Been lurking ....so here goes....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Been lurking ....so here goes....

Postby Kim » March 6th, 2005, 12:44 am

Hi everyone. I have been lurking on the boards for a week while I silently restarted MF. I've had a bumpy road in two previous tries - but I think that I've worked through some of the resistance and other issues I had about going down this road.

When I was last on the board I mentioned getting derailed when my husband brought home a 5 # bag of m & m's...since then I've hit a milestone in that I turned 40. I had hoped when I started this journey to be halfway to my goal by my 40th birthday. Instead I am restarting. I took a week and went to WW with a friend and planned on doing that - but realized that I really don't like the counting, weighing, thinking etc. and having so many choices at this point.

My husband was kind of frustrated with me when I started, stopped, started, stopped etc. Then when I restarted MF a week ago this last Friday he said - you know at first I was frustrated but then I realized that this is a battle, kind of like trying to quit smoking - and it often can take many attempts to quit to find success. So he told me that he was proud of me for not giving up. I appreciated that and told him never to bring m & m's into my house again!! :)

I bought a Nordicktrack treadmill and a small weight set and have been slowly starting to work with those. Nothing much so far - just a 20 minute walk a day and 5 minutes of light weights to start.

So I'm back to see how everyone is doing and to give and find encouragement along the way. I have a major event in June as I'll finish graduate school and get to graduate in Vermont with my husband and 3 kids watching. I definately want to have the weight off by then so that is my goal.

In my first week back I lost 5 pounds. I am really enjoying not having to do 3 shakes in the morning. Although I really like them I have found that starting with oatmeal and then having the other two shakes sets much better with my body and keeps me more satisfied.

Sorry this has been so long - so I'll sign off. Have a good night :-P
2/25/05 Start Date
170/165/125 (by 6/1/05)
5'3"
Kim

Postby Kauket » March 6th, 2005, 6:15 am

Hi Kim!

My hubby is really bad about sabotaging diets too. I don't think he realizes he's doing it though. (Like, on day 4 of MF he talked me into picking up dinner in the grocery store for him and the kids.. ARGH I never realized how many yummy smells are in a grocery store. Every aisle has a different one. :) And we can't forget the Pizza they ordered during my second week. :) Hubby got an earful after the trip to the grocery store, but the pizza I just hunched over my computer and tried to ignore it. It's good that you told him no more M&Ms, I think spouses just don't think, and they're so used to those gifts being welcomed with open arms it doesn't click yet.

Anyway, welcome to the board, there's a great group of people here and they'll all be along shortly to say g'morning and welcome. :) (I think right now the ones that are awake are too busy dancing by their scales because today is weekly weigh-in day.
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby doglover » March 6th, 2005, 6:39 am

Good morning Kim and welcome! My hubby does a great job while I am dieting, but the min. I reach goal he starts to bring home ice cream, cookies, etc! So this time it will be different as he is also trying to lose weight and wants to keep it off! He has not much to lose but he is dedicated!

Keep us posted on your progress and come here if you are having a bad day! This is a great place to take your mind off anything! The people here are so friendly and positive!

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 6th, 2005, 7:27 am

Kim....SOOO glad you joined us...whether it's your 1st time ...2nd time...or 100th time...it never matters...the people here are full of love!!! :heart: ....ALWAYS giving support.....the great thing is you picked yourself up...didn't give up...and started the journey again...I applaud you and can't wait to see pictures of the NEW YOU...THE SMALLER YOU.. as you recieve your GRADUATE DEGREE!!!!!! with your family there...by the way...that in itself is something to be very proud of. Looking forward to sharing your successes with you. :D

Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Spunky » March 6th, 2005, 7:28 am

Kim, I am so proud of you! Way to hold your ground with your husband, it sounds like he is coming around and being supportive. If he ever brings in those M&M's again, scatter them across the flower bed and give them a treat.

It sounds like you have a lot of stress going on in your life with grad school and family. This is all about you this time. I know YOU can do it! The oatmeal in the morning will keep you on track, that's what I do also. If you ever need someone to keep you motivated, write me, or keep posting and reading the support forum. We are here for you.

You will reach your goal. Just invision yourself walking up to get that magical diploma and smiling back at your supportive family in your new thinner self. You are on your way!
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

thanks

Postby Kim » March 6th, 2005, 11:17 am

for the nice responses and support! I appreciate it. It's nice to know that others have the same issues. When I started MF my husband was doing it with me to lose about 10-15 pounds. It took him about 2 weeks so he didn't have to deal with being on "the plan" for a long period. Now he does it during the day at his school and has pretty well maintained. When he has gone off of it and gained a few pounds back he goes back on and loses really quickly.

At any rate - I think that having a shorter period of time to reach goal is better for me as I do better when under a bit of pressure. I've always been that way in work and school as well. When I started I was 10 mths away from graduation. Now I am about 13 weeks away so I feel much more determined.

I hope that you all have a good weigh in day! :)
2/25/05 Start Date
170/165/125 (by 6/1/05)
5'3"
Kim

Return to Come on in.