Back and in onederland

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back and in onederland

Postby horsey girl » April 8th, 2005, 12:30 am

Hi All. Well nearly 4000 miles and 3 1/2 weeks later I am finally home again. I had a week long stall the last week of the trip which was really frustrating as it was at 201.5.(':x') I bobbled between that and 203 until I wanted to scream but finally made it below 200. Weight loss on the trip wasn't great, only 8.5 lbs but better than nothing considering the week stall which I think was brought on by the flu and some OTC flu remedies I finally broke down and took. I have been reading some of the posts about vacations and traveling and what to do. I had actually intended to only partially do medifast on this trip but the closer it got the more I did not want to go off it. When we left I could feel my teeth clamping shut. Screw up the first diet that has worked in years? No way! I survived an endless list of banquets, parties, and other functions without one cheat. Some pretty fancy food too. I took my Walden Farms salad dressing tucked in my purse and made the meals my lean and green. That worked out pretty good as most had a salad or vegetable and some form of edible meat. I just skipped the rest of it. I also mixed a water bottle of club soda, crystal light and a dash of lime and tucked that in my purse for my "wine" Then when the waitors came around with the wine I descreetly filled my glass before they got there. I did notice a couple of my table mates raising their eyebrows. Guess they thought I was some kind of lush! (';)')I don't know if this helps anyone but it worked for me. BK, About the shopping. I wasn't going to do any as I am working my way backwards through my closet [Always the optimist, I have a good supply from 6's to 20's] I did go to SteinMart and get a pair of size 10 black leather pants ala LW. No, they don't go past my thighs yet but they will! They were on a clearance rack for $20 and I'm going to hang them on my mirror for inspiration. It made my husband laugh at me. He says I wouldn't have worn them when I was skinny. We'll see. I am glad to be home and back to this forum. Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 8th, 2005, 6:12 am

Horseygirl...Welcome back....and you deserve a high five...... :thumbsup: ......and a bow..... :bow: ..... your compliancy and perseverance is to be admired...... :yes: ....it is that much sooner you'll be in Thinnieville...... :yay: .... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
keep shakin
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby raederle » April 8th, 2005, 6:29 am

Horseygirl-- 8.5 pounds while traveling for 3 weeks is GREAT!!!!! You really though tup some creative ways to stick to MF in the face of foody events, and I think that shows just how much dedication you have... You are an inspiration! Congrats on the loss, and more importantly, congrats on the strength and determination you've found inside yourself to make this the last diet you'll ever need to be on. You can do it!!! Those leather pants will be too big for you some day!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby horsey girl » April 8th, 2005, 8:17 am

Thanks, Donna and Rae. I'd like to take credit for all this willpower but like I said, I intended to fudge. But as the events got closer it was like someone put an iron maiden in my jaw and nothing was getting past these lips that didn't belong. So that made it pretty easy. Shamed my husband into passing up my desserts, so I gave them to others at our tables and found out those overly attentive waitors rushed to put another one in front of me. Sigh! I hope this iron maiden sticks around. Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to The Weight Room