Day 2

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Day 2

Postby Marci » January 15th, 2004, 7:17 pm

It's day 2 and I have another 1 1/2 hours until I can have my 5th shake and I have the worlds worst headache. So far I have had 4 shakes, 2 pickles and 2 stalks of celery. I'm dying! I think tonight is gonna be a long one.

Yesterday went good with 6 shakes, 2 pickles and a piece of celery. And of course 64+ ounces of water.

Okay, I feel better. Guess I'll go chug more water and maybe take a nap.

ttyl
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 16th, 2004, 7:04 am

Marci:

Boullion, boullion, boullion! Boullion will help with that feeling. Your body needs some extra sodium right now.

Also, consider purchasing some Medifast Fast Soups. They are not a meal replacement, but can help when you need that little something extra to get you over the rough spots.

Hang in there!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 16th, 2004, 9:24 am

Hi Marci,
Headaches are a common symptom the first few days on the plan. Your body is releasing all the junk you've built up in your system over the years. You can take your favorite headache medicine. It should subside once your bod adjusts and you'll feel better than you have in years. Hang in there. It only gets better.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Marci » January 16th, 2004, 7:48 pm

Thanks Jeanette and Unca

Things are going better today. No headache today and I've managed to take in the smell of everyones lunch today and walk away. One of the girls from work who knows what I'm doing said to me . . . "what would you eat for lunch today if you were eating??" :x I gave her the evil eye and told her that she should probably walk away from me right this very minute or she might die! :twisted:

I've had two close calls after drinking my shakes today. The got the liquid sh*ts and wasn't expecting it so had to come home and change cloths :oops: , thank god I was in my car! Then after this last one it almost got me on my way out the door. They haven't bothered me until today. Should I worry and get some fiber stuff? Sorry, that was kind of gross that I told you all that but . . .

What kind of boullion are you drinking? Everything that I have seen has 900 - 1000 mg of sodium. Isn't that way too much? Also, about those pickles :scratchhead: do they need to be the small ones or can I have a honkin' one?

Thanks so much for being there everyone. You are all good support with your posts. I read them all but don't do a good job of replying. :cry: I'll do better, I promise!! :thumbsup:
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci

Postby Guest » January 16th, 2004, 8:24 pm

Hang in there!

I've only been on the program for 5 1/2 weeks, but what a difference! The first four days were SO HARD! After that, it got much easier. The only problem I've had since then is the occasional MURDEROUS sugar cravings. The best solution I've found to those is to mix the vanilla shake with a diet soda (such as root beer or diet orange soda) in the blender with some ice. That actually really helps the sugar cravings. Also, on one day when I was sure I was going to beat up my daughter to steal the candy she was eating, I CHEATED and had an extra medifast bar. I know it was bad bad bad, but actually it was smarter than breaking down and eating candy.

Jeanette is totally right - boullion helps with the dizziness and headaches. Salt really seems to help.

The best part will be the weigh-ins. You'll be so thrilled when you see the pounds disappearing that you'll feel doubly motivated to stick with it. It's only hard in the beginning, I promise!

Well, listen to me talking like an expert, LOL. Someday I hope I will be, but for now I'm a fellow newbie.

Kimbob the Neophite

Postby Indigo » January 17th, 2004, 10:30 am

Thanks for the warning on the sh*ts, Marci! It's only Day 2 for me, but there's a lot of rumbling going on in there . . . . I'll be sure not to take any chances :roll:

Laurie
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 17th, 2004, 2:07 pm

As someone starting tomorrow, just how bad is the diareah? :shock: Should I plan to stay home a few days? I am a homeschooling Mom, so I have a definate advantage on scheduling. I know that I am blessed to be able to do this diet from the comfort of my home most of the time and not having to jugle work and co-workers also.

Bless you -- ;)
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 17th, 2004, 6:39 pm

I never had the diarrhea at all, so it's different for everyone. I actually experienced the opposite, and I've seen that a few others did as well.

The only time I experienced any problems with "looseness" at all was when I tried the appetite supressant shake, and that only happened the first time I drank it. After that I was rumbly a few times, but nothing major.

Kimbob the Stopped Up :)
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Indigo » January 17th, 2004, 7:43 pm

The evening of Day 2 and I'm ready to suck the toothpaste off my toothbrush!!!

But I can do anything for 3 (maybe 4) days . . . all you guys are such a great inspiration!!! your stories are what's keeping me going . . .

:weightlift:

Laurie
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

re: diarrhea

Postby SneezyKitten » January 18th, 2004, 9:22 am

I agree that it is different for some than others. I have IBS and I have had no pain and no mad dashes to the toliet for 4 days now!!!!!!!!
SneezyKitten

Postby Unca_Tim » January 18th, 2004, 11:05 am

We've seen both sides of the spectrum when you first start the program. Some people are lucky to have no noticable effects at all with their BM's.
One thing you can count on, is PLENTY of trips to the BR due to the water intake.

One good thing is the soy protein seems to have beneficial affects for conditions such as IBS and ulcers. I don't know if this is scientifically documented, but we've had testimony to this several times.

My guess is that your diet previous to starting Medifast probably has some relative effect on how you'll do when you begin the program.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss