Chicken Chili

Add your favorite recipes.

Chicken Chili

Postby tink » June 8th, 2005, 9:39 am

I got the chili down just right last night! It was so tasty! I took the ideas from here and used chili powder, garlic powder, little cumin, and a splash of sugar free tomato sauce since I don't like chunks of tomatos. I also had prepared my chicken for my lean and green and I put the chicken in the chili! It was great! I had my salad on the side. I also have used my lean ground chuck in my chili! :mrgreen: Anywho just and idea .. I am sure somebody else has already done this but my taste buds yipped for joy! :boing:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » June 8th, 2005, 9:53 am

Tink--I too add these things to my chili and its great.. I cook mine on teh stove and have added salsa too. never tried the chicken in it but will soon--Thnaks--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby victoria7 » June 11th, 2005, 1:34 pm

Hi there,

I'm not trying to rain on your chicken chili parade... :-) and I'm 1.5 weeks *new*... So, I have a question about combining your lean & green with a supplement---Can you do that? I thought the idea was to space them out...

Thanks!

-V7
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby tink » June 13th, 2005, 5:35 am

Victoria7 - I am not 100% sure if we are allowed to combine a lean & green with a supplement. I myself do this very seldom and is just a "treat" for myself to enjoy the chili a bit more. I normally will eat a soup with my salad/lean in the evenings with the family when I do this.
tink

Postby victoria7 » June 13th, 2005, 12:17 pm

thanks, tink. :D
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » June 13th, 2005, 1:44 pm

Hi there, V7 and a BIG FAT Medi-thanks for raining on the chicken chili parade...

Chicken + Medifast Homestyle chili + salad = two meals at one time.

Remember our purpose is to maintain normal glucose levels, to eat small portions spaced throughout the day. Many overweight people get that way because they skip meals, eat one or two very large portions of high fat/ high calorie foods. Your Chicken Chili is low in fat, relatively low in calories but it is a larger portion than what your body needs at this particular one time - so calories above what is needed for bodily functioning will be stored and not shed.

It would be best to not get into a habit of eating double portions. It is better to eat two smaller meals spaced three hours apart than one larger meal spaced 5 hours apart.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby tink » June 13th, 2005, 1:53 pm

Nancy & V7 -

Nancy thanks for clarifying that. I have seen so many people post and they throw the "lean" in the chili or soup! I am glad V7 rained on my parade because I sure want to stay within the MF guidelines. I am pretty new at this myself and constantly learning. I will not do that again! SLAP my hand! :oops:
tink

Postby Nancy » June 13th, 2005, 2:01 pm

Aw, Tink ~

No slaps needed - we don't harm people here at MakeMeThinner.

I have commented on it (adding meat to the soup or chili) a number of times. It amuses me sometimes when people try to fix up their meal packets. One fourth cup of Hershey's syrup, a heapin' tablespoon of malt, and some whipped cream with a cherry make the Dutch Chocolate 55 shakes taste like a dream, too - but it's not great for weight loss or heart health...

Replacing old foody habits with new low cal/low fat small meal portions eaten evenly-spaced throughout the day takes time...you'll get there, Darlin'. This is the process of thinnin' and changing our thinkin' all in one - enjoy the trip!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine