BOSTON!!!!!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

BOSTON!!!!!

Postby 340-6-pack » February 8th, 2008, 2:25 pm

Hey all,

I am traveling to BOSTON this week and want to know what to do and what to see???

PLEASE give me your MUST see/do things while I am in the area! I will be going to a Bruins gams as well as a Celtics game...and hope to get to NY for a day or two!

So tell me what should I see/do???????

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

340-6-pack
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » February 9th, 2008, 12:47 am

We visited in April of '04 (did you know that Maine is closed until the end of April? - literally). Anyhow, last day before coming home we went to Boston. We took in the city tour (old historic sights on the big bus.... on of the stops was at a Stahbuck ;) ) Anyhow, Fanuel Hall, Bunker Hill, Paul Revere, The Old Church, and even the outside of the bar that was used for the Cheers flag. We had a blast.

We wanted to goto the opening of the Yankees/Sox, but were too tired and cold to do that.

Given the time of year, bundle up.... and enjoy.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby KellyC » February 9th, 2008, 1:22 pm

I don't know ifyou have kids.. but there is a truly awesome childrens science museum in boston.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » February 10th, 2008, 6:59 am

We took a great bus tour where you can get off and on as much as you want at stops all over the city, so you can see what you want but skip the stuff that doesn't interest you. The Duck tours are also great (on amphibious vehicles).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Boston is fun

Postby mombarnes » February 11th, 2008, 7:36 am

I just returned to NC from living in Boston for 6 mos & NYC for over a year (for work). I agree that the tours are the best way to see both cities. On the tour buses, you can see the highlights and also decide what you want to come back to.
In Boston, you should go to Faneil Hall marketplace (but avoid the wonderful food court!) and check out the tour booth there. The aquarium in Boston is truly fabulous & has the best crowd of penguins that I have ever seen. If you have transportation, Salem is also interesting for the witch stuff as well as The House of Seven Gables.
NYC is just too-too. I can't even think of all the marvelous things there. Times Square, the Village, the wonderful museums (especially the Met), Lincoln Center aaaaaaaaaaaagh!!
Both cities are great walking cities, so you shouldn't have too much trouble keeping up with your activity level; in both places, I got subway/bus passes and then walked everywhere.
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby GucciGoo » February 11th, 2008, 7:51 am

You can walk around the Hahvaad campus. It is beautiful.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby suzyq » February 11th, 2008, 10:04 am

Well it is 10 - 20 degrees in Boston today with a nasty wind so I wouldn't suggest walking anywhere! The Duck Tours are closed for the winter - I'm not sure about the Trolley Tours. The Museum of Fine Arts is great to visit, as is Old North Church, Paul Revere's house, "Cheers", and the Public Gardens. Lexington is a 15 minute drive, Concord about 30 - there you can visit Lexington Green and the Minute Man National Parks, Concord has the North Bridge and several monuments. The Museum of Science (OMNI Theater too!) and Aquarium are great! Fanueil Hall is fun but it is probably too cold. If it warms up you should take a tour of Fenway Park!

Good luck!
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq

Return to What's Shakin'