Day 1

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Day 1

Postby mnova » January 30th, 2005, 6:57 am

Today is my first day on Medifast and I've just had my first shake of the day.

I perused this forum quite a bit while I waited for my order to arrive and you all look like a great group.

I have a feeling I'll be visiting often as I know I need the support to be successful.
Maryann

Start Date: 01/31/05
298/286/135
mnova
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby jene115 » January 30th, 2005, 8:16 am

Hi Maryann! I'm new here too and found this forum while I'm waiting for my order to arrive.

I see we're a about the same weight, so I guess we will be traveling this road together for the long haul :)

Best of luck to you on your first day and let us know how you do!
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby cplantho » January 30th, 2005, 9:44 am

Hi Maryann! I'm finishing up my first week on MF. The first few days for me were a bit rough, but it's all smooth sailing now! :drive: I woke up this morning feeling great! I KNOW this will work!

This forum is wonderful. You will find so much support here. I hope they're able to have the MF meetings today. I live across town from the MF corporate office and we just got a couple more inches of snow/sleet last night. Stuff like that tends to shut things down around here. Guess I'll stay in and sip away! :pour:
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » January 30th, 2005, 2:17 pm

Hi mnova --

Welcome aboard the ThinExpress! Our conductor is off getting some new knowledge to pass along to all of her pupils when she returns. She made sure all of us promised to be kind and supportive to all in her absence (which of course we would do anyway!). :stroll:

So glad you are here for the ride. This place is an unbelievable support system and I visit it many many times every day. It just keeps me on track and honest. But also gives me all kinds of new ideas which are making this trip as easy as possible.

Keep positive and check in to let us know how you are doing. You'll do great as long as you keep to plan and stay focused.

Take care ---
Ame
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby monkeymom » January 31st, 2005, 11:59 am

Hi mnova. Today is day 3 for me, and I have a bit less to loose than you (I am 251), but I'm sure we will have many similar experiences as we travel along. It will be nice to keep up with each other's progress.
My first 2 1/2 days were quiet uneventful, and really no problem at all. I hope things go well for you.

Vicki
monkeymom

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 31st, 2005, 11:23 pm

Hello all,

I've been unable to properly say hi to newcomers lately so here's a blanket one, and an apology for not getting into the forum as much as I want to. I just want to say that the attitudes you all have are just the ticket you need. It's sooooo refreshing to see you have the hope and desire to get where you want to be on this plan. Attitude is everything, and never giving up and staying positive got me to my goal. I've been so busy lately that I've been remiss on eating my 5 meals a day (I'm on maintenance maintaining at around 120 lbs). I sat down on a leather pit sofa the other day waiting for someone, and thought I was sitting on something like a part of the framework. Turns out it was my tailbone!!! I weighed the next morning at 115lbs. Oh my gosh! I've never had a problem losing too much weight, but I sure felt close to it. So, now I've set my new cell phone alarm to go off every three hours to remind me to eat. I get compliments just constantly, and feel like I'm 25 years younger! I hope I can inspire you newer members just like those who succeeded before me inspired me. MF works. Just follow it, and stay as positive as you can. Happy to meet ya'll!

To your success! :toast:

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Things Are Going Great!

Postby mnova » February 5th, 2005, 5:16 am

Haven't had a chance to check in since my first post last Sunday. Nutty week at work.

But I've been doing great. Made it through the first few headachy days and haven't had any headaches since Day 4.

I promised myself I wouldn't be a "scale hopper", but I couldn't resist and weighed in today, a day early. I'm down 11 pounds! Yippee!

I know I can't count on that kind of "droppage" each week but it is very encouraging to have a good kick-off week, right?

Thanks to all who welcomed me to this great forum.

See ya' all soon.
Maryann

298/286/135
mnova
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 5th, 2005, 9:14 am

Maryann - CONGRATS on your success!!! That's a wonderful loss -- isn't Medifast amazing??? You are now in the 10 POUND CLUB!! Wooo Hoooo!

I was hoping that you had made it through the first few days and worried when there wasn't a return post from you. Glad to see you stayed on the program and were rewarded with the awesome loss!

Make sure to come in and post your loss in the roll call -- weekly weigh in, tomorrow morning. If you get nutty and can't get in any other time of the week, force yourself to do that. It helps to keep you compliant when you know you've got to post your stats!

Have a great weekend -----
scrabbler7

Postby raederle » February 5th, 2005, 10:30 am

Wow--- GREAT JOB Maryann!!!! I'm glad your frst few days went well, and I'm so glad you've had such a great loss your first week-- I think that definitely helps to keep us all on track when we can see it working so dramatically. Here's to a *very* proud first Sunday Roll Call for you! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby Andi » February 5th, 2005, 10:31 am

Hi Maryann :) ..Congratulations on your weight loss!!..That is soo great!!!!..I recieved my supplies yesterday and today is my first day!!..Hope to see you all in the 10# club soon :D ..((Hugs))..Andi
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Start: 02/05/05
1st Goal 10# club
256.5/247.5/128
Andi

Postby Nancy » February 6th, 2005, 3:32 am

cplantho ~

Whazziss??? You live near corp? Dang! I would have LOVED to meet you last weekend!!! I am serious! I didn't have much time but I wouldda driven across town to meet you!

Everyone New, I welcome you & am thrilled for you to be beginning the first stages of your new life. Oh, how I want for you all to know of the wonderful Take Shape For Life program - two shakes and a bar a day, keep the Fat Fairy away as you can read about HawaiiWhatNot's maintenance success.

Keep shaking every three hours, drink lotsa lotsa water... :water:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mnova » February 6th, 2005, 7:59 am

Ame,

I just did my first roll-call check in - down 12 pounds for the week.

I will definitely be checking in for every Sunday roll-call. Need the accountability, so to speak.

If I don't show up one Sunday, send out the Marines to look for me.

What the heck, I could use a few good men!
Maryann

298/286/135
mnova
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 6th, 2005, 8:31 am

Hello !
Welcome to the warmest group of folks anywhere!!
Mnova, Awesome first week!!
Don't you feel so proud of yourself!! WAY to GO!
MonkeyMom, Andi, Cplantho welcome to Everyone!!
We are so glad you are here with us to share in the journey to thinsville!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 6th, 2005, 9:01 am

Hey Maryann ---

Didn't that roll call FEEL GREAT! I mean - 12 POUNDS in 7 DAYS. Just fabulouso girly girl!

Don't worry - if I don't see you on here one Sunday - I'll send Guido to get cha!
scrabbler7

Postby cplantho » February 6th, 2005, 1:59 pm

Yes, I am an official resident of Owings Mills, Md! It's kinda weird to see the address on the back of the packets. Don't worry, Nancy, I'm sure you'll be in this neck of the woods again soon. By that time, I'll be nice an deflabbed and we'll have DECENT, WARM weather!
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.