Day One's a Wrap

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Day One's a Wrap

Postby Carrie » March 2nd, 2004, 6:28 am

Well, made it through day one.

Can't say it was easy, I was STARVING for the majority of the day and the 50 potty breaks were tiresome. I had a full 7 meals yesterday and found myself gobbling them. My body was screaming for it's usual volumes of food and excesses of sugar.

When I got home I turned on the TV and was bombarded by fast food commercials .... I watched a couple of them and every person in the commercial is slim and trim munching on their junk food. Then my 'f.m.' (food monger) started screaming for me to get in the car and go get myself some. I turned the TV off, but the f.m. kept at me for the rest of the evening. You know what I mean? 'Oh just run through a drivethrough, it'll taste so good and you can just start tomorrow' That kinda trash talk.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I wasn't expecting such a struggle just to get through the first day. But I made it.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby shineface » March 2nd, 2004, 6:45 am

GO CARRIE - GO CARRIE -IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY -GO CARRIE!!

However, I am confused ---- 7 full meals :shock: --- what exactly does that mean?

My understanding is that if you are on MODIFIED Plan it is a combo of 5 shakes and suppls with one lean and green meal.

Even on the FULL plan I don't think I've ever seen 7 shakes and suppls mentioned - or maybe I am missing something. Or, did you take in a little extra to get through a rough start day?

Day One is rough - let's face it your are completely changing your eating habits never mind the emotional factors of not having food around as friend and comfort, etc... BUT IT IS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!

Review some of the schedules that people have posted that address spreading out the food - some of the tips for emergency survival methods and drink, drink, drink all day - throughout the day-- water is #1 -- then tea, boullion, coffee or whatever-sometimes something warm will be more satisfying. It helps me.

WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE NUMBERS DROP ON THE SCALE - IT IS ALL WORTH A FEW DAYS OR WEEKS OF PAIN IN THE ADJUSTMENT.... THINK ABOUT ALL OF THE YEARS OF PAIN THE FAT HAS CAUSED - I DO - IT HELPS!!!!!

kEEP ON SHAKIN', SLURPIN; & POSTIN' --- THIS FORUM IS AS VALUABLE AS THE MF PRODUCT IN MY OPINION!!!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Carrie » March 2nd, 2004, 6:57 am

I meant I had 7 meal replacements yesterday. I thought I had read somewhere that you have 5-7 of them per day. (I had 3 shakes, 2 soups and 2 bars). And I had a fast soup. I figured if I could just get myself through the day without hitting a fast food place, I'd consider it a success. I think I'm going to have major sugar withdrawls for the first few days.

I think for me it's best to do full replacement most days. I'll leave the 'lean and green' option open for the occasional day when I have something social going on. But having a choice outside of a medifast product might be dangerous for me.

Today I'll try and get closer to the prescribed plan.

Does anyone else have a sweetish taste in their mouth?

Also, I noticed that I didn't even have my iced tea this morning (usually I can't wake up without it) I went straight to water. I think my eyeballs are floating.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 2nd, 2004, 7:09 am

Carrie,

You made it through day one!!!!!!! Complete fast is 5-6 meal replacements, however I had more the first few days to help me get through too. Be careful of the bars you should only have 1 bar a day on the complete fast.

Keep Shakin!!
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » March 2nd, 2004, 9:14 am

Good job Carrie! It will take a few days, but pretty soon you'll be breezing through like it was nothin'!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room