Crash and burn....but...I got up and dusted myself off..

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Crash and burn....but...I got up and dusted myself off..

Postby Eander5696 » January 19th, 2006, 8:48 pm

Hi Guys. I had to go to dinner tonight with some friends...I knew what I was going to do. Had a salad with grilled chicken...no "extras" in the salad, and a diet coke.

Well, everyone around me was gorging (of course they are not metabolically challenged) and by the end of the meal I was miserable b/c I couldn't partake in the eating and drinking. I knew it was too early. I didnt have a good enough control over myself yet and when we got home...I headed straight for the pantry, and hit the cashews. :dooh:

I managed to get a handful down...before my boyfriend walked up to me, grabbed the nuts and put himself between me and the pantry. :lightbeam:

He told me if I was hungry, to have a shake. .... but step away from the carbs!!!! :x

Gotta love him.

I ended up nuking about 4 oz of leftover grilled chicken breast to get thru that attack, and now I seem to have rebounded, and Im feeling better.

Its amazing the power that food has over me, but....I stopped it this time! With his help!!!!

I just rec'd my package of Peach oatmeal today in the mail, so I've packed my lunch and am prepared for tomorrow. Of course, I won't be visiting any restaurants anytime soon..... :shock:
Food is fuel. Nothing more.

Eander5696
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Jan » January 19th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Hi Eander,
I say this quite a bit but I'm repeating it. Life is a learning process. Learning to control our eating habits is a process also. As you progress on program you will become more and more able to resist the foody temptations. Don't beat yourself up -- just move forward.
:D jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby LoriO » January 19th, 2006, 10:43 pm

Good for you for getting back into the groove!! I LOVE the peach oatmeal! It is delicious!

Start Date 9/19/05
319/244.5/150
Lori
LoriO
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 20th, 2006, 5:51 am

Well noone has said it yet so I will.....Kudos to your boyfriend :bravo: what a lucky woman you are to have such a supportive caring man in your life :hug: a lot of men would not have even noticed your slip and not only did he notice but he intervened :lightsword:

Good for you for getting right back on the road to health and thinner days :redprowl:

You CAN and WILL do this :yes:

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Leslie36 » January 20th, 2006, 9:07 am

You can do this!!! Don't let one slip discourage you , just get back in the saddle and keep on Medifasting!! :cheermed:
Leslie36
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Eander5696 » January 20th, 2006, 10:38 am

You guys are so awesome.

Yes I have the BEST boyfriend out there. Hes very supportive, has even changed his eating habits so I won't have any temptations!

Im already back in the saddle, I cannot believe what happened, but it just showed me that addictions are a booger to beat, but you can only beat them if you keep going and going and going. :D
Food is fuel. Nothing more.

Eander5696
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.