Cream of Chicken???? No, not quite.

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Cream of Chicken???? No, not quite.

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 25th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Yesterday I was rushing around like a maniac to get ready to go to work. Anyway, my husband says, "Honey, what do you want I'll make it for you?" So I just yell down, "Chicken noodle's fine." Now he nukes it and runs out the door to get the kids at school.

So I come down, make sure that the bullion is mixed in and it's looking kind of creamy. So I'm thinking..hmmm, must be cream of chicken or something.... so I'm in a hurry and fore go the spoon(it's in a mug) and take a big ole swig.... That's weird?? it's sweet, but salty...this is gross!!! Yuck!!! But I'm in a hurry so I'm telling myself, "you're just not used to this, you've never had cream of chicken before...Put on your big girl pants and just do it." So I take another swig... BLECH!!! What the heck kind of soup is this...

then I'm looking at it...there's no chicken in it.....but floating all around the top are PEACHES!!!! My dh made me chicken soup..with PEACH OATMEAL!! I had put my oatmeal and chicken noodles soup in one package when I went to a business conference and he didn't look at the packet and didn't know I did that....BUT boy oh boy, was I ever glad that wasn't Cream of Chicken soup!

Thought you all might get a chuckle out of my debacle of soup/oatmeal.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » March 25th, 2006, 11:05 pm

FluffyNoMore ... I totally loved your story and actually laughed out loud. Thanks for sharing!

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 26th, 2006, 6:06 am

Jen!! That is HILLARIOUS!!!!! :roflmao: And what a sweet hubby you have :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mom23 » March 26th, 2006, 7:21 am

:roflmao: He was willing to help you and he tried! My Dh would plead dumb if I asked him to make me something (even if it wasn't MF) :roll:

I guess he'll know for next time! What a great hubby you have! :lol:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 26th, 2006, 9:50 am

I thought it was funny afterwards. He, on the other hand, was mortified...and couldn't believe that I was drinking it. I did, however, make chicken noodle once I realized what I was eating, just didn't finish it all.

He's definitely a keeper. :)
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Strange combinations

Postby Jan » March 26th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Hmmm another victim
I myself have been the victim once or twice -- but of my own doing. Watch out for the peppermint extract -- I've made myself "drain cleaner" not even old iron stomach hubby could drink it. And who do you think was functioning on auto pilot and orange soda and cranberry mago in a shaker jar and started to shake it ?????? It was the same person who spend a gooooodly amount of time cleaning her kitchen -- white tile with white grout of course :mrgreen: I had to pick cranberry mango didn't I???
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby 2getskinny » March 27th, 2006, 11:46 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Oh but your DH was so nice to help ya out.

Funny story! Glad it wasnt' your soup too.
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Dayna » March 28th, 2006, 10:15 am

Oh yuck. It's so awful when your mouth is expecting one thing, and it gets another (happened to me once long ago, I was expecting chocolate milk and took a big swig of lemonade - almost puked it back up!). I'm terribly impressed that you even took a second taste. So, is it fair to say that bullion should go in the "Things We Don't Add to Oatmeal To Make It Taste Better" category? :mrgreen:

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss