Damn Feet

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Damn Feet

Postby alpha femme » July 10th, 2007, 3:46 pm

so... i used to be extra, extra fat. circus freak fat. 400 pounds-weighed-on-a-truck-scale fat. now i'm not...as fat. you get the idea.

over the last 2 months or so, i've noticed that the center of the balls of me feet are killing me. killing me! my feet didn't hurt this way, ever, when i was heavy. it feels like callouses are starting to develop on each foot in those spots, but i think it's just that the bone underneath is very prominent.

any ideas of what's causing it? it doesn't matter what shoes i wear, the pain is the same (even bare foot). it's excruciating.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby holberry » July 10th, 2007, 4:36 pm

owwwch !!
I wonder if a podiatrist could help. My daughter has an issue with one foot, and the pod has helped her.
holberry
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » July 10th, 2007, 4:40 pm

Hmmm... I'd guess that with your weight lost, you could be standing/walking/moving differently. Your weight could be redistributed in a new way for your body.

As for help, I'd say try gel inserts, or maybe some really supportive shoes, like Birkenstocks? I know they may not befit a sexy thang like yourself, but they do have some mighty cute styles these days ;) (A good source is BirkenstockCentral, or Zappos, both online stores I've used & been very happy with...)

Hope your feets feel better! :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » July 10th, 2007, 5:36 pm

Hiya Alex!
Nice to hear from you, chica...sorry it's about your foot pain, though. ;)
I was having the exact problem when I began using my treadmill, though only with one foot. It was just as you described, as though the bone was more prominent or something. The MBT shoes took it all away. They're a bit pricey, but well worth the relief. I use the sport model, but they have everyday kicks too, hiking boots, sandals, and even "casual dress" styles. Check 'em out at www dot swissmasaius dot com.

Oh yeah, I tried mine on in a store that sells them (the website has a store location search feature) to get my size, 'cause they come in European sizes, and then I found a pair in my size on eBay, and saved $100. After I wore them for a while, I realized that I would have no problem paying full price for them ~ they've made that big of a difference...and not just to my feet (foot), but to my back and knees as well. Biki got a pair on eBay too.

Good luck, and don't be such a stranger!
8)
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Elizabeth » July 10th, 2007, 6:16 pm

:wave: Alex
Sounds like your meditarsal bones. Read this....it sounds like this may be what it is. Read at the end it says as we get older (and thinner perhaps) we lose the fat pad on the bottom of foot.

http://www.foot.com/info/cond_metatarsalgia.jsp

<edit>link approved - UT</edit>
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » July 10th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Not that this helps much, but my feet shrunk. I used to be size 12 Wide and now my feet are 10 to 10 1/2 not as wide. :mrgreen:
I think it may have alot to do with weight distribution, how you stand/walk now. There is a great Athletic Shoe store up here called Fleet Feet Sport (DOT com), they watch you walk and job and figure out the best shoes... and then they find them. It really helped Di with her feet issues.
Unfortunately, looking at the site, the nearest one to you is in Laguna Niguel (wherever that is ;) ) Lots of location in Norcal.

There have to be similar stores down your way. 8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Amber » July 11th, 2007, 9:53 am

Hey Alex,
I have found that accupuncture can relieve acute pain almost immediately!
If it were me, I'd get rid of the pain first & then deal with trying to keep it away...
I was happy to see a post from you, best wishes~
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 11th, 2007, 3:05 pm

thanks for the ideas. it may just be fat loss and change of gait. i've lost over a shoe size, and i used to say that i had "flintstone feet," but i don't anymore. that, of course, doesn't change the fact that my feet hurt so bad now that i limp and can barely tolerate a hike.

i haven't been out in a month. me! ME. What the hell?

so, i'll try gel inserts. if that doesnt work, i'm using my extra expensive health insurance, cause this is supposed to happen when you are huge, not when you lose a grown man of your butt.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Return to What's Shakin'