I can't believe I found this....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I can't believe I found this....

Postby kayh77 » July 26th, 2008, 3:41 pm

I cannot tell you all how happy I found this support board ... AGAIN...
almost 2 years ago I found it by someone on the 'main' MF board sending me the link, I have a different computer now and couldn't remember this site... anyway.... I am almost at goal now having lost 150 lbs, 10 more to go. I keep pushing the envelope saying, oh just another few more lbs to lose.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Medifast...... I will probably always use it in some way on my maintainence. I do have issues with loose skin, ALOT of loose skin, and at times it gets me down, but for now, I just can't afford that, and I don't think I can face surgery... that way how I found medifast. I was soooo big and needed WLS but was afraid of it... so I researched the web and found my answer. I haven't even read any threads here today, I am so thrilled to have found this site again....
:D
Kay
kayh77
First Post

Postby Mike » July 26th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Congrats, welcome and great job. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: I can't believe I found this....

Postby Guest » July 30th, 2008, 8:37 am

kayh77 wrote:I cannot tell you all how happy I found this support board ... AGAIN...
almost 2 years ago I found it by someone on the 'main' MF board sending me the link, I have a different computer now and couldn't remember this site... anyway.... I am almost at goal now having lost 150 lbs, 10 more to go. I keep pushing the envelope saying, oh just another few more lbs to lose.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Medifast...... I will probably always use it in some way on my maintainence. I do have issues with loose skin, ALOT of loose skin, and at times it gets me down, but for now, I just can't afford that, and I don't think I can face surgery... that way how I found medifast. I was soooo big and needed WLS but was afraid of it... so I researched the web and found my answer. I haven't even read any threads here today, I am so thrilled to have found this site again....
:D
Kay

Kay, a couple of us (myself and Lauren) have had surgery recently. Mine was last November and I think hers was sometime around the first of the year. Look around for our posts, we both chronicled in detail many of our experiences with the surgery. I know I'm very happy with my results, and I'm pretty sure she is too. Best of luck with your decision.

re:

Postby Grayson here.... » July 30th, 2008, 8:39 am

^^^ That was posted by Grayson, not sure why my name didn't show up. My thread is in the Weight Loss forum ("Question for people losing more than 100 lbs.) and Lauren's is in the Maintenance forum.
Grayson here....

Postby nickieluv » July 30th, 2008, 8:54 am

What a great success story! You have lost an amazing amount of weight - I'm glad you found us, too, we can help you stay strong for those last ten pounds and you can help the community by sharing your success! By the time I'm done I will have lost about 130 pounds total and I'm hoping I have some good genetics in me somewhere to avoid the loose skin - but only time will tell. I hope you read about the surgeries and it helps you feel more hopeful. Welcome!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Lauren » July 30th, 2008, 11:20 am

Wow, Grayson, you just pop up in the most random of places! Thanks for referencing me, and yes, it was around the first of the year, you rock!

How are you feeling?

Oh, and Kay, you've done fantastically well, and I am thrilled for you! And to reiterate what Grayson said, if you have any questions, let us know!

Cheers,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Guest » July 30th, 2008, 12:31 pm

Lauren wrote:Wow, Grayson, you just pop up in the most random of places! Thanks for referencing me, and yes, it was around the first of the year, you rock!

How are you feeling?

Oh, and Kay, you've done fantastically well, and I am thrilled for you! And to reiterate what Grayson said, if you have any questions, let us know!

Cheers,

Lauren

Sorry...I check in from time to time but don't really have a regular pattern. :mrgreen:

I feel really good, most of my swelling is gone except for a little lumpiness between my (new) belly button and scar. By the way, I just noticed the other day that my belly button scar has really faded and is hard to see. My main scar looks great too. I keep getting lots of compliments and have felt pretty comfortable swimming this summer. Went to Florida with my family Memorial Day weekend and it was the first time they'd seen me since my surgery (and really the first time they'd seen me w/ my shirt off in 10+ years...). They were impressed. :D

I think my ideal weight is between 180-185 and I'm about 193 right now, so I'm a little heavy. I've been lifting a lot but need to lose about 10 extra pounds anyway. Overall I'm very happy though!

Also, I have had a new girlfriend for about 5 months. Not sure what your situation is, but in case you haven't been in that position yet (no offense!) and have been wondering, my scar was not a problem at all, if you know what I mean.... I was obviously apprehensive about it at first but it simply was not even an issue!

Postby Mike » July 30th, 2008, 1:09 pm

Kay... Sent you a PM.

Grayson... I sent you an e-mail regarding your log-in issues.

Lauren... you just keep on rockin'

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.