Do Citric and Other Acids Knock Out Ketosis??

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Do Citric and Other Acids Knock Out Ketosis??

Postby VictoriousNat » September 19th, 2006, 11:00 am

Can anyone answer this? My cousin just told me that I should not be having anything citric. I like to drink warm water with lemon every morning to cleanse my liver etc. I have been doing this for ages. But she said I must stop doing this as it will throw me out of ketosis. :shock: :cry: She said if I don't stop I will keep losing small quantities. :cry: Is this true? Maybe I did not read the materials properly.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mom2three » September 19th, 2006, 1:21 pm

Nat,

My book says that lemon juice is an approved seasoning for items, but it does have some carbs in it (it says about 15 grams per serving, how much a serving of lemon juice is, I'm not sure!!). I'm thinking that having some lemon with your tea should be fine, but I'm not an expert, I'm still figuring out all the acceptable carbs myself!!
Lynn :)

Start Date: Aug 13th, 2006
174/158/142

#10 09/08/2006
#20 10/20/2006 (finally!!)
Mom2three
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 19th, 2006, 1:43 pm

Nat...1 oz (2T) of fresh lemon juice is 8 calories and 3 carbs....I doubt it unless you're using alot more than that

I got the info from fitday
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 19th, 2006, 2:15 pm

Thanks guys. I can't imagine that 1/2 a lemon once a day could be so bad.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby Serendipity » September 19th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Here's what Nancy has to say about condiments.....lemon juice included:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... emon+juice

Hope this helps. I use just a little squeeze in my water sometimes, but I probably wouldn't use 4 tbl. in a day. I like to try to keep my carbs as low as possible. I even bought some of that carb free liquid splenda. I'm probably more careful than I need to be, though.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 19th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Serendipity wrote:Here's what Nancy has to say about condiments.....lemon juice included:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... emon+juice

Hope this helps. I use just a little squeeze in my water sometimes, but I probably wouldn't use 4 tbl. in a day. I like to try to keep my carbs as low as possible. I even bought some of that carb free liquid splenda. I'm probably more careful than I need to be, though.

Maybe but that's why you're down 100+ #. I can learn from you; I am new and I appreciate all your advice and wise help. This tough. Sigh
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby beeah_b » September 19th, 2006, 8:56 pm

hey VictoriousNat, look for this @ your grocery store. It was by the artificial sweetners at mine. TrueLemon Crystallized lemon. They come in little packs. One pack goes a long way for me, about 4-5 servings. 1 packet is 0 calories, 0g fat, 0mg sodium, Total Carbohydrate <1g, 0mg protein, 25% Vitamin C. I love to add some to my orange & banana creme shakes to intensify the fruit flavor. Their website is truelemonDOTcom
Going to restart Jun 2009, been gone since after surgery Oct06. Can't wait !
beeah_b
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 20th, 2006, 6:50 am

beeah_b wrote:hey VictoriousNat, look for this @ your grocery store. It was by the artificial sweetners at mine. TrueLemon Crystallized lemon. They come in little packs. One pack goes a long way for me, about 4-5 servings. 1 packet is 0 calories, 0g fat, 0mg sodium, Total Carbohydrate <1g, 0mg protein, 25% Vitamin C. I love to add some to my orange & banana creme shakes to intensify the fruit flavor. Their website is truelemonDOTcom

Thank you; I will check it out.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Return to Weight Loss