I'm on day 9

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm on day 9

Postby Leigh » April 6th, 2004, 10:58 am

Hi Everybody :-P

I'm on day number 9, and have lost 10 pounds. I am having shakes only, and it's been tough, but I really feel like I can make it! I'm a "sneak into the kitchen and eat all of my daughter's school lunch snack cakes," kind of eater. I've gained about 60 pounds over the past couple of years from snacking and bad eating habits.

There were a few times over the weekend where I felt like I was going to go postal, but I still didn't cheat. I never realized how dependent I have been on food to cheer me up or to make me feel better.

Reading the different posts here has helped me out a lot!

Leigh
Leigh
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby pinkgeek » April 6th, 2004, 11:42 am

Hi Leigh!

You are doing terrific! Those first few days up to the first three weeks can be killer. I totally relate to your comment about how dependent you are on food. Isn't it crazy that us humans manage to abuse just about anything? I know it is tough, but hang in there. Welcome to our little group by the way. Come here often to read, post, whine, share, etc. The forum is definitely a lifesaver!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby shineface » April 6th, 2004, 3:31 pm

Hi Leigh -- Welcome!

You are in the right place---- stick to this and you won't ever need to go anywhere else to lose weight. I give you credit for doing the "purist" approach (shakes only) -- I do the modified and there are days I still struggle to get through. BUT I DO! Keep the goal in sight. A thinner, healthier you.

I too, like most of us abuse the heck outta food - give me a reason or a feeling and I'll eat over it --- not doing that anymore involves re-programming of our habits and mind sets and this is where we can talk about that...

Keep coming here, reading and posting and shaking and slurping and drinking tons of water!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » April 6th, 2004, 4:46 pm

Hello, Leigh! Welcome and hang in there! It took me every bit of three weeks before I got over that desperate feeling of wanting to stuff something in my mouth. I promise it gets better.

Don't stop now!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » April 6th, 2004, 9:46 pm

Hi Leigh...welcome to the forum...
The first few weeks were a bit rough on me...but now its smooth sailing, not to say I havent had a few slip ups here and there..but the key is to get right back on track...in the past I would "fall off the wagon" after a mini binge..and feel so bad about it..that I would eat for days..that turned into weeks..that turned into months...
but now...I get right back on track, I believe that we have to reprogram ourselves to a new way of thinking...that along with Medifast will see us all to our goals!!

post often...come here when your frustrated or have questions or concerns...everyone here is wonderful...could not have done this without this forum!! I have been on Medifast for about 9 weeks now...and have lost 25 pounds...some loose quicker..some slower, but the whole point is that 9 weeks ago...I was isolated, could not get into any of my clothes, I was at the end of my rope...
Now I feel as if Im coming back to life...my clothes are starting to fit again, my life is slowly improving..I am not isolating myself..I AM STARTING TO LIVE AGAIN! and its awesome!! THIS IS SOOOO WORTH IT...just think...soon, you will be wearing clothes you havent been able to wear in years or months..in just WEEKS!!!
MEDIFAST IS THE BOMB!!
;)
happy shakin
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.