Day 1

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Day 1

Postby SDavis » March 5th, 2004, 4:55 pm

So here I am nearing the end of Day 1. It has not been to bad. I have been very tired, though which I know should improve in the first week. I did have about 30 minutes of wavering this afternoon but got my mind back on track!
This may seem like a stupid questions, but I just wan't to clarify to make sure I am the right track- when you say 5 a day- do you mean 5 shakes or 5 total Medifast supplements.
This is what I had today
Vanilla Shake (not to bad)
Cream of Brocolli w/crackers (almost got it all down)
Strawberry Shake( choked it down)
Peanut Butter Bar (pretty good)
and I will have a Choc Shake tonight

Does that sound right to everyone? 3 hours in between.

My next question is for going out if you are on the all Medifast plan- do any of you have a Lean/Green meal occasionlay in place of a supplement like if you are at a restaurant or something?

I'm sticking with this- what other choice do I have- Can't wait to be thinner!
Sarah
SDavis

Postby Landylue » March 5th, 2004, 5:23 pm

Hello, SDavis, congratulations on making it through your first day! :D

This is my second time on Medifast. Each time I have chosen to go all the way--no solid food. It is sooooo much easier that way, at least for me. With that firm boundary, there are no decisions, no smells, and no temptations. Bottom line, though, I'd do exactly what your doctor suggests for you to do. He knows your specifics better than any of us.

The first time through Medifast I lost over 100 lbs and kept it ALL off for five years. It was only when a doctor put me on antidepressants that I started to rapidly gain weight, and I DO mean rapidly! :x I sometimes think that that may be a huge reason (no pun intended) that our society is so overweight. Most of the people I know are on one mood-altering drug or another. When are we ever going to learn that it is OK to be angry? It is OK to be sad. God made us to feel what He does. I spent 5 awful years adamantly avoiding 'feelings.'

Anyway, it's taken me 5 years to kick the pills, and I feel like I've been set free! Only, now, I've got to shed this weight again. Been there, done that, and it's a piece of cake (ouch) with Medifast.

Whoa! Don't know why I went off on that tangent. I only meant to say that I'm one of the "all Medifast" people, and, no, I have chosen not to eat, no matter what the occasion.

Good luck, and keep checkin' in!

We're with you! :stroll:

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby shineface » March 5th, 2004, 5:49 pm

Hi Sarah --

Glad to see you're doing well --- your schedule looks like most of the suggestions and although mine varies it runs pretty close -- the first few days I was getting all wigged out about being on time or not being on time for every single shake or suppl. --- Now, I get them all in as close to the right time as I can.

I am doing the modified and I have limited my lean/green choices to 2 different choices at home and 2 if I go out.

At home: Roasted turkey breast -hot - wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves with honey mustard OR deli-baked turkey breast slices wrapped around a green salad mix with honey mustard.

If I eat out: broiled chicken or fish with plain veggies or salad OR
chinese - steamed chicken with broccoli or steamed chinese veggies.

I have to limit my choices too. If I add too many choices to the mix I get confused and lose focus... NOT ANY MORE!!! MF is the last program I will ever need!!!

This forum is the topper -- with all of these wonderful people and all of this great information - I won't fail!!!

WE WILL do this together!!!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room