carpe_diem

1 Thread per registered User.

carpe_diem

Postby carpe_diem » July 26th, 2009, 12:43 pm

I finally have a computer back and can start one of these journals.

I started MF on June 22, so tomorrow will be 5 weeks. I'm down 23 lbs (started at 267 and am now 244). It feels great. This is about where I've petered out on every other diet I've tried, but I'm going strong with this one. Losing this amount of weight in 5 weeks vs the 10-12 weeks I have in the past has helped me to stay motivated. Some days I struggle to get in my 5th MF meal, and there have been a couple of occasions where I've had to improvise because I've forgotten my food and had to make a 2nd, smaller L &G meal, but other than that, I'm doing great.

I've managed 5 days of camping and many other vacations with friends and family and have stuck with it. I'm even doing ok eating out. My best friend is on WW and we usually end up splitting a salad, using salsa for dressing, when we go out to lunch or dinner. The camping trip was especially brutal because we auctioned off a fully hosted camping trip for a silent auction. Doing all the cooking, helping the kids make apple cobbler in a dutch oven over the fire...pure torture! But I made it and I'm proud of myself!

My house is under major construction, but we've made the turn around and are starting to put things back together instead of taking things apart. By Wednesday, I should have my kitchen back after 5 weeks! Yay! I'm so tired of chicken breast and salad, which has been my staple while not being able to cook. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the recipes I've found when I have an oven and stove again.

One thing I haven't done is to begin to exercise. This is my goal for this week. I think I'll be able to dig out and make a place for my elliptical today, but if that doesn't pan out, I'm setting a goal to take the dog on a long, brisk walk at least 4 times this week. Exercising has always been tough for me, I think because I'm self-conscious of how I look when I'm doing it. I'm trying to get over that.

Cheers!
carpe_diem
Newbie - #20 Club

Re: carpe_diem

Postby sidrah » July 26th, 2009, 3:29 pm

Working out at home is just as good and no one has to see you! You are doing great, so far. Even walking around outside or in park to get some fresh air can be fun, too.

Whatever you have been doing, keep it up since it is working for you and it is making you stick with it when you have stopped on other programs in the past when you hit 5 weeks. Good luck. :thumbup:
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 28th, 2009, 7:14 am

Good job for the first five weeks! I am glad you survived vacation on plan-I didn't, so I admire you so much for that!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Stihl » July 29th, 2009, 3:55 am

Great job. Seems like you're definitely seizing the day

Goal 1: 195 by August 24th - CHECK
Goal 2: 157 by November 26th. lose 28.6#/73 days = .392#/day
Stihl
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby carpe_diem » August 2nd, 2009, 12:41 pm

Ugh. It's been a frustratingly slow week. I lost a pound, but didn't do much in the way of exercising due to a bad cold/cough. I found myself going to bed before my fifth MF meal most nights and that really screws up my energy level as well, I think.

Anyway, I'm on the mend and looking forward to a more productive week. I leave for the Grand Canyon with the family on Saturday and am still hoping to make my goal of being in the 230s before I go.

On a more positive note, I fit into a women's pair of Reef flip flops this week (and, of course, bought them!). For the past several years, I've had to get men's flip flops because my feet were too wide. So I'm loving my girly flip flops!
carpe_diem
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » August 3rd, 2009, 7:03 pm

Congratulations on your weight loss so far and for getting those women's Reef flip flops!! I'd love a pair, they are so comfortable (I slipped on a relative's to run outside for something and they felt great!).

Enjoy your vacation!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to My Journal