Day 1....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Day 1....

Postby Jims Chick » January 10th, 2004, 7:40 pm

Today wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I had shakes at 8 and 11.... and then cut a lemon bar up into about 30 pieces and brought it to the 3 hour LOTR Return of the King movie to snack on. I've had all my water and only 1 diet soda today. I had the chili for dinner ....and I tried to make it last....but for the first time today I was really really hungry even after eating it :tongue: I made a cup of chicken bullion to take the edge off and am feeling better. I still have one shake in about an hour and I will probably be good. Dinner time was the only time today I felt really hungry. One thing I noticed was how many time I came into the kitchen looking for a snack out of habit even when I wasn't hungry. I didn't realize that I was that bad....but when it kept being brought to my attention (by the fact that there was no snack for me here) it was kind of surprising :hammerhead1:. Is it ok to have a bar and a soup or chili on the full plan or should I cut back to one or the other? I was unsure but the bar worked out so well for the movies. My husband and son skipped the popcorn for me......isn't that sweet. I must say I'm a little surprised that today was this easy.
Julie
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Jim's Chick is a Survivor!

Postby Nancy » January 10th, 2004, 8:56 pm

:shock: What's this? :shock:
You actually went to a movie theater today?
On your first day of the plan?
Are you nuts?

You deserve a Purple Heart for going to a theater in the first place - they pipe the smell of buttered popcorn directly into your nasies when you enter the parking lot.

You are Wonder Woman! How did you do it? You're not even in ketosis yet, Girlfriend!

It takes THREE full days to reach ketosis before hunger and fatigue begin to wane. You rock! :cleader:

Sheesh! You've got a super husband and kid, too - Kudos to them for abstaining from popcorn at the movies today! :boing: :hug:

Yep, you certainly MAY have soup, and a bar and shakes.

Okie Dokie, it’s review time

Folks on the complete Meal Replacement plan require physician monitoring to minimize the potential for health risks.

:water: 64 ounces of good ol’ fashioned water

:bib: 5 - 7 Medifast meals per day

Of those 5-7 Medifast meals, THREE of them absolutely really truly pock-a-dooly must be cold SHAKES. You may have up to 7 shakes a day on the complete Meal Replacement Plan, five on the Modified (5 and 1) Program.

In addition to the three shakes, you may have 2 packets of soup or 2 packets of oatmeal or any combo of soup/oatmeal/cocoa/Homestyle Chili/Chicken Noodle Soup/Minestrone Soup/Pro Tea.

Here's a gentle reminder:

You may have but 1 bar a day on the weight reduction phase.

You did the right thing to cut up your bar into bite-sized pieces – it makes it last longer and slows down your meal time.

We all eat too fast these days. Slowly drink your shakes, stretch ‘em out to last for 15 minutes or so.
:buddies: Sip ‘em, :guzzle: don’t chug ‘em!

Bonus Items: 3 stalks of celery, two dill pickles, 2 cups of bouillon, 2 servings of Fast Soup and 1 packet of Multi-Grain crackers
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 12th, 2004, 8:45 am

Nancy:

Every once in awhile, can we have a little bitty cup of Sugar Free Jello? Only 10 calories and 1 gram of protein!!

Please?? Pretty Please????
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Jello

Postby star85 » January 12th, 2004, 4:42 pm

Sugar free jello is allowed in moderation. If you don't already have it, purchase "Success in a Shaker Jar" with your next order. It answers alot of questions. It helps alot!

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 12th, 2004, 10:14 pm

:star: Jeanette ~

Of course you may have some of the Sugar Free Jell-o.

You know, I kinda like it hot, too - I am often chilly due to my weight loss and a hot beverage seems to be a great pick-me-up.

:eat: Enjoy your Jello, Jeanette! :eat:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

hot jello??? do tell

Postby deedle » January 13th, 2004, 9:23 pm

hot jello....do you nuke it in the pre fab cups or just drink it hot making it from scratch? I know it's good for the hair and nails if drunk liquid...but OK, here's a nasty question...how does it do for the BM's?

Yuk, I know....

Dee
deedle

Hot Jello

Postby Nancy » January 14th, 2004, 12:23 am

Dee ~

I just prepare the Jello according to the directions on the box except I do not add any cold water - I double the hot water measurements then I drink some of it while it is nice and hot and then chill the rest in a bowl to have later when it is cool and boingy! :boing:

Now about those :twisted: pesky BMs...is this a concern for you?

CONSTIPATION can happen in the first few weeks IF ya don't drink all of your water! :water:

Yeah, it CAN be a prob for some, read some of my earlier posts.

When a person's food intake is reduced then a person's food outtake is also reduced!

:weightlift: Exercise (gentle exercise at first!) drink more water,
:water: :water:
Colace or a similar poop softener may be helpful and of course there is good ol’ orange-flavored Metamucil (sugar-free).

I kinda depended upon my daily bag of Multi-grain crackers – remember they ARE a bonus item – you can have one bag of them on the Modified (5 and 1 Plan) as well as the Complete Plan.

Does Jello help the constipation issue? I really have no idea! It just tastes good on a chilly winter night! :shades:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Jeanette » January 14th, 2004, 8:26 am

Kelyn:

I have the Success book, and I do not remember reading about Jello in there. But hey, if Nancy says it's okay, I am all over it!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby star85 » January 14th, 2004, 7:21 pm

Hey Dee!
Hope everything is going well! I didn't read about the S.F. jello in the "Success" book either. I just recommended it because it's a very helpful book, especially to new comers to the program. I actually knew about the jello because before I found this site, I ordered my first order through "Tuscon" medifast suppliers and with my order came a whole bunch of very useful and informative info, the jello being one of them. The service was great , but they did not have a support forum. The company recently merged with "Take Shape for Life" anyway, but I ordered through them before they merged. Well good luck and keep in touch!

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room