day three

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

day three

Postby babyphat » April 4th, 2004, 1:47 pm

javascript:emoticon(':x')
javascript:emoticon(':x'):x Why am i so hungry? This is my 3rd day and i have at least 100 pounds to lose.
babyphat

Postby Jeanette » April 4th, 2004, 2:06 pm

Hey Babyphat:

It took me a good 10 days or so to get over the hungries. In the meanwhile, sip on boullion, eat sugar free jello...do whatever it takes...but don't go off program!!

Hang in there!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Guest » April 4th, 2004, 3:05 pm

I didn't know you could snack on anything other than celery and sugar free candy if you have opted to do total shakes like myself. How much water should i drink? And how long have you been on the program? :?:

Postby Landylue » April 4th, 2004, 5:19 pm

Please know that every one of us went through what you are feeling right now. Hunger (both physical and emotional), anger, frustration, deprivation--the list could go on and on. It took me a full three weeks before the feeling of N E E D I N G to E A T subsided. It's different for everyone. Some never experience those feelings, and with some it goes away in just a few days. But if you hang in there and ride this wave out, I promise, you will be immensely glad you did. That desperation does go away. Spending some time on the forum several times a day going through the posts, seemed to help a lot of us. You'll see yourself in them a hundred times over. Excellent motivation and encouragement is everywhere on this forum.

As for how much water you should drink, a full 8-12 glasses a day, or more.

I don't do the celery or the sugar-free candy, just the shakes, but, again, everyone is different. You'll find what works for you the best as you go along.

Just hang in there, and don't give up!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » April 4th, 2004, 8:17 pm

Thanks for your responses i needed to hear that. I have been doing some spring cleaning to keep myself busy today. That helped alot. I was wondering do you guys have before pictures because my last picture was taking in november 2002. And that was a accident. I can't do that but it will be a great motivator for sure. :|

Postby pinkgeek » April 5th, 2004, 7:00 am

Babyphat:

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad to see your posts. I found that it was a must to hang out here in some of my most desperate moments. You will see that a lot of what you are going through or feeling most of us have gone through and continue to struggle with. I am starting week 3 of the program. So far, I'm having a lot of good results. I am doing shakes, soups, bars, so the full fast, but I'm not a purist (these are the ppl that do all shakes I guess). At first, I had both cups of bouillon and both pickles. These days, I have 1c of bouillon if I absolutely have to have it and usualy eat no more than 1 pickle and most days I don't even do that. I'm finding that my REAL hunger is waning. I haven't done the celery or jello or salsa. I might have 1 piece of gum a day, also, but I tend to watch that, too. I'm very cautious about what I put in my mouth as that might start a chain reaction :) Days 1-3 were not as hard for me as days 4-9 were. Day 10 was a breakthrough for me. I picked up a little energy and actually didn't feel hungry and desperate all the time. It's definitely getting better. If you look at my stats, I am not one of those people that lost a huge amount the first 2 weeks. I am seeing results in the way my clothes fit, though. I'm starting week 3 today and hope to start exercising and see more results on the scale. Just like Landylue and Jeanette said, everyone is different. Use the free foods to aid you in not going off the program. I know everyone says it will get better, but it really does. I thought I was special and no one could possibly understand the poopoo I was going through. Now, I look at it as dues that I had to pay..an initiation or Boot Camp to become a full fledged MF Marine! So keep shakin! Sir, yes, Sir! And keep postin!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Landylue » April 5th, 2004, 8:32 am

For before and after pictures of some of the members, check out the STUDIO section. Great motivation!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Starloser63 » April 5th, 2004, 12:22 pm

Great advice the "studio" section is great motivation. Hang in there you can do it, just keep shaking.

Hugs,
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Guest » April 5th, 2004, 6:22 pm

Hello everybody
I had a hard day at work today. But it started off great this is day 4 for me and i have lost a total of 5 1/2 lbs. That was this morning. I could actually button up my uniform. I haven't been able to do that well never. I am so motivated. I am having a hunger headache right now. So far so good though.
Keep up the good work everybody. :)

Postby Guest » April 5th, 2004, 6:23 pm

Hello everybody
I had a hard day at work today. But it started off great this is day 4 for me and i have lost a total of 5 1/2 lbs. That was this morning. I could actually button up my uniform. I haven't been able to do that well never. I am so motivated. I am having a hunger headache right now. So far so good though.
Keep up the good work everybody. :)

Postby Guest » April 5th, 2004, 10:10 pm

one of things that I did to kill hunger was to keep bottled water next to me at all times and drink, drink, drink. Believe me, it does take away any hunger or urges. It has helped me alot and I make sure I drink at least 2 quarts a day. Also I am not on a full liquid diet. I drink 3 shakes and eat 2 light meals, that also helped me in my journey and at night before I go to sleep, I drink 1 protein supplement powder with milk.

Don't get obsessed 24/7 with the weight loss, to some it is quick and to others it is slow, what matter is that you lose even if it is 1 or 2 pounds and if you do not lose anything for one week, stay positive and there is next week.

I have 145 more pounds to lose and since it is such a huge amount, taking it easy so my body and mind does not go into stress is very important. Remember if you lose weight too fast you skin will sag so gradual weight loss is the road for me. Take care.

Postby shineface » April 6th, 2004, 3:35 pm

Welcome!!!!

I also have a lot of weigh to lose - but this program is working as long as I stay focused and don't let my guard down. I know that I am always one bite away from a full-out binge!!!!

You are in the right place---- stick to this and you won't ever need to go anywhere else to lose weight. I do the modified and there are days I still struggle to get through. BUT I DO! Keep the goal in sight. A thinner, healthier you.

I too, like most of us abuse the heck outta food - give me a reason or a feeling and I'll eat over it --- not doing that anymore involves re-programming of our habits and mind sets and this is where we can talk about that...

Keep coming here, reading and posting and shaking and slurping and drinking tons of water!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » April 6th, 2004, 6:35 pm

Hello everybody
This is day 5 and i am still hungry. I started to buy some air popped popcorn but seeing all the girls cute outfits just kept me motivated but that does not make my hunger go away. I just can't believe i am this obessed with food. But honestly there is just no other way to go about this other than surgery. And that doesn't change your way of thinking about food. I have tried everything else it just doesn't help. So just know i will be here everyday after work and my off days.
see ya

Postby pinkgeek » April 7th, 2004, 7:14 am

Babyphat:

We are all obssessed with food...that's what got us into this mess and that's why we are here. You would think food is our best friends. What kinda best friend would tell you to do this or that and that it is good for you and then make you feel bloated, empty, alone, lethargic and depressed. That's no kind of friend and you don't need it! Stick to it! You are purging your body of all the poo poo that eating bad food got you. Your body is fighting you, but soon you will prevail and you will be wearing all those cute clothes, too!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.