Caligirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Denise » August 4th, 2006, 7:33 am

4 glasses of wine...I bet you did have quite a headache! I have gone out and had 2 glasses of wine...got loopey and had a killer headache the next day! I will also admit to actually going to a BBQ ..thinking I would be compliant and "spiking" my cranberry mango supplement with vodka!...It was quite tasty...but not exactly what I had in mind when I went out that day!
Don't let anything that is said here on this forum...bring you down!
There is more good here than "evil"...and we are all working towards the same goal.
You will always be safe here!

Denise :D
Denise
Preferred member

Postby caligirl » August 4th, 2006, 9:40 am

Thank you all for your support.
I was really having a bad day that day, and so I took it really personally.
Your kind words and a success on the scale has brought me around.
I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water here, I'll stick around. I'm resigned to lose this weight, and in my first month I've lost 17.5 pounds, so I must be doing something right!

Thanks again! :-P
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right... Henry Ford

caligirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby SharonR » August 4th, 2006, 10:01 am

jump4joy wrote:His comments to you were very rude. He's a self-confessed jerk, and that's a true assessment, IMO. You don't have to "prove him" anything...he's not even a blip on your radar! Don't give him, or anyone else, the power to affect you one way or the other. I thought Robin did a good job putting him in his place.

Please don't go away....you would be missed!

Joy :heart:

DITO! Joy, your awesome, you know that? :mrgreen:

I have been discouraged by people on this board before, but the good outweigh the bad, trust me.

We love ya caligirl, you ain't goin anywhere! 8)
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby caligirl » August 10th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Well, I've got aunt flo and it's a killer. I can't believe how hungry I've been. AND the scale went up 4 pounds (I'm on my 2nd day)... I can't believe it!!! :x
I'm sticking to the plan, so I'm not going to let it get me down.
I wonder if it's normal to fluctuate so much...
I'm drinking a ton of water though.
:water:

caligirl

Postby jump4joy » August 10th, 2006, 4:59 pm

I can commiserate with you.....flo came yesterday for me and I've felt bloated and ravenously hungry too. I feel your pain! I think the water weight fluctuation is normal....it is for me, anyways. I'm sticking to the plan too and staying away from my scale till next week.

Hang in there! Next week should be easier for us if we can tough it out this week. :hug:

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » August 10th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Yes, fluctuating 4 pounds or even more is perfectly normal. Hang in there, and it'll be gone again in no time.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 10th, 2006, 8:23 pm

You are doing so good! Over 17 lbs gone wooohooo.

You are doing this for YOU and no one else! You will be strong and make your goal I am sure!

It is always good to see husbands being supportive os us during this time as I know not everyone is that lucky!

I am glad you decided to hang around--I look forward to getting to know you as you shrink :D
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

back in the saddle

Postby caligirl » August 18th, 2006, 3:57 pm

Well, I'd gone a little off plan last weekend, we had a family visiting Sat and Sunday, and it's amazing how hard it is to get back going... Although I didn't gain but a couple pounds, I surely suffered getting back on plan. I'm doing well now, and have lost 20lbs... Not reporting much loss for the last 2 weeks, just 1.5 pounds. But better than giving up, that's for sure. I'm ready for the second leg of the relay!!!
Now I'm going to start exercising along with dieting. Walking to start. I need to get my ankle flexible again. I hope it helps me lose a little quicker too. I've got a challenge coming on Sunday. Another family BBQ, but I'll just have meat and salad. It can work.
I posted my 20 pound pics on my studio, but they're just pics of the face so far. Don't have enough courage to do body shots yet... Although I've gone down 2 sizes, I don't see a difference yet. Just in my face.
I'm highly motivated to do well this coming week, since we're going to Palm Springs the week after. I'll be in a swimsuit all week, so I'll be reminded all too well, that 20 #'s isn't enough!!! But better than if I hadn't lost it. Or worse, if I'd gained more!!!
Happy shakn'! :mrgreen:

caligirl

Postby DogMa » August 18th, 2006, 9:36 pm

Glad to hear you're back on track. The bbq can be a snap if you focus on your goal. I'd also suggest eating something beforehand, so you're not that hungry around all the tempting foods. And maybe bringing soy crisps to munch on, if you have them.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Previous

Return to My Journal