Am I being too strict?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Am I being too strict?

Postby nickieluv » March 31st, 2007, 5:59 pm

I know, ironic question after my cheat this week. But....

Tonight I still need 2 supps before bed and I'm going to have cocoa and a bar - even though I already had a bar today. I have never had 2 bars in a day before, and I know it's not recommended - but is it cheating?

I feel like I am still being compliant - but I need some comfort food. I could make myself eat 2 chilis again (and probably that's what I'm going to do because I do feel like it would be cheating to have another bar - hence the title of my post) but that's not what I want.

Is part of this learning to deny myself when I feel I want something decadent? If I want a 2nd bar is it non-compliant - or simply not recommended? Will it lead me down a bad path?

Well, I'm going to go have chili because I just don't feel it's right to have another bar. But although it's certainly not right to do it every day, again, say I only had bars left in the cupboard - could I have 2 without it being cheating? Am I only thinking it's cheating because they taste too good?
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby nickieluv » March 31st, 2007, 6:25 pm

And I want to say that I do know I need to space my meals better and not have to eat 2 supps at once so much - this week has been bad as far as timing goes. Usually I'm really good. But I haven't been hungry much, either, and when I get busy I forget to eat regularly. My RTDs will help that, I think, when they come - then I can truly just grab something and not have to even nuke it, and just keep right on going with my projects.
nickieluv

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » March 31st, 2007, 7:30 pm

I've done that many times, and it does slow the weightloss. But it's better than cheating with non-plan foods. It is not recommended to eat bars late in the evening,though I do eat a bar as my movie snack on dates with my hubby. :mrgreen:

I just started using the RTDs and they are great to take along when it's inconvenient to shake or nuke. ;)
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » March 31st, 2007, 10:47 pm

Technically, two bars in a day is not 100% program compliance as it states, no more than 1 bar a day. Have I done it... yes. Do I suggest it, only if you are exercising alot.
The main thing with the bars isn't just that it has more calories, but it has extra sugar. Not just carbs, but sugar carbs. Be careful with the bars.

I think the decision to go with the chili is better, although if you are going to have double meals, I would just have a double cocoa (I have been known to do this on days that I don't do an L&G and have 6-7 meals instead).

Its all about choices, and I think you made a good one tonight Nickie by not having the 2nd bar. Keep it up girl, you are doing great.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 1st, 2007, 1:21 am

I just don't order bars anymore because they DO taste so good, so it's a non-issue. I had to stop when I demanded one in the middle of the night (I already had them locked up)and kept falling asleep eating it and got chocolate smears all over my pillow. My husband tried to remove it from my greedy little fist while I was sleeping and I yelled "Give it back!" Major red flag!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 1st, 2007, 7:16 am

Nickie, I think you knew the answer already when you chose the chili. I wish we could have 5 bars a day and our L & G. They are easy and pretty tasty. You also have the added problem of getting down to fewer choices of supplements, which makes it a bit harder to not want to have another bar.

I think any time we aren't following the guidelines in the Quick Start guide, that we are not compliant. So, if we get strict on definitions, even though I've not consumed 'off program' foods, I've not had my supplements on time, not had all 5 supplements a couple of days and I do believe I had one day where two bars were eaten :shock: ---yep, ;) I did! :lol: :lol: :lol: So......technically, I can't say I've been 100% compliant......if we get that picky about what compliant means. (But, I still call myself compliant and am going to continue to do so, LOL.)

You made a great choice by chosing the chili because it will aid you in getting the weight off better than the second bar would have. Good choice in a tempting situation!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby nickieluv » April 1st, 2007, 6:02 pm

I am starting to realize that when I have these questions, I already know the answer most of the time. Part of me always wishes, though, that the answer were different. :? Thanks for chiming in, everybody. And Mike, I've had a double cocoa once before but I'm really low on choices right now. But it was goo-ooo-oood. :D
nickieluv

Postby 2getskinny » April 10th, 2007, 11:54 pm

The RTD shakes will help ALOT! I keep them on hand at all times, When I am in my office working I have one sitting on my desk so I don't forget. Today I ran to get a manicure and a hair cut, guess what came with me in my handbag...........RTD shake and did I drink it.........Yeppers and I also had a bottle of water with me. It sure helps! I have ordered them 3 times already and keep them in the fridge at all times. They will be coming with me in my motor home also on our trip this week. Some people don't like them but I am use to them and enjoy them alot now.
2getskinny

Return to Weight Loss