TV Commercials

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

TV Commercials

Postby TamiL » February 8th, 2004, 4:21 am

Good morning to all..its day #6 for me..and Im headed off to work with my ready to drink shakes and my oatmeal!! I had the creamy tomato soup last night..and think I fell in LOVE!! ;) it was great and filling..and best of all..WARM!!!

I just wanted to write something real quick...I way laying in bed last night trying to fall asleep, watching some tv, which I normally read..but I was beat..and noticed ALL THE FOOD COMMERICALS!! I have read on this forum before about you all posting on the commericals, but I guess I NEVER really paid attention until now...untill your not putting in your mouth whatver you feel like...it really is almost as if every commerical is about FOOD..and worst off..JUNK FOOD!! I started laughing after the first few..only cause I thought...YUP...Im definatley seeing now...what you all have been talking about!! so I shut the TV off...and went to bed.
No food dreams YET..but I know they are coming!! I used to have them before..and would wake up in a sweat mad at myself for eating what I THOUGHT I ate..then once fully awake..would be sooooo glad I was just a dream!!!

its funny the tricks our minds play on us!! :twisted:

well...I hope you all had a great weekend...and some yummy shakes!
I tried mine with a straw last night..made my vanilla eggnong favorite with ice..nice and thick..and threw a straw in there...would have thought I was drinking a milkshake!! it was great!

happy shakin everyone :)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby shineface » February 8th, 2004, 7:04 am

TamiL---

You crack me up --- you have soooo much energy - I'm just waking up and hope to have as much by the time I head out to work ---ALTHOUGH since I've gone on MF my energy level has soared -- in the PAST I would still be hittin' the snooze button right about now instead of having one shake in me and reading and posting! GOD I love this forum and program and all of the wonderful people like you that are willing to do this with me.

As far as commercials -- notice they never show anyone even a little bit fat eating the food? They're always so healthy looking!!! Not possible on the "drive-thru/junk food diet" ---- been there & overdone that!!!!!!!

Have a great day slurpin' & shakin'!
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby HD » February 8th, 2004, 7:53 am

Talk about commercials, GAWD! I was sitting here last night slowly drinking my shake when all of a sudden I'm slammed with food,food.food. :tomato: I flipped through the channels and ended up on "The Lion King". That lasted for about 15 min. & the thought of a good book entered my food filled brain so I to chose to hit the sack and read. I really should just unplug the TV (I really don't have much time to watch it anyway) and take up all my extra time bugging you good folks :roll: !
Besides it's time we plugged in to "life" not junk food.
Keep it shakin ladies :cheers:
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 9th, 2004, 9:38 am

I have been on this for over 3 weeks now, although the hunger pains are gone, I still have to turn my head on some commercials because they are my favorite foods (foods I will have to only eat once a year after I have lost). ...and we wonder why the USA is the fattest nation in the world... :?
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 10th, 2004, 12:11 pm

hi Stephanie!

You know what I do? I have fitness magazines laying all over the coffee table. Name them I have them...Oxygen, shape, Muscle fitness for hers and ect... When these commercial came on I would just look away and grab one of the fitness magazine and either read an article or look at all these thin and more important HEALTHY people in those magazines...It reminded me of one of the main reason why I wanted to lose weight. To look really good yes...BUT more important To be very very healthy!! I'd love to be Fit ! Now...They can bring on all the food commercial they wanna.....After doing this looking away and grabbing health magazine...I don't look away anymore! I even smurk! I tell myself, thank GOd I'm not a fool anymore! No amount of pressure of commercial will have me hanging out a white flag .

hope I was of help to you!
Keep on shakin!

Nelly :toast:
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby finalstraw » February 10th, 2004, 12:47 pm

Great Idea, I need 'motivations pics or reminder pics'.

:D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Weight Loss