Day 1

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Day 1

Postby kmr » September 1st, 2006, 7:51 am

Thanks guys for all the support! I started today. I actually had to change my ticker because when I weighed myself this morning I was up another pound! I know it was because I had my "bon voyage binge" to junk food for a while last night. I haven't read the "boundries" post yet so I will look it up. I dread cooking dinner for my "men" tonight. I will stay strong though. I will think of you guys cheering me on and of all of the success you guys have already had, to keep me on plan while I cook. I'm not sure yet whether or not I'm going to weigh in every week or every month. I don't want water weight fluctuations and TOM to get me discouraged if I weigh to often. I figure the school year is 9 months long so I'm hoping that by the time my sons finish this year of school, hopefully I will have achieved my goal just in time for summer. We'll see!Thanks again everyone.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Amber » September 1st, 2006, 9:34 am

Stay stong & :goodluck:
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JKSRN » September 1st, 2006, 11:53 am

Best of luck on your weight loss journey--one day at a time, then, one week at a time, you can do it--focus on tomorrow, not next summer, each day will bring you closer to your goal, new energy, new clothes and a great new look! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby cyn » September 1st, 2006, 12:26 pm

:cleader: :goodluck: You can be a big loser!!
start 8/26/06

cyn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 1st, 2006, 12:34 pm

You are on your way!!! Good for you!!!
I want to encourage you about cooking for your men. You will be okay. I cook for husband, even though he said I did not have to. Days 1 and 2 were hard. But I am not kidding you, day 3 and 4 were better. Day 4 I could care less. I made spanish rice and beans and a nice stew and veggies and did not eat any and did not feel tortured. Today I am making a roast and a small side of baked mac and soy cheese. And I have little interest in it. :lol: It gets better.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby PJinCali » September 1st, 2006, 1:38 pm

Congratulations! You have a great attitude about the program and attaining your goals. You are going to do great. Like Joan says, one day at a time is really the way to go. Keep you eye on the prize and use this forum to get the support you need to stay focused.

Good Luck :lol:

:goteam: :goteam: :goteam: :goteam:
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 1st, 2006, 3:04 pm

Kmr, I also cook for my Men. I have 2 sons and a husband. My husband is very understanding and wants me to succeed. He will do anything I ask but I dont' expect him to cook everyday. I usually get a salad ready in the morning I usually have the meat planned. I'm using the crockpot alot lately. I will make spagetti sauce, meatballs, roasts from beef rounds or boneless pork loin. If its BBQ I have it ready for my husband to grill. I buy the packet gravies lately...they are good and easy. I also make a pot of brown rice and mashed potatoes. I make alot and they last a whole week. I have to make these when I'm strong and satisfied. ;)
The only thing I ask my husband is to serve it to himself and the boys. I feel bad I'm not eating with the family but I'm on the fast and it is best for me. I usually leave the house, go outside or up to my bedroom. My husband cleans off plates and puts leftovers away....sometimes even does the dishes ;) He's a sweetheart and such a big help. Best wishes to you getting through this.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kmr » September 1st, 2006, 5:02 pm

Thanks everyone so much for your supprt and dinner ideas. I'll definitely use them! I went real simple tonight since it's my first night. I grilled steak burgers and threw some seasoned curly fries in the oven and served it with some dill pickes then left the room! I got through it though. When they were done I cleaned up then sat and ate my LITTLE bowl of M.F. chili. One of my sons said, "that smells good mom". I said " thanks", but I really felt like saying, " I'll trade you my chili that "smells good" for your steak burger!! But I didn't. I will keep my "eye on the prize" and remember not to sacrifice what I want MOST for what I want right now. Now I just have to get through Sunday's Labor Day bar-B-Q we're throwing. I was actually hoping it would be rained out, so I wouldn't have the temptation, but it's supposed to be nice now. Oh well, Ill get through it.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby lauradr » September 1st, 2006, 6:18 pm

You can do it the first few days are the worst
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Arklahoma » September 1st, 2006, 7:26 pm

Great job on your 1st day back.
KUTGW!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby beeah_b » September 1st, 2006, 10:27 pm

i do the cooking, serving & clean up in our house. I was not aware of what a "nibbler" I was until I kept catching myself wanting eat a bite of this, a bite of that. I was shocked how my brain/hand/mouth had this automatic connection that was really on autopilot. I laugh now thinking of all those extra calories consumed before & after every meal. AFter the first week I got lots better. :lol:
Going to restart Jun 2009, been gone since after surgery Oct06. Can't wait !
beeah_b
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby shlady » September 5th, 2006, 2:13 pm

I'm on my 6th day... and let me tell you, I feel like I'm dying! lol. But seeing the fast results is making me want to continue. :) You can do it! :lol:
shlady
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby lauradr » September 5th, 2006, 2:30 pm

It only gets better
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 5th, 2006, 5:25 pm

How are you doing, KMR??
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby kmr » September 7th, 2006, 8:08 am

I'm doing good! At my Labor Day bar-B-Q I did very good "food wise" but I did end up cheating by having a few Corona Lites with lime with my girlfriends. I was having way to much fun with all of my friends and family and we all ended the night sitting around the fire pit relaxing and making s'mores. I figured it was the last summer party we were going to have so I wanted to have fun! I ordered and received some other products so that I have more variety and won't get bored. I was only doing shakes. I will also switch between the full and 5&1 plans depending on how I feel from day to day. I have alot of weight to lose so I will be on the plan for a while and don't want to get bored quickly and then give up. I upped my goal weight by 5 pounds and then I'll see how I look and feel once I have reached that point. Thanks for thinking of me and I will keep everyone posted.
kmr
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.