Day 2

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Day 2

Postby Guest » January 2nd, 2004, 9:16 am

Hi everyone!
Well it's day 2 for me. I made it through the oatmeal for breakfast. It's edible, but I won't be ordering it again. I have to use it up though. I also had my usual coffee. The only difference is I'm used to alot of 1/2 & 1/2, but now I only use 2 tbsp. which is not alot when you measure it out. It's better than nothing though. Last night I ended up having an extra supplement before bed. I stayed up alot later than I usually do. If I had went to bed when I was tired instead of staying awake I would not have needed the bar. I wanted to mention that "Walden Farms" , besides their salad dressings, they also make a great S.F. carbo free, and cal. free chocolate syrup. It's only 2 dollars and change, which is alot cheaper than Da Vinci's syrups at 7 dollars and change a bottle. The only down side is I haven't seen any other flavors. I'll keep an eye out! I use it to put it into my vanilla shakes with a pkt. of Splenda. I don't like any of the shakes except swiss mocha and dutch chocolate, so I still have to use up the vanilla I ordered. Of coarse I just realized I didn't log in this morning( what's new) so I'll be registered as " Guest ". Good luck to everyone. Keep up the good work and THINK THIN!!! just in time for summer. Hope to hear from everyone soon.--------------------------------star85

Day 2 - feeling munchy

Postby Deedle » January 2nd, 2004, 9:32 pm

Hi there - I found this posting board so i thought I'd give it a try before bed. I'm on day 2 here, and I have to say it hasnt been bad til tonight around 8ish. I guess this is a munchy time for me. So I ate some celery and drank some water. Please tell me that it will get easier? I'm 28, and weighing in at 205 on my first day. My goal is 140.

How long do you all think this is going to take? I know it isn't a "cure" but I just need some reassurance tonight I guess. Sadly I'm on my own here tonight, and the fridge, although it's pretty empty, is still sitting there staring at me. I never thought I had a problem with eating, until I sat there and actually considered putting mayonaise on celery (I hate mayonaise!)

Anyways, I'm going to try and get some sleep, and restart with new energy tomorrow.
Cheers everyone, have a blessed evening.

Dee
Deedle

Hang in there!

Postby star85 » January 3rd, 2004, 5:50 pm

Hi Dee,
Dee there are several options that you can do when your food cravings get really bad in the evening. Here are some ideas: 1) Tell yourself, " This is only temporary and all the food I love to eat will still be available to me once I reach my goal. It's not going anywhere." 2) You can have boullion broth with the Medifast crackers, 3) you can try crunching on a couple of dill pickels, 4) you can have a container of sugar free jello ( pick up a 6 pack) it's pre-portioned, comes in different flavors, has only 10 calories and NO carbs. 5)You could have a modified meal and have 3-4 oz. of lean baked or grilled meat (season to your preference) and a small green salad with 2 Tbsp. of lite or F.F. dressing. You are allowed to switch from full fast to modified fast if you want or need to and it's better than going off the plan! I don't like celery either, so if I have to, I shred up fresh lettuce with 2 tbsp. of F.F., calorie free, and carbo free bleu cheese dressing." Walden Farms" is the brand of dressing. It tastes very good and lettuce is mostly water and has barely, if any, calories or carbs just like celery. It gives me the crunch and chewing sensation I sometimes need. The dressing also tastes like real bleu cheese, which I love. Also try purchasing different extracts to add to your shakes and utilize "Splenda" to sweeten things up. I take a "One A Day Weight Smart" vitamin every day. I receive all my vitamins and minerals I need and it helps curb my appetite. I hope these suggestions help. If I think of any more I'll let you know. Good luck and don't give up! We are all in this together. Plus your almost through the hardest part ( the first 3 days). You don't want to have to start over again. You have control over food. Don't let food have control over you!!
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Thanks

Postby deedle » January 3rd, 2004, 7:50 pm

Thanks so much Star for your advice! I have a dumb question...everybody keeps posting numbers at the bottom of their posts...#/#/# type of thing...what does this mean? I know it's weights...but reflecting when and what? I know, probably sounds stupid...

Anyways, day 3 not so bad, so heading for bed early, church becons early in the morning.

See ya'll soon!

Dee
deedle

Weights

Postby star85 » January 4th, 2004, 9:55 am

Hey Dee!
The numbers you see at the bottom of the screen are start, current, and goal weights. You can go into your profile screen and enter yours. I just started 4 days ago, so I only have my start and goal weight entered. I started on a Thursday, so next Thursday I will be posting my first week weight loss on the weight room message board! Then I can add a current weight to my profile. I also wanted to let you know that if you need an extra supplement during the evening, you can have one and you will not effect your weight loss. Eating regular food will! Only have the extra supplement if you really need it though. Keep up the great work!!

P.S. No questions are ever dumb. Asking questions allows us to obtain more knowledge!
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

hi dee,star

Postby susan » January 4th, 2004, 12:01 pm

hey girls,
you all can do this,and dee I mix my vanilla shake with sunkist orange soda and its good so try that. also I cheated over the holidays and now I am going thru the 3 days again and now I am hungry and before I wasn;t so don;t cheat you hurt your self when you do .keep up the good work
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.