Day 1

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Day 1

Postby star85 » January 1st, 2004, 9:07 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! It will be a NEW and GOOD year for all of us!
We have to stick together and help each other accomplish our weight loss goals. This morning is day one for me. I had the apple/cinn. oatmeal and a cup of coffee with a tbsp. of 1/2 & 1/2 and 1 pkt. of Splenda. I still need my coffee in the morning to be able to function! The oatmeal's texture was somewhat mushy, but I don't expect any of these products to be like real food. It was edible. It also breaks up the monotony of constant shakes. I added cinnamon and a pkt. of Splenda to it. I'll tell you guys, I'm getting use to these message boards real fast. They are life savers! It makes me feel like I'm not alone in this. I get to talk to so many great people, and receive alot of valuble info to help stay on program in such a convienent way. It's also a good distraction from thinking about eating! I've actually noticed an increase in my typing speed since I'v been using these message boards(ha ha hee hee). Anyway, I plan on having my 3 shakes throughout the day and then try the chili for dinner. I have my diet soda, boullion cubes, S.F. jello, and pickles in stock. I'll just use them if I have to in moderation. It's better to grab for one of those things then go off plan. I hope this "honeymoon" stage of the plan I'm in now lasts for a while. Well good luck to everyone. Keep in touch! I have to go fill my GIANT water mug now!! -------- Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Maggie » January 1st, 2004, 12:20 pm

Happy New Year Kelyn and good luck. I was surprised by your comment about the oatmeal. To me it is barely tolerable. I bought one box and I will eat it. Can't waste my money. But I won't be buying anymore of it. Since you like coffee, when you get tired of the oatmeal, blend one packet of any of the chocolate shakes,(Swiss Mocha, Dutch or Hot cocoa)with 2 cups of the hot coffee. It is frothy and delicious and very satisfying until lunchtime. You are right about this computer taking your mind off eating. I can waste hours on mine and even forget when it is time for another shake. You really will get to the point where you won't think about eating all the time. :lol: I started on a Thrusday also, so that makes Friday our weigh in day. I'll look forward to seeing your weigh-in totals. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby susan » January 1st, 2004, 2:58 pm

hello,
kelyn welcome to the group this is the best thing you will ever do and it really does work. so hang in there and good luck.
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Hello

Postby star85 » January 1st, 2004, 3:55 pm

Hi Susan,
Thanks for the warm welcome and inspiration. It helps so much having such a great support group! Well it's around 5:30 P.M. E.S.T. and so far so good. I'm trying to get all my water in. Many trips to the bathroom today! I'm cooking dinner right now for the family. So far no temptation. I feel a little light headed but no hunger. I had some boullion broth earlier to help with my sodium. Well good luck and stay in touch!

Kelyn
star85

Postby Maggie » January 2nd, 2004, 9:20 am

Hi Kelyn,
My above post contains a very obvious mistake. :oops: What was I thinking? I said that I started Medifast on a Thursday, so that made Friday my weigh-in day. Wrong!!!!! Friday is my weigh-in day, so obviously I started this plan on a Friday. :shock: Seven days in one week, right. A Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, was my last day to eat the old way, the way that got me to this point in the first place. :cry: So I will be looking for your first weigh-in on Thursday. ;) Hope it's going okay so far. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby star85 » January 2nd, 2004, 2:27 pm

Hi Maggie!
Good to hear from you. Today is day 2. So far so good. Alot of running around today with the kids. I'm alittle behind on my supplements, but I'll get them all in before the end of the night. I just got in and was feeling a little light headed, so I had a cup of boullion and crackers to perk me up. I just keep thinking of looking the way I used to again to keep me going. That's my goal. I keep telling myself if you stick to the plan you will lose the weight faster and in turn reach your goal faster. My husband told me this will only be temporary. All the food you like to eat will still be around after you reach your goal. You can then eat it again in moderation and look and feel like you want to. The faster I reach goal, the faster I can begin to incorporate real food again!! The kids and I were so busy running around today that I got them Burger King drive thru kids meals. Burger King is the only fast food that I do not like(yuk), so it worked out well for them and me. They had their treat and I wasn't tempted! Well I have to start cooking dinner for the troops, then have my next shake. Hope to hear from you soon! I can't wait 'til next Friday for my first weigh in!

Kelyn
star85

Return to Come on in.