Been sick

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Been sick

Postby jump4joy » May 4th, 2006, 9:49 am

Hi gang....I haven't participated much this past week because I've been sick as a dog :puke: (sorry...couldn't resist the visual..hee!) with a terrible MISERABLE headcold/flu. I was too sick to stay on plan and ate crackers, toast, s.f. popsicles (for my sore throat)....you know, sick food. I had my MF supplements too when I could, but didn't want to develop an aversion to them, so I did the best I could. I went up a couple of pounds when I went out of ketosis, but strangely, didn't lose any weight even though I didn't each much at all. The crackers and toast were the only things I ate off program. Anyway, yesterday I got back on-plan and did the full-fast using six supplements and I'm back down to where I was before (198.6). Just trying to stick it out today and tomorrow till I get back in ketosis-land. It's HARD....I've got the munchies so bad but I WON'T give into them! :aarggh: I still have a bad cough but feeling tons better. :mrgreen:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » May 4th, 2006, 9:54 am

Sorry to hear that you were so sick :( I am glad you are feeling better. Isn't it great that we can take off what we gain when we are sick so quickly? I've had to deal with a bad flu while on MF and now knee surgery. I gained 5 pounds last week eating off plan but I have already lost 4 of those pesky 5 pounds.

I did the same thing you are doing - I did the 6/0 plan for 3 or 4 days and then went back to 5%1.

Hang in there - you can do it!!!!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby fatfree » May 4th, 2006, 10:03 am

hi jump4joy!

Hey I noticed you are from Utah! Thats where I was born and raised.
But I am a New Mexican now :lol:
I am sorry to hear that you have been sooooo sick, but glad to hear that you are on the mend.
I have had many starts and stops but Im doing pretty good right now.............but I have to have surgery at the end part of the month and I am really worried that I will stop medifasting and not get back on!! :uhuh:
I hope to try to stay on plan while in the hospital but that could prove a bit difficult.
It sounds like you are doing good because you started right back up when you got feeling better. Just dont get discouraged when you have the hungries until you get back in ketosis.
Good Luck and keep Shaking!!
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby jump4joy » May 4th, 2006, 11:08 am

Thanks Michelle and Fatfree (what part of Utah are you from?). Sickness, surgeries....life has a way of upsetting our best-laid plans, huh! I hope your knee will heal quickly, Michelle, and I'm glad you were able to get right back on plan....it's funny that you did the same thing I'm planning to do (6/0 for several days, then back on 5 & 1)...glad you shared. :)

I'm glad you're doing well now Fatfree, after many starts and stops (been there and done THAT too!). Keep on creating the momentum you have and hopefully you'll be able to keep going after your surgery....you can do it! (hospital food isn't very good anyway....that's a good idea to try to stay on-plan during your stay---stock up on some RTD's to take with you).

Thanks for the encouragement! :D
jump4joy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 4th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Glad you're feeling better! I'm glad you're back! My Mom lives in SLC in the Avenues, so I get there as often as I can! Glad you're back and shaking with us!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jump4joy » May 4th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Thanks DeDe! I'd love to meet with you next time you're visiting your mom....I was wishing I lived in Arizona so I could go to the meeting you've planned. :rose:
jump4joy

Postby fatfree » May 4th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Born in Brigham City UT, also lived in Roosevelt UT. You might not of heard of these places.....they are fairly small towns. I do miss Utah at times, like the good camping and stuff we used to do there :lol:
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree

Postby jump4joy » May 4th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Oh yes, of course I've heard of them....I think of Peoa or Goshun as small towns. :lol: I live in Bountiful, and I've been through Roosevelt and Brigham City in my travels....Brigham City is so pretty and rural....a nice place to be from. I'm originally from Idaho Falls, but have lived in Bountiful (mostly) since 1969, and I'll probably stay here the rest of my life. I love it here!
jump4joy

Postby fatfree » May 4th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Too cool! It truely is a small world isnt it?!
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree

Return to The Weight Room