Day 4

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Day 4

Postby Marsha » January 22nd, 2004, 8:37 am

Hi there! This is my first post, but day four of Medifast and day 4 of reading posts from all of you! It has been great reading about everyone's success - and very motivating.

Now it's my turn... I have struggled with my weight my whole adult life. Have been on many diets and have been successfull in losing weight before, but have always gained it back. Now I am at an all time high (weight, that is) and it was just too much for me to try to lose on my own.

I am so glad that I found Medifast! The first three days were pretty easy for me. The hardest part is remembering to have a shake or whatever every 3-4 hours! I really have not been hungry and after I have a shake I am really full! (Are there expandos in those shakes?) The taste is growing on me and I have enjoyed the variety of soups and bars.

The best part is.....I know that I am going to reach my goal weight!! I can hardly wait (weight) to wear shorts this summer! (something I have not done in over 2 years!)

The next best part is that I have already lost 7 pounds!!!! :D
[url]Image[/url]
Marsha
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Marci » January 22nd, 2004, 8:48 am

Welcome Marsha! I have a hard time remembering to drink my shakes too! I have to leave them on the desk or cupboard so I can count them and not have to wonder if I really did drink it when I was suppose to.

Congrats on day 4, it just gets easier! Keep us posted on your progress.
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci

WELCOME!

Postby explorthis » January 22nd, 2004, 8:50 am

Marsha.. WELCOME to you.

I am glad our posts have motivated you, as they even still motivate me, and I know they motivate the other folks already with us. We do have too much fun, sharing, posting, regaling etc.

Medifast is a wonderful program, I am living proof. I personally look forward to your stories plus and minus of anything you want to share with us. We all need support.

GREAT thing about this is you share everything, and feel good about it, because we are ALL IN THE SAME BOAT!!!!

Glad to have you here, and look forward to your support!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 22nd, 2004, 9:09 am

Hi Marsha,
Welcome a "board". We're happy you began the journey to a healthier you. Keep us posted on your progress and give us a holler if there's anything we can do for you.

Happy Shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Jeanette » January 22nd, 2004, 10:49 am

Welcome, and congrats on your loss thus far! It is really exciting to see those numbers go down, isn't it?? But the most exciting part is seeing less and less of yourself in the mirror!

I am down 43 lbs as of today, and although I have a ways to go, I am quite confident that I will reach my goal too! To be thin for the first time in my life will be pretty awesome!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Starloser63 » January 22nd, 2004, 11:08 am

Congrats Marsha and welcome. :cleader:

Congrats Jeanette that's great. :cleader:

I am in day 3 and waiting for day 4 and energy.

Does it come on day 4 for everyone?
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Day 4

Postby Marsha » January 22nd, 2004, 12:54 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Congratulations to you Jeanette! You have such a positive attitude! I hope that I can maintain that! What a difference it makes!

I need immediate gratification, so I was thrilled when I took the chance and weighed this morning.... I was afraid that I wouldn't see any change, but thrilled when I saw the results so far!! I have been drinking ALOT of water every day - it must be working! I do have a headache again ( I had one the first day and haven't since) so I'll follow the recommendations of many of you and go to the store for some boullion.

Have a great day..... and keep drinking your water! :guzzle:
[url]Image[/url]
Marsha

Postby susan » January 22nd, 2004, 1:17 pm

Marsha-Welcome,
so glad you joined us on this journey we are all tring to get to the end of our journey at goal weight .I have said good-by to 40 p0unds and still on my journey you can get there too. congrats to you Jeanette also this is so good to see the # go by-by isn;t it ? keep posting I look forward to seeing how everone is doing.
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » January 23rd, 2004, 7:29 am

Hi Marsha
That is so good you fell right into the medifast and found the shakes filling. I on the other hand have started, stopped and gggggrrrrrrrr started again :x I have restarted and I won't weigh in for awhile, but I know I finally got it.
I space my shakes and inbetween I drink boullion and cups and cups of water.
I don't think it's as much that I'm hungry on medifast, I believe that I'm not eating, and eating is my way of coping. In fact I had forgotten what hunger really felt like till I started medifast.
~One shake at a time~
kEEP SHAKIN~ LUVZ
197.5/195/130
Female; 5' 2''
muscular ex dancer 41yo
One single step begins a journey~
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby finalstraw » January 24th, 2004, 2:33 pm

I've been out of town and just now catching up on the post. So sorry I am late, but WELCOME! :lol:
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » January 25th, 2004, 5:09 pm

Hello and Howdy, Marsha ~

We're so :D glad that you are here! You're about to realize the benefit of being a part of our Forum.

We'll stand by you as you travel along with Medifast, learning how to follow the program and to answer your questions. I think you'll soon discover that these wonderful people are here for you when you :shock: struggle and when you reign :cleader: victoriously.

Best wishes on your weight loss journey!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.