Day 3

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Day 3

Postby kmr » September 15th, 2006, 4:52 am

I re-started on 9/13/06 at my original starting weight. As all of you know I always end up cheating by day 2 and then have to start all over again. Well today is the start of day 3! I hope I start ketosis soon. It hasn't been that bad these last 3 days and I did make it through my evening craving phase. I made a bunch of the M.F. oatmeal cookies and that helped me alot through my evening snack time. I have dropped 7 lbs. as of this morning! I'm elated. I do have an extremely fast metabolism though, I did take a metabolism test by my doctor. You can imagine how much food I ate to gain 80 lbs. over the last several years with a fast metabolism!. I have to get the kids off to school, but I just wanted to report that I finally made it to crucial day 3 after so many tries and not giving up!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » September 15th, 2006, 5:14 am

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be where you've always been"

I don't know who said it, but it hit me early on and made so much sense.

It looks like you've gotten over a big hurdle.......yea you! It gets sooooo much easier.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ebony868 » September 15th, 2006, 5:28 am

As a 5th day medifaster, I can tell you that day 4 was certainly easier. Hang in there.
251/245/180 Start Date 09/11/06 (a day of new beginnings)

ebony868

Postby Elke » September 15th, 2006, 6:05 am

Each day will get easier, just hang in there
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 15th, 2006, 6:18 am

Congratulations on getting over this challenging hurdle! WTG! Sounds like maybe the Oatmeal cookies have helped you. We all need to figure out what things help and hinder us with the plan. :bravo:
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kmr » September 15th, 2006, 6:21 am

Thanks guys,
I can't wait to get to the point where it starts getting easier! I really want the ketosis to do it's "magic". I always cheated at least a little,
would still lose some weight, but with not allowing the ketosis to kick in, I would end up cheating. I think this time I'm so sick and tired of starting over so many times, that I just want to get the hardest part over with once and for all. Plus I'm tired of spending so much money and then wasting my M.F. supply to keep starting over and over again. My mind set has changed too. Before I would tell myself, "Your going to lose the weight so you can look sexy again for your husband." But that didn't work. The stubborn bull (Taurus) that I am finally said, " You really want to lose weight for yourself and nobody else because it's you that really wants to look good again...for YOU! You really don't care what you look like to your husband...Let's be honest!" ( This is my inner dialog speaking) It's kind of hard to type it out! Thanks again for your support and I hope to be one day where so many of you guys are or almost are ...at GOAL! I know...one day at a time.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby tlo » September 15th, 2006, 7:13 am

Way to go!!!!! :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader:

I totally 100% feel your pain. I was all set to start Medifast the first go round and I cheated on my first day!!! I felt like such a failure, and every day after that I cheated if it wasn't just a little bit, and I now realize I was just setting my own self up for failure, not to mention that I wasted my money!!
So I restared Monday 9/11 and today is my day 5 and I feel so much better than last time, and I am down 6 pounds!!! So I too share your joy. We can do this!!!! You are strong enough, and worth it, so do it for you!!!!!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby Allie » September 15th, 2006, 7:34 am

It really does get easier. I'm not saying that you wont have cravings, but you will be able to control them insted of them controlling you. You will look so great when you are finished, and more importantly, you will FEEL better. Keep up the good work.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 15th, 2006, 9:22 am

Elizabeth wrote:Congratulations on getting over this challenging hurdle! WTG! Sounds like maybe the Oatmeal cookies have helped you. We all need to figure out what things help and hinder us with the plan. :bravo:

Ditto! Figuring out what works for you and what hinders you is crucial for some of us. I know for me it is.

Even learning how to make things palatable is a must. I was hating both oatmeal and hot cocoa because I was doing it wrong. Now that I adjusted the "method of preparation", I love both of them. :D

So kudos to you all for making it through the 1st days and then, ultimately, the first week!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby tlo » September 15th, 2006, 5:16 pm

KMR,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words on my journal!!!! I swear that helped me get through that dreded potluck!!! Thank you so much for your encouraging words, I really needed that. You will be successfull as well. I will keep tabs on ya to make sure you stay in line, and vice versa ;)
I will give you the push you need cause I am sure that I will need one from time to time.

Just stay strong and we will get through this together :buddies: :hug: :cheers: :stroll: :hi5: :hug:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby kmr » September 16th, 2006, 5:17 am

tio,
Your welcome.... We WILL do this. Stay strong! Good for you for making it through the potluck. Each time you make it through something like that, it makes you stronger to handle the next situation that comes along and there will ALWAYS be other "food situations" that come along. "What doesn't destroy us only makes us stronger!"
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » September 16th, 2006, 4:28 pm

KMR ~ Keep up the good work!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » September 16th, 2006, 5:38 pm

Yay!

I'm so happy you're sticking with it! I hope to follow you right into ketosis...you're doing so great!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » September 17th, 2006, 12:37 pm

I am so proud of you for making it past day two and ketosis is right around the corner! You are doing great!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby kmr » September 17th, 2006, 2:13 pm

Thanks everyone for your support!
kmr
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.