Bermuda

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Bermuda

Postby GucciGoo » July 9th, 2006, 10:11 am

So... Has anyone been to Bermuda? We are leaving on Saturday and I would love to hear some ideas on where to sightsee/play on the beach/ eat (yes! eat!)
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JeepGirl » July 9th, 2006, 11:48 am

We've never been but would love to!!

I just wanted to tell ya what a great new avatar you have *smiles*
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 9th, 2006, 12:47 pm

ah, bermuda, the most expensive of all the islands. seriously, the food is bland. not at all spectacular or different, but there are some fantastic places to snorkel. hit up church bay; it's nice and sheltered. you can see some amazing things. around the island, there are lots of wrecks to make things interesting.

be careful when you are on the true atlantic side of the island, because there currents are tricky and VERY unpredictable. the people are reasonably friendly, and tourism is like 90% of the island's income, so as long as you are polite, you should have a great time.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Elke » July 9th, 2006, 12:50 pm

I have dreamed of going there but *sigh* never made it.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby VickyJ » July 9th, 2006, 1:20 pm

Bermuda is beautiful! It has been many years since my visit, so I don't know of the current best places to eat or visit. I do highly recommend that you rent mopeds for a day. That was my favorite thing about Bermuda. While on your mopeds, be sure to visit Horseshoe Bay. We didn't swim, but just enjoyed the beach and the view....breathtaking! Have a wonderful trip!

VickyJ
VickyJ
Start Date: 7/8/06 166 Goal: 11/9/06 140

VickyJ
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby JKSRN » July 9th, 2006, 4:15 pm

I agree with Vicky, it is lovely there. We rented mopeds while there and rode along the water for the scenery and then found many private coves. It was like having our own little private beach. You can take a ferry across, depending on which side of the bay you are staying on, and visit Hamilton, their main shopping district, or go the other way toward the Atlantic beaches. Bermuda is great!
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Return to What's Shakin'