I am backand will go the distance this time

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am backand will go the distance this time

Postby peaches » December 30th, 2005, 7:22 pm

Hi gang.
I am back on medifast and on my 4th. day.the first 3 was really rough.I am doing better now. I was so dumb to quit I was off all my diabetics medicine and my knee was doing good.I went from 230 to170 I lost 60lbs I didn,t gain it all back but most of it I did. I am starting out at 219 lbs.and this is my 4 day and I am already loseing but I will weigh in monday morn. and I will let you know how I done. this time I will go to my130 lbs. so no one probably isn;t as silly as I was. I went from a size 20 to a 14 everone told me how nice I looked so why did I do what I done I still don;t know why I did what I did besides being stupid. I am back on my diabetics medicine but I plan on being off it again soon my Dr. said I had to get back on medifast so I did .He said he highly receemend it. so I told him I would and here I am 4th. day.and doing ok .We are going to a new year party new years eve so I haft to go prepared I am fixing a pack of soup and a couple shakes and taking them with me .I should have started after New years but my sugar was up and Dr. said now so I did.
hope this isn;t to long I just wanted to tell you all what was going on.
Peaches :oops: :cry:
peaches

Back Again

Postby Jan » December 30th, 2005, 11:49 pm

Hi Peaches,
It sounds like to have a very smart Dr. :D I'm glad you are back on program. Soon the blood sugar will be down and the meds gone again. We all learn from our experiences soooo just say the first time was a learning experience. At least you came back before all the pounds were back :mrgreen: You've learned -- now you'll be parting with the pounds again and keeping them off.
I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby ljm498 » December 31st, 2005, 7:21 am

Welcome back Peaches. It sounds like you're already on your way to a great start!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

lynne you sure are knocking pounds down

Postby peaches » December 31st, 2005, 11:56 am

hooray for Lynne , you are really doing a excelant job.just don.t give up like I did and stay with it till you get to your goal i am :D for you.
peaches
peaches

Postby peaches » December 31st, 2005, 12:03 pm

HI Jan,
Thank you very much for the encouragement .Tris time I will be smart enough to go to my goal .

peaches
peaches

Postby LilMsTexas » January 1st, 2006, 7:03 am

Happy New Year Peaches,

I am especially excited to take this journey with you. If you have ever read any of my posts from this past year you will see that I also a diabetic. Within 2 weeks of being on medifast I was off of all my diabetes medication. I haven't gone back to my medication, but my sugars have NOT been in good control since not doing my medifast religiously. But I will tell you, when I was doing my maintenance correctly I didn't have to go back to meds. I use my medifast as my diabetes medication and it really works. I would much rather have a shake and an oatmeal and a bar a day than to take all those pills!!

Let's get started back up together and we'll be happy and healthy in 2006 with NO MORE PILLS!!!

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

HI Christi.

Postby peaches » January 2nd, 2006, 8:07 am

Christi,
I.ll be happy to take this journey with you . I want off all these meds. and I want to feel good again like I used to . this diabetics is for the birds I don.t like being ruled by medicine. I am on my way again .I lost 5and 1/2lbs. this week so lets just keep going
peaches
starting wt.219
TOday wt.213 1/2
goal 130 lbs
peaches

Postby suzyq » January 2nd, 2006, 9:41 am

Welcome back Peaches and Christi!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » January 2nd, 2006, 10:54 am

Peaches ~

You will soon kiss the teens good-bye and will slide under the 210 line and you will feel so much better. Don't kick yourself for your digression. I think that you have learned a very :angel: good lesson - this is not a temporary fix to a serious health problem - :bib: eating healthy most every single day is what we must do if we are to maintain a healthy weight and more importantly, a normal glucose reading.

Medifast foods are low glycemic. That's a good thing for people with and without diabetes! :mrgreen:

When you monitored what you ate, had your Medimeals on time, you lost the unwanted flabber, you :boing: felt great, you :whistle: looked great, your mental outlook was :thumbsup: positive and your :weightlift: energy level was superb and you didn't require costly prescription drugs and deal with the side-effects from the drugs when you were eating the right things.

You are off to a :hug: good start now. You have already lost some flabber and now you are heading towards your goal.

:secret: I know you can do it, Peaches. Elmer will soon notice and then the pinching and hugging begins! :roflmao:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby peaches » January 2nd, 2006, 2:22 pm

Nancy and suzi,
thank you both so much.Nancy I feel so much better just knowing that I am on the road again and going the right way again I sure did learn the hard way I thought I couldn.t afford to stay on medifact but now I see I can;t afford not to stay on medifast. Its better to cut down on something else and to keep my health is whats Important. I learned a very valuable lesson It just caused me a do over but I;ll be smarter this time around .I will mKE MY GOAL.
PEACHES :)
peaches

Postby Nancy » January 2nd, 2006, 3:16 pm

Yup,
Its better to cut down on something else and to keep my health is whats Important
you are so right, Peaches. In the long run, it not only saves you $ in pharmacy bills but more importantly it also saves your life to keep a normal blood sugar reading. The medications to regulate a person's glucose have nasty side effects, too.

It's a New Year, there are new things to look forward to for you, Peaches!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.