Can I join too?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Can I join too?

Postby this is my life » October 23rd, 2005, 5:34 pm

Wow!
How lucky I am to have stumbled upon such a motivating message board.
Can I join your club? I have been through all of the major strssed in life except death in the past year and have packed on the weight. Things have clamed down and now it is time for me to jump back and take control of my life. This is NOT a dress rehearsal!

Anyway, I received my shipment and started on Friday. I look forward to reading everyone's succeses to keep me going. I am also looking forward to reading about the struggles and the learning experinences. My only hope is that I can help someone along the road. I weighed in @ 186 and would love to get to my goal weight of 134 by February. I am hoping that by Christmas I can be down 25 lbs. Lofty, but I will try and get there.

By the way...how much can you expect to lose on the program - full or the 5 + 1?

Thanks all!
this is my life

Welcome

Postby Jan » October 23rd, 2005, 7:13 pm

Hi There,
You have found a great place to share and ask questions. Everyone is soooo supportive and generally has great answers to your questions. I think the people who are most successful on program use the forum. You know, the members hold each other accountable and it is really hard to let everyone down. (But then they are a rather forgiving group :lol: ) Now to your question about weight loss. Each of us is an idividual and we each part with the pounds at our own rate. Generally speaking you will be able to part with 15 - 20 pounds your first month on program. But that is only a generality. Some people lose more -- some less. I haven't noticed a great difference in loss using the complete program or the 5- 1. On the 5 - 1 you just must be very compliant, and weight and measure your lean and green. Meats weight differently according to what kind they are. So, get out the scale and make certain. A given number of ounces of chicken looks like quite a bit more than the same number of oz of beef. At least to me!! 8) You don't want to eat toooo little or toooo much.
You'll do fine ---- Welcome to the group :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

greetings!

Postby oregonrose » October 23rd, 2005, 7:17 pm

HI! glad to meet you. I can honestly tell you that this program is the best and it works! The energy I feel is sooo much better than the drowsy existence when eating regular food. The first few days are hard, all I can tell you is to stick to it and it gets better. no hunger, the sugar/bread cravings stop-- it all gets better after the first few days. hang in there and you can e-mail me any time for support- plus we'll see you here. so whats your name? keep shakin' nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Gwenski » October 24th, 2005, 1:26 pm

Welcome and you are right - this place ROCKS!!! Nothing like being understood and having support right at your finger tips.

Jan is on top of telling you that everyone looses at their own rate and compliance is KEY to whatever MF you choose. I love the 5 & 1 cause I am learning to taste and enjoy each but rather than mow it down simply because it is in front of me. If you think the chicken portion is large, try it with Turkey - woo hoo!!!

Hang in there - the first few days are odd but well worth it -- don't forget the water, it is your friend --- we don't tell tales here.

Best wishes! :mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Michelle1210 » October 24th, 2005, 2:21 pm

Welcome,
I too just recently joined this group of wonderful people :D I'am still trying to figure out how the *time stamp* works seems to me some already started tomarrow :mrgreen:

I just ordered my shipment and should be here any day now :roll: twiddle twiddle my thumbs :D
Starting Date 10/31/05
Weight 221/208

Michelle1210
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » October 24th, 2005, 6:25 pm

Welcome to the forum, :D
This place is full of great people and great ideas. Come here often for lots of encouragement. As far as weight loss, it varies as Jan says. I lost my first 20 lbs on the 5 & 1 in 26 days if that helps. Jade

Postby dlr2424 » October 25th, 2005, 5:38 pm

This is my life..... :D ......WELCOME to you!!!!!!...... :hmmm: ....and you mentioned "My only hope is that I can help someone along the way"................trust me... :you: ..you will bless many on this board and I'm sure will become an inspiration to many as well........ ;) ...so follow the plan and you will be deflabbing at rocket speed...... :drive: ......

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room