Day One

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Day One

Postby Maggie » November 28th, 2003, 12:28 pm

They say that a trip of a thousand miles begins with one step. Today I have taken that first step. I am mentally prepared and highly motivated.
That may change as I move along. So far, I have no problem with the taste of the shakes that I have tried. I have been greatly encouraged by reading of your successes and even your few slip-ups. We are human, after all. I'm looking forward to receiving your input into my experiences. I am even looking forward to Mike making me 'tow the line'. :x
I had a 'normal' Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, preparing for my long fast, but you know, I didn't even enjoy it. I'm almost looking forward to that empty feeling because I have felt stuffed for so long. I do have a lot of weight to lose and I have been unsuccessful so many times before. I realize it is now or never. Time for me to 'put up, or shut up.' I need your help. Maggie :wavie:
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jeanette » November 28th, 2003, 1:43 pm

You got it, Maggie! You can always come here for support and a "virtual butt kickin'" if you need it. But I know you will do great.

Remember, this time is different. Forget all the other times you have tried. You have found a program that will get you where you want to be, and teach you how to live a new life along the way.

I must comment on the "empty feeling" you talked about. I truly understand that feeling!! It is so wonderful to not have that "I'm so stuffed I'm glad I wore my stretchpants" feeling.

My best friend and I went to see a play last night. When I came to pick her up, she complained on how miserable she was because she overate. No more, she says! She has lost over 38 pounds doing a low-carb diet, and eating all those carbs at Thanksgiving dinner really did a number!!

Okay, I've been blabbing too much. The best advice I can give you for the next few days is: Hang in there--it is only temporary. When hunger feelings come, ride them out. Make sure you dring lots and lots of water. That is such an important part of this (or any) weight loss program.

We are here for you!!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 28th, 2003, 1:44 pm

Fantastic Maggie!

You got us girl..... :D

I'll hide Mikey's whip from him until you get settled in.
:whip:

Very true things will change daily and you'll have smooth sailin' and the occasional rough water now and then. That's just part of life in general. Most importantly is getting those first 3-4 days behind you, being SURE you eat every 3 hours and slurp your water regularily. Remember once you get into the plan, it just gets easier....

We're all here for you and excited to see you getting started.
Happy shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Weight Room