centuryclub

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » July 13th, 2008, 5:47 pm

My prayers are with you and your Dad Century. ((((:hug:))))
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 14th, 2008, 9:47 am

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » July 14th, 2008, 10:08 am

I'm so sorry about your dad's accident, CC. Keep us posted when you get a chance.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lauren » July 14th, 2008, 12:10 pm

Thinking of you, Century! Positive thoughts and wishes being sent your way from all of us here!

Best to you and your family,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Lauren » July 21st, 2008, 8:07 am

Hey, Century! I just wanted to see how your father was doing, and how you and your family are holding up.

This is not a check in on how your MFing is doing, it's a check in on how YOU are doing. And I hope so much that things have taken a positive turn!

Best to you,

Lauren
Lauren

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 21st, 2008, 8:22 am

Just thinking of you, sending good thoughts and wishes to you and your family
BiggerInTexas

Postby centuryclub » July 23rd, 2008, 8:48 am

thanks for the support everyone. Dad is still in a coma, but is starting to show signs that he may be coming out (opening eyes more, reflexive movement in both legs). We're all hopeful and have got a lot of support from a lot of different people.

as for the MF, i stayed on plan for the first few days, went off for a little while (Was still eating MF food, but also some chocolates here and there, some fruits here and there, and a trip to duchess :shock: ) Surprisingly during that 8 day span of off planning it, I only gained 1.5 lbs. (It's really hard to not eat crackers/chocolates/fruits when everyone is sending you fruit baskets and baskets full of that stuff)

I've been back on for a few days, and have now lost that 1.5 plus some (down to 263.4 now). I'm going to be leaving for Florida next Monday to work (Mom says that us kids have to go on with our lives and such, not let this stop us from doing our routines). Good thing is that flying to Florida costs less than $100 each way, so pretty cheap

I'm just wondering about the L&G - it may be very hard for me to cook down in Florida (just no time...) I know some fast food joints have some sort of chicken salad concoctions available - are those okay as far as the L&G goes? If not, I guess I can just wake up a little early and have chicken & cucumber as the first meal of the day (hours on a campaign job are something like 9AM - 1AM)

I'm probably just gonna end up getting a cheap foreman grill and cooking like that.
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRxkE4s/]
[/url]

"It's only work if somebody makes you do it." - Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Always run off the field - you never know who's watching.
centuryclub
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 23rd, 2008, 9:36 am

I'm so glad you're seeing some improvement from your dad! Keep us posted on his progress. We'll keep praying for him!

Sorry I don't have any advice on L&G on the go. I'm too scared to go to a fast food restaurant right now. But I know it can be done successfully 'cause I have read posts from busy folk like you that do it that way, and they have found some really good choices and variety. I know there are some fast food places that actually have healthy options that aren't even on the menu that you can ask for. I wonder if there's a forum on this topic?
BiggerInTexas

Postby centuryclub » July 23rd, 2008, 9:37 am

thanks Tex. appreciate it.

Just wondering about the flavor infusers - can you take the antioxidant and momentum both? or is it one or the other? and how many antioxidant infusers a day (3 like momentum?)
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[/url]

centuryclub

Postby DogMa » July 23rd, 2008, 10:15 am

I never really went the fast-food route, either, but I know others have. Biggest thing is to get extra protein (like ask for double meat at Subway, which they'll do for a small fee). You can also get bagged salad and toss on some chicken or meat or whatever (either grilled ahead of time on a Foreman, or pulled off a rotisserie chicken or purchased pre-cooked; the pre-made stuff will be higher in sodium but otherwise it's usually OK).

And I'm glad your dad is showing some improvement.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SharonR » July 23rd, 2008, 2:06 pm

Hey there, I know that Jack in the Box has salads that are pretty good. I got one a couple of weeks ago, you can choose what kind of chicken and I just had the grilled, basically chicken, a little cheese and veggies. What gets you is the salad dressing, so I just put on a little. If you could buy a low cal dressing to have with you, that might work better for you.

I hope and pray your Dad comes around soon, I'm sure it's a real emotional time for you. Just know that if you stick to it, when your Dad does come out of the Coma he would be so proud of you for sticking to it. *hugs*
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » July 23rd, 2008, 9:37 pm

Glad you are hanging in there. Our prayers are with you and your family and we hope that your dad improves soon.

You have great advice about the L&G... listen to these great ladies.

As for infusers, since they are 5 cal each, the standard is a max of 5 total while on the 5+1 plan. So, you can do a max of 3 momentum (if you have no other caffeine in the day) and then 2 of the antioxidant... or whatever combination you like.

We are in Orlando ATM for the TSFL conference... here through Sunday.

Hang in there and we will keep the prayers going.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cydj21 » July 24th, 2008, 6:35 am

Hey CC!

I am the epitome of "on the go" these days and the way I manage my L/Gs is to make up a lot of one or two dishes at the beginning of the week. For instance, I've been into stuffed chicken a lot lately. I'll slice several breasts in half horizontally to basically make two thinner breasts, lightly salt/pepper each side, stuff them with some combination of veggies and diced garlic, roll them up, put a dash of olive oil on top so they brown up and then broil for about 8 - 9 minutes. It's quick, they keep in the fridge/reheat easily and they taste great so I can just grab two of the little rolls and even if I have to grab a garden salad out and about somewhere I know I'm set to go. Prep time is maybe 5 minutes and you can cook up a whole week's worth of chicken in 9 minutes while you're cleaning up and you're good to go.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your dad. Keep your chin up! You're doing great and I'm proud of you - I know how tough it is to stay on plan when life gets in the way of your best intentions. With the will there is a way, so just keep with it and you'll be so glad you did! :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 24th, 2008, 6:48 am

Thanks for the great recipe, Cyd!

Century, I think the chick I was talking to who eats almost all her L&G's on the go went online first and downloaded the ingredients/calories of different entrees at the places she went to most often. Then she compared it to L&G requirements and found combinations at the fast food places that matched. Some were even less carbs/calories than you can have in a meal.
BiggerInTexas

Postby centuryclub » July 25th, 2008, 8:55 am

So, Dad woke up from his coma. I don't know quite what that means - he still cant talk/breathe/move/regulate his own blood pressure, but he is apparently consciously aware of his surroundings, which is a good thing.

Anyway I ordered a 20 dollar foreman grill from Amazon on Wednesday. I selected the free 2 day shipping, but it came so fast - it was actually here yesterday. Cooked a chicken breast on it for dinner and it came out pretty good - quick & easy. That's probably what I'm gonna end up going. Grab a bag of cucumbers and some chicken.

Today I'm down to 262.8. My short term goal is to hit the 30 lb loss (261) by the end of the weekend, which is totally doable. I'm actually going to go to Wisconsin instead of Florida, and on the 31st instead of the 28th. My goal is to be in the 250s by the time I leave- also completely doable, and probably too conservative of a goal, but thats okay.

And about the infusers - I just want to make sure that I'm getting in all my antioxidants and such so that I don't get sick, especially as I'm going to be really really busy really really soon. What is the recommended number of antioxidant products to consume per day?
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[/url]

centuryclub

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal