DAY 7

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

DAY 7

Postby Ria » June 1st, 2004, 6:04 am

Hello Everyone,

End of Week 1 and I am down 4lbs to 179. I am doing the 5 and 1 plan. Is there any tips for this regime or are most of you doing the FULL FAST.

Thanks,
Ria

183/179
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Echo » June 1st, 2004, 11:22 am

I'm doing the 5:1 plan too. I would have quit already if I couldn't have real food. I think that the 'lean and green' meal is addressed someplace in the forum, like FAQ but I will tell you what I do.

Obviously, the easiest thing to do for the meal is a frozen low fat/low calorie meal and a salad. I like to do that when I'm going to work, we have a cafe with a salad bar and I just bring the dinner. If you do a salad bar salad avoid the cheese, marinated mushrooms, pasta salad, etc. Stick to dark green veggies; lettuce, broccoli, green peppers, a few grape tomatoes, celery and cucumber. I only use balsamic vinegar for dressing.

When I'm at home I may do a salad with fajita style chicken on it or wrap a piece of haddock or swordfish in foil with old bay seasoning and lemon. I'll have steamed broccoli or a salad with that too. I love to cook and have made some of my favorites healthier, and have smaller portions with a big salad. :bib:

I have been doing this for almost a month and have lost 16 lbs. I have moments where I am tempted to binge on chinese food but I haven't yet thanks to the plan, distraction, journaling and this forum. :star:

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Ria » June 1st, 2004, 11:38 am

Thanks so much for the info! It has been a tough week, being Memorial Day weekend and all. I think I might have messed up by having curry chicken for the lean...Today I got my order of bars/soups/crackers so I think I will stick to the this and add a green salad.

Thanks again!
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.