a Senior. I have homeschooled my daughter for the past 7 years, and so glad that she is almost finished and on her way to College. I don't think I have any hobbies, I help my Mom with her home business (for the curious www.the-eggsquisite-egg.com) and homeshcooling is a full time job so no much time for anything else. Oh, I know, I travel alot. I have a large family I live in TN and they live GA, AL & KY which puts me smack in the middle. Just this week, GA this weekend, AL on Monday, KY on Tuesday and going back to AL tomorrow. Good things is it keeps me busy and not thinking about food so much.

I used to oil paint (portraits mostly) and was given supplies for Christmas to start that up again. It is still sitting in the box, haven't painted since my daughter was 3 years old. I plan to, but it is such an involved process that I will have to find time.

Sorry so wordy, :-P
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Maggie » January 29th, 2004, 2:39 pm

Stephanie.......Don't wait until you have the time to paint. It won't happen. Schedule an appointment with yourself, a block of time each day or at least once a week, and "just do it!" Do the things you want to do. Life is too short to do otherwise. Maggie

I forgot to tell everyone a little about myself. I am 56 years old. Have been married for 35 years to a wonderful man. We have 2 sons. His son who is 46 and our son who is 31. We have 3 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren. In addition to all those babies I am a nanny to a 5 year old girl. I've been her nanny since she was born but I'll be losing her next year when she starts kindergarten. My hobbies include all kinds of sewing and needlework and quilting. I am presently working on polymer clay scultures. I love to read and spend time doing research on my computer. My husband is retired and as soon as we get the little girl in kindergarten we plan to do a lot of traveling. That's one of the reasons that I am now losing this weight; so that I can enjoy the trips.
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room