Day 2

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Day 2

Postby Lisa Jones » May 29th, 2004, 6:40 pm

Ok...day 2 is almost over now....all is ok...I had the orange pineapple shake for breakfast and enjoyed it...cream of chicken....then vanilla...then tomato soup....will have strawberry for my last one today....I am amazed at how 64 oz of h2o does not seem to be that much...I am happy about that....I have felt ok with the exception of walking up the driveway for my yoga lesson today...got really dizzy and light headed, but it went away fast and had no problems doing the exercises in class...I began yoga last month in preparation for this...I will be 53 soon and lost both of my parents within 9 months of each other 2 years ago, so had that "head on collision" with the reality that if I want to live, I truly needed to do something about my weight...then my blood pressure and my fasting glucose began to rise...so, here I am...it seems like everyone around me is having the bariatric surgery and while exploring that I realized that the reason they were losing weight was because they COULD NOT EAT solid foods!!! So, I found Medifast and decided to try this without radically changing my normal inside organs!!
Another thing that helped me to decide is that my blessed mother had cancer of the esophagus and existed with a feeding tube into her stomach for a year...and she was able to get all the nutrients she needed while enduring her chemo, etc.
Ok...I am rambling...but, am just needing to stay in touch...I so appreciate there is a place where I can just post what I am feeling as I go through this process...I hope you are each having a good weekend...Lisa in Dallas ;)
Lisa Jones

Postby Echo » May 29th, 2004, 7:34 pm

Lisa, you are doing a great job. The variety is going to keep you from getting bored. If you keep having that dizzy feeling see your doctor. If you have a glucometer check your blood sugar too, ok?

Good luck on day 3!

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » May 30th, 2004, 9:25 am

Lisa:

The dizziness is your body adjusting to the lower calories. Take it easy on the exercise for a bit!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.