Cancer update from Johns Hopkins (Nevermind it was a hoax)

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Cancer update from Johns Hopkins (Nevermind it was a hoax)

Postby LiLYipper » July 12th, 2006, 9:46 am

Got this in an email and wanted to pass it on to my medi-friends...

Cancer update from Johns Hopkins:

1. No plastic containers in micro.

2. No water bottles in freezer.

3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer.

Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.

Recently, Dr.. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.

He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This applies to foods that contain! fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body.

Instead, he recommends using glass, Corning Ware or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.

He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

Also, he pointed out that Saran wrap is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food.

Cover food with a paper towel or use wax pape! r instead.

This is an article I believe you should forward to y our family and friends--anyone who is important in your life!
Last edited by LiLYipper on July 12th, 2006, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiLYipper
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 12th, 2006, 9:55 am

Can you provide a link to the article?
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby wildtrk » July 12th, 2006, 10:12 am

Arklahoma wrote:Can you provide a link to the article?

This is a well known hoax...if you google Dr. Fujiwhathisname you will see what I mean or I can PM you a link.

Either way...you should always "snope" this kind of stuff or watch the myth busters.
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LiLYipper » July 12th, 2006, 10:18 am

WHEW!!!! Thanks Wildtrk. I usually do snope (dot) com this kind of email...figures, the first time I don't do it, I post it!!! :oops: forgive me :oops:

www (dot) snopes (dot) com/medical/toxins/cookplastic (dot) asp
LiLYipper
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to What's Shakin'